cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Favorites: August 2022 Edition!

MonthlyFavesAugust2022.jpg

Happy August, Beauty Insider Community! I hope you’re all soaking up the final rays of summer (though here in San Francisco, our summer is just starting 😜) and putting that SPF to good use. As for me, I’ve been spending the month getting friendly with some brand-new (and in some cases, just new-to-me) products that have become fast favorites! I’ve been giving my claw clip a break and letting my hair down (frizz-free!), testing some hydrating new skincare picks, and channeling fluffy brows and lush lashes. What about you, BIC? Have you been falling back in love with some old favorites, or getting your hands on as much summer newness as possible? Let’s talk August faves!

Here are the products I’ve been regularly reaching for all month long:

Your turn, Community! Which skincare, hair, makeup, fragrance, and/or wellness products have your attention this month? Reply below and don’t forget to use the “#” sign to tag those products!

Re: Monthly Favorites: August 2022 Edition!

@lmaster Yay for the Makeup by Mario!! A lot of great feedback on that one - I might have to scoop one up myself! And I love that deeper highlighter/bronzer shade in the Haus Labs!

Thank you @AlexBT stand out products  💯

@lmaster that pallet looks so fun! So many great colors in there 🙂

@CynthieLu they really are so pretty!!

@lmasterYou are welcome!  I'm glad it was a blessing and not a curse. 😂

That palette is gorgeous- those purples and blues!

@Ispend2much6 thank you lovely!! Definitely not a curse!! 🤣 The palette is gorgeous,, I've been reaching for it so much more now!

Some hair favorites this month!!! I am loving the Kiehl's Since 1851 Amino Acid Shampoo !!! The set makes my hair and scalp feel really nice, it’s totally gentle and doesn’t leave build up! 

i am also obsessed with the Kitsch Satin Heatless Curling Set ! So I do have curly hair, but it’s super frizzy, unorganized. I heat styled aggressively for years and I would probably need to use a whole curl system to restore them. But all that to say my hair holds curls really well once they are in. You just put this in lightly damp hair and leave it for a few hours. It creates the absolute prettiest bouncy curls! I’ve just decided I’m done with the flat iron until the weather cools down and I’ve been using this for weeks! 

3C7F2392-96AD-49DF-8F00-889C7C9A9F44.jpeg

@Kim888 

I really like Kiehl's skincare but never tried their hair care. This set sounds like one to try.

@Kim888 ,

This is fascinating!  i didn't know about the Kitsch Satin Heatless curling set.  Makes me wish that I had longer hair.

@Kim888, I’ve been curious about that Kitsch heatless curling set. I’m so intrigued by the thought of bouncy curls overnight. Do you just need the one piece for all your hair? 

@itsfi @Yes! I have medium hair in terms of thickness, I’m not sure if someone with very thick hair would have trouble with their hair not drying.  I was sort of worried about how the back pieces would curl but it turned out to hit at the right spot ! 

@Kim888  Why must you love the heat less curls???? I’ve had it in and out of my cart for weeks. I just decided I didn’t need it now I need it again!!! What length is your hair? I have medium length I’m wondering if it will work for me. 

My hair is about bra band length when straightener so a bit shorter than that curly! I set the piece farther back on my head which I think works well. Usually I clip it in place with one of those big clips until it’s secured on both sides @ather 

@Kim888  Good to know!! I ordered one last night 😬

@ather @You’ll have to let me know what you think!! 

@Kim888 Omg I've been so curious about those curling sets. Do you sleep in it or just wear it around the house for a few hours? I love that you described your natural hair as 'unorganized' because that's how I feel about my vague in-between wave-curls too 🤣

@AlexBT @I do both! The curls definitely seem to hold longer if I put in it damp hair and sleep in it overnight (it’s soft so it’s not hard to sleep with). But sometimes I’ll just give my hair a misting and then wrap it for a few hours before I go out. That gives me okay curls for the day, but they don’t keep well the next day. 2 hours seems to be kind of the minimum time to achieve the curls. 

I am so intrigued by the Kitsch Satin Heatless Curling Set but it's not on the Canadian Sephora site,  I think I'll have to find it somewhere else lol but I've been dying to try it @Kim888 

I'm in a whole protect my hair from damage phase 😅

Great picks!

@CynthieLu Amazon actually has it on the US website so maybe they do for Canada too!

@Kim888 I have seen off brand ones on Canadian Amazon 🙂 I've got one in my cart but I haven't committed to buying it yet 😅

@CynthieLu  You can buy it off the Kitsch site and free shipping to Canada also!!

16 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos24
  • nails-2022-july-8-triphase-eivor-regalaf - 1.jpeg
  • MonthlyFavesAugust2022.jpg
  • 550DCF1D-AE28-4239-975F-D68316FB0761.jpeg
  • A797C35D-138F-4199-BD60-105DEC8385AF.jpeg
  • 6422EC9D-9D48-4060-8728-C60D807043A2.jpeg
  • E9485636-1D08-4BEB-9E6A-6458DF6C6150.jpeg
  • 590742DC-9883-4001-B415-5EA087D4BDFC.jpeg
  • image.jpg
  • 3C7F2392-96AD-49DF-8F00-889C7C9A9F44.jpeg
  • IMG_20220829_111600067.jpg
  • august 2022 favorites.jpg
  • august 2022 favorites opened.jpg
  • 20220829_231205~2.jpg
  • 2 old favorites and several new-to-me loves.
  • faves-2022-Aug-eyeswatch.jpeg
testing