cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Favorites: August 2022 Edition!

MonthlyFavesAugust2022.jpg

Happy August, Beauty Insider Community! I hope you’re all soaking up the final rays of summer (though here in San Francisco, our summer is just starting 😜) and putting that SPF to good use. As for me, I’ve been spending the month getting friendly with some brand-new (and in some cases, just new-to-me) products that have become fast favorites! I’ve been giving my claw clip a break and letting my hair down (frizz-free!), testing some hydrating new skincare picks, and channeling fluffy brows and lush lashes. What about you, BIC? Have you been falling back in love with some old favorites, or getting your hands on as much summer newness as possible? Let’s talk August faves!

Here are the products I’ve been regularly reaching for all month long:

Your turn, Community! Which skincare, hair, makeup, fragrance, and/or wellness products have your attention this month? Reply below and don’t forget to use the “#” sign to tag those products!

Re: Monthly Favorites: August 2022 Edition!

don't know how the end of the month always sneaks up on me, but it has yet again @AlexBT! It always happens!! 😂 After hearing you and @heartsmyface rave about the Kosas brow gel, it has secured a place in my cart, along with some other pretties that I've learned about from going through everyone's list of favorites. Mine for the month include this lovely mix of beauties: 
August 2022 FavoritesAugust 2022 Favorites

Product Details:
Spoiler
I've been a huge fan of Lancome mascaras for the longest time and was intrigued by Lancôme Le 8 Hypnôse Serum-Infused Volumizing Mascara 00 Black. It's a gel serum mascara that's on the drier side though not as dry as waterproof mascaras; it performs beautifully, depositing a rich, black color to my lashes and making them look lifted, full and fluffy. I can get in a good 7-8 hours with this mascara without it smudging or smearing. I've also noticed my lashes are more full and stronger having used this over the course of the month. Yes!!

OSEA Undari Algae Body Oil leaves my skin feeling hydrated but not greasy. The dry oil formulation goes on smoothly and absorbs quickly, making it easy to use on the go. 

Spritzing Jo Malone London Crystal Campion Cologne 1 oz / 30 mL on my wrist or in the air makes me think fresh, soft, aquatic florals. There's a wateriness to it that reminds me of the coast, minus the salty ocean air. I pick up an ever so subtle powdery-ness on the dry down but it's very faint and pleasant. I just saw that this comes in a face mist; hmmm... 😄

I love how the gel-cream of the Dr. Jart+ Water Drops Hydratring Moisturizer transforms into almost a watery essence upon contact with the skin, infusing it immediately with loads of hydration. It's been such a fantastic summertime moisturizer for me over the years. Sadly, it's been discontinued. I'll be savoring every use I can get from this tube.

Gucci lipsticks have had my heart since Gucci entered the makeup space. I didn't realize when the Mildred Rosewood shade made its way into my monthly favorites a few months back that I'd have another shade make the list again. But it has, and this time, it's Gucci Transfer-proof Matte Liquid lipstick 114 Grace Cinnamon. Lighter pinks can be challenging on my more naturally pigmented lips but Grace Cinnamon is a pretty pink that does not wash me out. Creamy when applied, the dry down and wear is comfortable, and the lasting power wonderful. 

MERIT The Minimalist Perfecting Complexion Foundation and Concealer Stick Cream is perfect for porting around with me in my purse or keeping in my drawer at work for a quick touch up before a meeting or Zoom call, conceals redness and minor blemishes and evens tone. Helps make looking polished easy peasy! I'm still working my way through the orginal packaged complexion stick but I was happily surprised and impressed when Merit redesigned and relaunched this complexion stick, doubling the size but keeping the price the same. 

I hit "pause" on picking up new flavors of the Laneige lip sleeping mask last year, and was doing well with that until they released this yummy mango version, LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask Intense Hydration with Vitamin C Mango. Same great moisturizing balm, but with a new, delicious, mango scent.

I was out and about for most of this month and didn't take the Rhode Beauty skincare goodies I'd been using with me. The entire line is as amazing as @ather said they are in her monthly favorites. Those beauties will find their way into a monthly favorite before the year is over - I had good results from the products during the warmer months and am keen to put them to use in the cooler seasons, as my skin is much more dry and dehydrated then. 

@itsfi 

I like the Osea body butter a lot; I don't know how I didn't know about the oil. The Lancome mascara sounds lovely. Your pictures are always beautiful.

@missy94612, the body butter is really nice -  the whipped, creamy texture feels so moisturizing. It smells so good too; has that OSEA signature scent but to me, the scent is stronger, richer in the body butter. 🥰

I’m a little slow since I am NOW just giving #LANEIGE sleep masks a try.. and OMG. I’m ashamed of myself for not trying sooner. I just tried grapefruit recently. I am dying to try the pink (sweet candy?), purple (gummy bear), and as you mentioned..MANGO! My fund have been low and I’ve only had the chance to window shop lately, but I can’t wait to get back in the shopping game. When I receive mail from sephora, it brightens my day..Mentally especially. Something that is much needed lately. 🙂 Thank you for suggesting the Mango sleep mask, I cannot WAIT to give it a try!😍

@KaitlinB1269, you’re not slow at all; there are so many lip balm options in the market these days (not a bad thing). Any of those flavors would be an excellent choice. Grapefruit has that fresh, refreshing, citrus burst. It smells so good! 🥰 Sweet Candy and Gummy Bear are sweet confectionary scents, with Sweet Candy being the sweeter and stronger scented of the two, to my nose. Mango is deliciously fruity! Really hard to go wrong with any of the Laneige offerings. 😊 Laneige comes out with new flavors too so there might be another one competing for your attention when it’s time to pick up another one. 

Oh yes!! I agree, mail from Sephora can be such a huge pick me up, right? It’s great (and tempting) to see and hear what’s being released, what folks have picked up and loved. 

@itsfi Haha, the end of the month tends to sneak up on me as well. That reminds me, I have to put up my empties post from the month sometime very soon. 🤣 I've been wanting to try out the OSEA Algae Oil since it was featured last time on the 21 days sale but I talked myself out of it, regrettably. I'm so glad to hear that it's a quick dry because that's the one area I'm lacking in when it comes to body oils. That GUCCI matte lippie looks great too. I'll have too add it to the must-try list. ❤️

@QueenMarceline, it's like the same thing happens every month - the 20th rolls around and I note to myself for work and otherwise that month-end is coming up. Then all of the sudden it's the day of or the day before the end of the month! 

Yes, the OSEA oil aborbs smoothly and quickly. I can apply without having to wait for it to dry before getting dressed. I should note that I have dry to very dry skin so that may have add to that, but it does make getting ready go by much more quickly and that is always a good thing on days when I'm running a smidge behind schedule. 😂 

Ohhhh, the Gucci liquid mattes wear beautifully! 💖 I have all but two of the shades. 

Gucci Liquid Matte Lipstick.jpg

Gucci Liquid Matte Lipstick x3.jpg

Wow those swatches are pretty. Mildred Rosewood seems right up my alley and Lizzie Tiger is calling my only because it's my name and I was born in the year of the Tiger...that means I HAVE to get it, right? 

@AznAngelLiz, Mildred Rosewood was my intro to this formula and I have not regretted it. One of my favorite shades, but … YES!! You absolutely must have Gucci Transfer-proof Matte Liquid lipstick 311 Lizzie Tiger in your collection! 😍  It’s meant to be. If you decide to pick it up, I’d love to know your thoughts. @heartsmyface has that color and it looks amaze on her. I’m going to see if I can find a link to it.

Edited to add: heartsmyface’s post on / wearing the Lizzie Tiger shade. https://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confidential/What-are-you-wearing-today-Pt2/m-p/6252438/high...

@itsfi Thank you so much for the swatches, you're the best ❤️ Holy cow Cornelia Pink and They Met in Argentina are definitely very much so up my alley. 

Funny you mentioned the dry down time because yesterday I had a birthday dinner for my partners father and I was trying out the TOM FORD Mini Soleil Blanc Shimmering Body Oil 1.5 oz/ 45 mL   that I got as a part of my gratis months ago for the first time. I was super late on trying it out but never have the opportunity to but I figured yesterday was finally a good occasion to try it out and for the most part I enjoyed it but it took quite a bit to fully absorb into the skin. I was trying to get dressed 20-30 minutes after application and it was still quite oily on the skin. 

@QueenMarceline, what a fun get together! Hope everyone had a good time at the birthday dinner. 

Body oils are wonderful but can take some time to fully absorb. The TF one is gorgeous and I like the smell but have to plan out more carefully when I reach for it. I forgot to mention in my previous post that a travel size of the OSEA body oil is occasionally a part of an Ulta mixed bath and body care promo gwp set; that’s how I came upon this one. You can also find the travel size in an OSEA set or as a standalone. 

@itsfi Thanks so much! I'll try to keep an eye out in the future, I definitely want to give it a go. The TF is super nice but if I'm being honest when it comes to shine/sparkle on the body I generally prefer shimmer vs. glitter and this TF feels a bit glitter-y for my usual preferences. Still a super gorgeous scent and body oil but not something I would have gone for on a regular basis. 

@itsfi , 

I'm convinced!  I want to try all of these!  😊

Thank you @tsavorite; it's a nice mix of faves - tried and true beauties and a couple of new ones I picked up over the summer. I truly am so suprised by the Lancome serum mascara, both that holds up so well for not being a waterproof formula and also that my lashes are healthier - I have less lash fall out and since I don't have much to begin with, a huuuuge plus. 👍

@itsfi ,

Thanks for the info.  This is so good to know!

Good list and pic is amazing as always @itsfi ! The mascara is really nice isn’t it! I forgot how much I liked Lancôme’s as well! I do think it works too. Ok now let’s talk about the darling bag! 😍

@Sunnysmom , thank you for your kind words. Lancôme makes great mascaras - I just saw on the app that many are currently on sale too for the holiday. Must. Stay. Strong. That gift card has to last me for a few months. 😂 

I like that Lancôme has several waterproof options. The Le 8 Hypnose isn’t waterproof but the staying power is solid, and I am really impressed that it did smudge or smear on me - it has lasted through a game of mini golf in the hot summer sun, and a 15+ hour workday, to name a few real life moments.

Ha! Thank you. The handbag is from Freya New York, an Asian-American owned, woman-owned small business that launched about a month before lockdowns started. Their bags are 100% vegan and they only have a few pieces available every year (for now at least?). I’ve been following them and picking up a piece here and there, through their sample sale when I can. I have 3 pieces, none in black - a modern miracle 😂 - but I’d love to have all 3 bags in black as well. Of course I would. 😝 

That’s amazing @itsfi ! I find waterproof to be so tricky for me but I keep trying. Or is it a good excuse to not exert myself too much . 🤔😆 Yup. Why do most bags just look best in black! Always my first choice too! Ugh. 

@Sunnysmom, waterproof macaras are usually the safe choice for my lashes if I want to avoid raccoon eyes (and I do) 😉 but there are always welcome surprises with new non-waterproof formulations like this Lancome serum mascara.

Lancome really does do mascaras so well @itsfi !

@Kim888, I always go back to a Lancôme mascara. These days I try to keep my open mascara to no more than 3; there’s always a Lancôme in that mix. 👍🏼 

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos24
  • nails-2022-july-8-triphase-eivor-regalaf - 1.jpeg
  • MonthlyFavesAugust2022.jpg
  • 550DCF1D-AE28-4239-975F-D68316FB0761.jpeg
  • A797C35D-138F-4199-BD60-105DEC8385AF.jpeg
  • 6422EC9D-9D48-4060-8728-C60D807043A2.jpeg
  • E9485636-1D08-4BEB-9E6A-6458DF6C6150.jpeg
  • 590742DC-9883-4001-B415-5EA087D4BDFC.jpeg
  • image.jpg
  • 3C7F2392-96AD-49DF-8F00-889C7C9A9F44.jpeg
  • IMG_20220829_111600067.jpg
  • august 2022 favorites.jpg
  • august 2022 favorites opened.jpg
  • 20220829_231205~2.jpg
  • 2 old favorites and several new-to-me loves.
  • faves-2022-Aug-eyeswatch.jpeg
testing