cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Favorites: August 2022 Edition!

MonthlyFavesAugust2022.jpg

Happy August, Beauty Insider Community! I hope you’re all soaking up the final rays of summer (though here in San Francisco, our summer is just starting 😜) and putting that SPF to good use. As for me, I’ve been spending the month getting friendly with some brand-new (and in some cases, just new-to-me) products that have become fast favorites! I’ve been giving my claw clip a break and letting my hair down (frizz-free!), testing some hydrating new skincare picks, and channeling fluffy brows and lush lashes. What about you, BIC? Have you been falling back in love with some old favorites, or getting your hands on as much summer newness as possible? Let’s talk August faves!

Here are the products I’ve been regularly reaching for all month long:

Your turn, Community! Which skincare, hair, makeup, fragrance, and/or wellness products have your attention this month? Reply below and don’t forget to use the “#” sign to tag those products!

Re: Monthly Favorites: August 2022 Edition!

😬😳 @itsfi  wow!!!! That’s crazy!!!! It’s like the Kylie lip kits all over again! I’m going to savour my products as long as I can!!! 

@heartsmyface  dark spot serum?? Why have I not heard of this one. Now I need to investigate too!!! 

Rhode is sooo good. I’ve been using them for about a month now and they have become a fast favourite!!!

@ather I got a gratis of that ABH Shimmer Oil but I haven't yet tried it while wearing out for the night. How are you liking it? 🙂

@QueenMarceline  I love it. It smells soooo good and gives the right amount of shimmer. I’m a little worried about the sprayer but I’ll cross it when it happens. 

@ather  When what happens?  Glitter clog?   No issues here so far. 

@heartsmyface  Yea I was hoping the glitter doesn’t clog the sprayer. That’s good it hasn’t happened for you yet either!!! 

August is going by too fast for me, but It was a great month of new purchases that I loved! 

HOURGLASS Ambient Lighting Infinity Powder Hourglass Ambient™ Lighting Infinity Powder 0.34 oz/ 9.5 g  is one new fav. Gives my skin an amazing summer glow. 

SHISEIDO Hanatsubaki Hake Polishing Face Brush Shiseido Hanatsubaki Hake Polishing Face Brush  is one of the best brushes I've used! Feels like soft velvet on my skin. I use that to apply the Hourglass powder and it finishes the look perfectly.

@Missnur, Hourglass Ambient powders give the most beautiful ethereal glow to the skin! I wonder if they'll include an Infinity Powder in a holiday palette? 🤔😍 

Okay, that Shiseido brush is adorable! I may have to add that to my holiday sale wish list. If it feels soft on the skin, I'm in!

@Missnur Hourglass powders are sooo hard to beat for glowy skin blurring!!!  The closet effect I’ve found is from the Dior Backstage Perfecting translucent powder and it’s not exactly a money saving dupe - just more sheer on the skin.  Hourglass powders have a special place in my heart

ouhhh I have to check this brush out!!   

@Missnur  Great picks!!

@Missnur Oh wow I didn't know about that Ambient Lighting *Infinity* powder! How does it rate against the other classic Hourglass Ambient® Lighting Finishing Powder??

@AlexBT  I love all of the Hourglass powders, they have the perfect finish for me. Hourglass is my to go brand for powders and will always be. The Ambient powders  I've used since forever are the Diffused light and the Ethereal Light.  The Infinity has more pearlescent golden finish compared to the other two. When I apply to my whole face it gives me the illusion of golden finish on my skin. I also use it as a bronzer sometimes for a more subtle look.  

Here is a photo of the Infinity powder with and without flash. 

A797C35D-138F-4199-BD60-105DEC8385AF.jpeg

@AlexBT 

If you know me you know I love a good glowy/dewy look on my dry combo skin. Currently loving these products:

Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder Foundation shade 2. No longer sold at Sephora but got my shade at Nordstrom online. 
Charlotte Tilbury Wonderglow Face Primer 1.35 oz/ 40mL 

Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter 

Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin Mist 1.35 oz/ 40 mL 

Bath and Body Works Saltwater Breeze body cream

550DCF1D-AE28-4239-975F-D68316FB0761.jpeg

@SportyGirly125, how would you describe the scent of Saltwater Breeze? Does it have a beach-y fragrance to it?

@itsfi @It does remind me of summer and an old scent they use to have but I cannot remember the name.  To me it smells like linen, ocean and a hint of sweetness. 

@SportyGirly125  I forgot thé Tacha Skin Mist existed after I ran out and I LOVED it!!!   CT is really good about having more subtle undertones in her shades which is greatly appreciated.  

@heartsmyface I love that CT and Tatcha have mini sizes of their products because it makes it so travel friendly.

@SportyGirly125 Some amazing picks! My sister swears by the CT Hollywood Flawless Filter, need to try it out sometime but anything from CT and Tatcha is usually a hit for my skin. 🙂

@SportyGirly125 I love a Charlotte Tilbury moment! I recently revisited my Flawless Filter, because for awhile I just couldn't decide how to use it (too many possibilities maybe??), but now that I've picked it back up, I love the subtle glow it gives when mixed with foundation.

@AlexBT @SportyGirly125   My bottle of HF sat unused for so long, then I tried it under my foundation.  Upper cheekbones, chin, cupid's bow, forehead...it gives me a subtle glow, and it's not too much in photos.

9 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos24
  • nails-2022-july-8-triphase-eivor-regalaf - 1.jpeg
  • MonthlyFavesAugust2022.jpg
  • 550DCF1D-AE28-4239-975F-D68316FB0761.jpeg
  • A797C35D-138F-4199-BD60-105DEC8385AF.jpeg
  • 6422EC9D-9D48-4060-8728-C60D807043A2.jpeg
  • E9485636-1D08-4BEB-9E6A-6458DF6C6150.jpeg
  • 590742DC-9883-4001-B415-5EA087D4BDFC.jpeg
  • image.jpg
  • 3C7F2392-96AD-49DF-8F00-889C7C9A9F44.jpeg
  • IMG_20220829_111600067.jpg
  • august 2022 favorites.jpg
  • august 2022 favorites opened.jpg
  • 20220829_231205~2.jpg
  • 2 old favorites and several new-to-me loves.
  • faves-2022-Aug-eyeswatch.jpeg
testing