Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

⭐ Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

Updates to my daytime skincare. I have generally normal skin, a bit of redness recently (probably because I can't go outside). Who knows what the weather is?

Daytime20200404_131458.jpg

Spoiler
Cleanser (not pictured)—IT COSMETICS - Confidence in a Cleanser
Oooof, despite this being a milky cleanser, this leaves my skin a little dry and tight. I can not wait to be done with this vial, so close!

Physical(ish) Exfoliant (not pictured; once weekly)—SATURDAY SKIN - Rub-A-Dub Refining Peel Gel
I've used a couple products like this; it is one of those ones that you rub on the skin and it balls up. I like the way it feels on the skin, but more so then most of these type of peeling gels, it got caught in hairs on my face and the bits of product were sticky. It did leave my skin a little dry (the Philosophy one doesn't as much). I've only used once, so will have to come back to this to round out my thoughts.

Micelle WaterSEPHORA COLLECTION - Triple Action Cleansing Water
It is a standard cheap micelle water. It is not going to remove makeup, but it will remove any film or whatnot post cleanse. I use to it add some moisture before other products.

TonerDR. JART+ - Ceramidin™ Liquid
I don't know how I feel about this. I just started using. It is definitely hydrating, but I don't know how long it lasts.

EssenceSHISEIDO - Eudermine Revitalizing Essence
Eh, I just don't feel like essences do anything for me. Maybe we'll see a difference when I run through the essences I have and don't use any. 🤷‍♀️

Firming Serum—Private Doctor Minus Serum
This provides a little bit of plumping, but I really like TO Argireline for fine lines. Especially at that price point.

Vitamin C SerumSUNDAY RILEY - C.E.O. 15% Vitamin C Brightening Serum
When I started using this, I think maybe I should have used every other day, it is fairly strong. I feel it doesn't spread very well, so it takes a lot of product to cover my face. I like it, but it is not my favourite.

Hydrating SerumCaudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum (not sure why I couldn't tag)
I know this isn't strictly for hydration but I find it very hydrating!! I have a lot of these DS, so I will be working through for the next bit.

MassagerPMD - Clean Smart Facial Cleansing Device
I don't know how I feel about this as a massager, for really making sure the serums get into the skin?

Spot TreatmentORIGINS - Super Spot Remover™ Acne Treatment Gel
Its a gentle salicylic acid spot treatment? I really want to try the Blume one, but this one is my standard. It definitely reduces acne sizes, but not like as much as stronger products.

Eye—QMS
Haven't tried it yet. Just finished (finally!) one of my Skyn Iceland eye pen things. It actually reduces dark circles a bit temporarily, but oof, that applicator is terrible.

MoisturizerPETER THOMAS ROTH - Water Drench Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizer
I know there's a lot of drama around this but I am enjoying this moisturizer. I like that it is a gel cream in consistency, because it spreads easily and a little goes a long way.

Face OilWANDER BEAUTY - Glow Ahead Illuminating Face Oil
I've come around on this. Or I am lying to myself that I came around on it to use it up to get to another oil. When I was using a combined moisturizer and SPF, I really liked this as a last step before make up, I felt that it added a bit of moisture and helped as a primer. It isn't that illuminating though, IMO!

SPFSHISEIDO - Urban Environment Oil-Free UV Protector Broad Spectrum Face Sunscreen SPF 42
It's a good SPF, but oof, it is runny and leaves a white cast. I got it in a kit with other things, otherwise, I wouldn't have repurchased.

MisterGLOW RECIPE - Watermelon Glow Ultra-Fine Mist
I love this! I have become a person who mists! The smell! You all were so on the nose with the jolly rancher set, but not too overpowering! I love this. I just realize misters could be this good. I have only used rose smelling ones which I can not stand, but this is great! 

Last night's skincare: Indoor weather.

20200401_211441.jpg

Full evening of skincare.  My skin was revolting against my haphazard skincare over the last 2 weeks. The fun, hydrating mask was courtesy of @itsfi 💗

I'm glad you were able to get a full routine in, @l8totheparty!! Nice nourishing line up!!

@l8totheparty, I saw your pic of the sheet mask before I saw that you tagged me, and thought “oooh, that’s a good one!” 😍😆 

So sorry to hear your skin is misbehaving’ 😔; hope it settles down and gets back to a good place soon. 🤞🏼 

I love simple 💗 @averylayne 

Oooh, I love this quick and simple line up, @averylayne!! Jet lag FTW!

thanks @haleyvvvv ! Jet Lag errrrrrrrday

That Lancer hydrating oil looks wonderful @averylayne

@itsfi it's very hydrating! not a huge fan of oils, but I do like this one.  I can only wear it at night though, because it makes me look pretty greasy

This has generally been my routine since Friday. I’ve been trying out a couple new products and different combination of products. The weather has been a little fickle, leaving my skin confused at times 🤷🏻‍♀️ - this is around the time when my skin starts leaning dehydrated-combo, instead of dehydrated-dry but the rain and wind we’ve been having is leaving me with some dry on patches that I typically see more of in the winter months. C’est la vie. BDCD695C-3EAB-4B31-A4E8-E7A880FA6355.jpeg

Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser makes a great second cleanse or, when my skin is on the oilier side, a great morning cleanser. It's a simple, no muss, no fuss basic cleanser that gets its job done without leaving skin feeling tight or stripped, which is a huge plus.  Thank you @SportyGirly125 for sending this one over my way.

Herbivore Bakuchiol is the standout product in my more recent skincare routines. My skin has not historically reacted well at all to retinols or Retin-A so I was both skeptical and intrigued by Herbivore Bakuchiol. I was happy that I didn't experience the usual skin irritations, or any irritation at all, from the Bakuchiol BUT I've even notice some amazing results that have me very impressed with this retinol-alternative. I've noticed earlier this year the faint (but still very noticeable to me) beginnings of frown lines (I think they're called elevens?) - aaaack!! I know, acne and lines - what lottery ticket did I get?! hahaha! I've been using Bakuchiol all of March and ... I don't see the lines anymore. I'm shocked and mightily happy too!

I've wondered if The Ordinary Marine Hyaluronics is a dupe for Dr. Dennis Gross Marine Hyaluronics Hydration Booster so I decided to switch out the DDG I was using for The Ordinary and it's not looking like it so far, but I want to give TO until the end of the week before I give my general thoughts on it. 

Yes, the Herbivore Bakuchiol is a great product.  @itsfi 

My skin loves it @l8totheparty! 💕 Have you tried other skincare products containing Bakuchiol? 

Nice line up, @itsfi!! I love how it is all pink and spring colored!! 

Thank you @haleyvvvv! 😃 The Herbivore Bakuchiol keeps it from being an all pink and white lineup, but the Bakuchiol is just sooo good! My skincare routine is ready for warmer spring temperatures but the weather  isn’t really cooperating. Ha! 😆

But it's a light purple, @itsfi. It totally has those same vibes. I've heard such good things about it. It is on deck, I have a few DS, once my current retinol products are done. Super excited to try. I'm sorry about the weather!!

@haleyvvvv, I hope the Bakuchiol works out for you. 🤞🏼 Eh, it’s okay. The transitional period in between seasons is always presents a challenge for my skin and skincare, but it’ll sort itself out. 😊

Switching up my morning skincare AGAIN.  Gotta keep things interesting around here so I don’t become a zombie. 579A4EDE-3658-433D-8C65-12763FADC722.jpeg

The Cure Natural Aqua Gel is a gommage type exfoliant (the type that balls up with exposure to oxygen and you use the gum and amino acids to gently exfoliate) It has a high concentration of alcohol in it which is very obvious but it leaves my skin so baby smooth.  It’s alright to use once in a while but I would choose something alcohol free for most days.  
The Mizon Snail repair eye cream is a little forgettable.  It does the job of moisturizing and I have no complaints but it doesn’t deliver any benefit that any other eye cream can do.  I’ll use it up but won’t be rushing to get another. 
The Tony Moly UV Master sunblock is alright.  It has a white cast at first but blends in well.  It leaves my skin shiny for a bit.  

Agree with you completely about the Mizon snail eye cream @heartsmyface. I like using it as an all over serum. BTW, I picked up that horse oil hair product. Haven’t had a chance to use it yet but it’s on my list of things to do. 

Weds amWeds am

Weds nightWeds night

Thurs amThurs am

Thurs night*Thurs night*

Fri amFri am

Fri nightFri night

I tried the Sephora 1 min masks and i was happy w the quick results. I Tried the jcat makeup remover and it seems gentle n smells good so far. The dr Brandt left  my skin so smooth. FRIday night I think I either had a reaction to the bareminerals serum or used it w the wrong products cuz now I’ve got itchy irritated texture😩

2,093 Replies