Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

Oooh, that’s so nice! I love the double approach! @itsfi 

@itsfi I've had a few of the Biossance Mini Squalane + Vitamin C Rose Firming Oil 0.5 oz / 15 mL minis and I like them for travel, too. Particularly if the hotel air system dries out my skin overnight.

Mini's are great for travel @curlychiquita💖 I just refill them from my full size when I start running low. Fortunately, I have a full size and various sample / mini sizes from last year's BF deals so I'm set. The Biossance rose oil is fantastic - my skin really likes it - absorbs smoothly and quickly. I had two people comment to me the morning after I used it that my skin looked soft and moisturized and bright. I honestly didn't think they were talking to me because with work travel, the best I can hope for is that my skin just stays the status quo - hotel HVAC is a mystery to me curlychiquita; the only thing consistent about it is that it'll somehow send my skin into some sort of frenzy after I get back home. Ha! 

E5469C32-26AA-410F-9172-A72154F35B57.jpegTonight’s routine! 

1st cleanse: Doll Face cold cream cleanser

2nd cleanse: fresh Soy Hydrating Gentle Face Cleanser 

Essence: Missha Time Revolution 

Eye/lip contour: Sisley 

Serum 1: Perricone Cold Plasma Plus

Serum 2: Korres Black Pine

Moisturizer: Sisley

Grande Cosmetics GrandeBROW Brow Enhancing Serum 4 Month Supply 

Grande Cosmetics Jumbo GrandeLASH™ - MD Lash Enhancing Serum .13 oz / 4 mL 

Hair:

Serum: Vegamour GRO Hair Serum for Thinning Hair 1 oz / 30 mL 

Kerastase Cica for ends

Just trying to get back into a regular routine. I have Just finished the Sisley moisturizer, so I’ll rotate something else in. 

Oh PS, the Rose Inc headband was a freebie from a virtual event. 

@sister13  How are you liking the Grande brow and lash products??  

I have been using them for a long time and so now i think it’s just for maintenance. I saw a huge difference with the GrandeLash when I first used it, and a small but noticeable difference in brows. Now, they are staples! Though, I definitely try to

fund them on sales, because it’s pricey. @Cissy63 

Lovely routine @sister13! The Korres black pine line is really great; my favorite range from that brand. Hard to go wrong with the MIssha essence - it's a classic! 💖

Thanks @itsfi  Agreed on the Korres! The scent is what gets me! I finally found the Missha essence at TJ Maxx, I’m too lazy to purchase from other retailers online, lol. 

Lol @sister13. I miss the days when Target carried a few Missha products. For a while, TJ Maxx / Marshall’s was my source for the Korres Black Pine beauties! 😊 

How do you like the Vegamour serum @sister13

I have not noticed any major differences after recently finishing my Kerastase serum and starting this one, but I do like the consistency and it doesn’t make my hair greasy at all, and seems to soothe my scalp! @faeriegirl 

I went with a simple, effective, minimalist, morning skincare routine (and makeup too) during a recent work trip. 

SROTD - 11.7.2022 AM (trip).jpg

Skin Type:  Combination leaning dry 

Skin Concern(s):  Skin is very dehydrated, some dry patches, some dark spots and redness.

Weather / Setting:  Cold, brisk mornings and evenings. Inside heated room for most of the day.

1. Gently cleanse with Biossance Squalane + Amino Aloe Gentle Pore-Minimizing Cleanser 6.76 oz/ 200 mL 

2. I like to apply a vitamin C product right after cleansing in the mornings; my skin seems to respond well to this approach.  Biossance Mini Squalane + Vitamin C Rose Firming Oil 0.5 oz / 15 mL. Let that absorb into the skin. 

3. Put some pep into those peepers and under eye area with SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Eye Mask Caffeine - makes for a quick, lovely. little pamper sesh in the mornings. 

4. A  serum like fresh Rose Deep Hydration Face Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL helps to add some extra hydration to the skin and works well as a primer before moisturizer. 

5. Moisturize skin by applying two thin, light  layers of Dr. Jart+ Water Drops Hydrating Moisturizer (discontinued), the first on its own, the second, mixed with another drop of the Biossance Squalane + Vitamim C Rose Firming Oil.

6. Apply two (2) layers of Saie Sunvisor Radiant Moisturizing Face Sunscreen SPF 35 1.35 oz/ 40 mL for sun protection and a lovely glow.. 

7. HAUS LABS BY LADY GAGA PhD Hybrid Lip Oil Hue for a lovely color, shine, and moisture to the lips. 

@itsfi  Oh this sounds soothing 🥰

Nice routine @itsfi! I need to try the Saie sunvisor.

Thank you @faeriegirl! I have 3, maybe 4, sunscreens that are on constant rotation as far as my SPF goes and this Saie Sunvisor is one of them. It has a slight tint to it and some shimmer as well, so it makes for a nice and easy weekend sunscreen. Lately I've been wearing just this, concealer and a tinted lip oil or lip balm for "no-makeup" makeup days. I used it on a recent work trip and had folks coming up to me telling me my skin looked so moisturized and glowy or that I had a lovely healthy glow to my skin. I'll need to pick up another tube soon and am planning on picking up both the full size and the mini.

Saie Sunvisor Radiant Moisturizing Face Sunscreen SPF 35 1.35 oz/ 40 mL 

Saie Mini Sunvisor Radiant Moisturizing Face Sunscreen SPF 35 0.5 oz / 15 mL 

@itsfi ,

Off the subject, but I really love your l'ange comb!  I appreciate seeing your skin care routine!

@tsavorite, thank you, and thank you for making the recommendation for the comb.

Lovely routine! @itsfi I was just thinking about this thread! I need to get back into a a sound and consistent routine, I’ve been slacking and I’m starting to notice the ill  effects! 

I have that water drop somewhere too, don you love it?

@sister13, thank you. Love the Water Drops. it was the closest thing I found to this other Korean skincare product I received as a gift a while back and does an amazing job of infusing layers of hydration to my skin. So bummed they no longer make it. 🙁 

It’s been a while since I posted a skincare routine. I did a peel tonight so am avoiding retinol in exchange for some gentle skin barrier protecting products.   This is the last of my Herbivore Orchid oil deluxe samples so I’ll have to actually buy some soon!  I love the fragrance!

2DF94F4A-492B-4944-B42E-B6997F0AF815.jpeg

Beautiful routine @heartsmyface! 😍 I had forgotten I have that DDG peel set: I should go look for it … 

Ooooh, I see a pretty Jill Stuart jar, but I’m not familiar with her skincare. 👀 What’s inside?

2 Replies
testing