Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

@itsfi  It WAS lip balm when the photo was taken but I have recently repurposed the pretty glass pot to hold cbd face oil in case you see it again;) 

Hii! I have oily skin with blackheads, acne prone, acne scars and uneven texture skin.

I interchange with CeraVe Foaming Cleanser and The INKEY List Salicylic Acid Cleanser 5 oz / 150 ml (twice a week) I double cleanse at nice with The INKEY List Oat Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 5 oz/ 150 mL fir makeup removal!

For my serums I use The INKEY List Niacinamide Oil Control Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL and The INKEY List Hyaluronic Acid (HA) Hydrating Face Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL

I also use The INKEY List Beta Hydroxy Acid 1 oz/ 30 mL interchangeably with the SA cleanser.

I moisturize with The INKEY List Omega Water Cream Moisturizer 1.7 oz / 50 mL 

I protect with Neutrogena Clear Face SPF 50.

Is this a good routine? I was thinking that because I was using a water cream my skin is overproducing oil still from the lack of moisturization (not a word haha!)

This is a great affordable skincare routine!

So I keep a circulation of what products I use, because I have become more aware of what my skin needs or how I'm feeling and I reflect my skincare into that. My primary skin concerns is keeping my skin clear and consistent, while preventing aging before it arrives.

As a teen, I had what one might consider a regular amount of acne, but I still have a bit of big pores around my eye area, which sucks since I wear glasses and my face shape doesn't help with attracting dirt in that area. For that reason, I use Paula's Choice Mini Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant 1 oz/ 30 mL every once in a while on my lower eye area, closer to my cheek, as well as my nose.

When I feel stressed or anxious, I know my face gets warm and I like to cool down so I use  Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Ultra-Fine Mist 2.53 oz/ 75 mL or the LANEIGE Cream Skin Mist 2.54 oz/ 75 mL,. It Definity helps out that I can use it on the go and can fit easily in my bag.

Everything else is just basics that works for me.

It’s been a while since I posted a skincare lineup 

B6BE4298-196F-4966-BDF7-BCF4023C1545.jpeg

Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Hyaluronic Marine™ Makeup Removing Meltaway Cleanser 5 oz/ 150 mL Kiehl's Since 1851 Ferulic Brew Facial Treatment Essence with Lactic Acid 3.4 oz/ 100 mL Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Advanced Retinol + Ferulic Overnight Wrinkle Treatment 1 oz/ 30 mL Kate Somerville ExfoliKate Glow Moisturizer 1.7 oz/50ml Dior Lip Glow Oil Cherry 

@heartsmyface, the Dior lip oil and the Sonbahyh oil are so good! ♥️ How often are you using the Kiehl’s? 

@itsfi nightly when it’s in rotation.  It got replaced while camping with a Trader Joes rose water mist for convenience, but I’m happy to have access to the ferulic acid again:) 

Current AM skincare 

20211129_104554~3.jpg

@haleyvvvv  Ouhhh what’s that snowfox product? I like the artwork on it.  

I also liked the artwork on this brand, which is why I picked it up from like a Boxy sale. It is the Snow Fox Herbal Youth Oil, @heartsmyface. I really liked the texture, reminded me of the Herbivore Orchid Antioxidant Beauty Face Oil - For Combination Skin 1.7 oz/ 50 mL which is my favorite oil. The scent on the Snow Fox was a little too much for me. 

oooh, the Tatcha and Laneige look super nourishing, @makeitup305!! 

Love the Luna oil, @pocketvenus!! 

This morning’s routine was the exact same as yesterday, but I switched out the REN Ready Set Glow for Pixi Glow. Last night’s routine:

F6F662C3-94D0-496B-819E-C6E965AEF44D.jpeg

Spoiler
So glad I am doing this because it made me realize I’ve been a little overzealous with acids and need to cool down a bit. It’s been fairly cool and windy, but I haven’t noticed a change (yet) in my skin due to the weather.

Order of application:
Tatcha Mini The Deep Cleanse Exfoliating Cleanser 1.7 oz/ 50 mL 
Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Ultra-Fine Mist 2.53 oz/ 75 mL 
The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Exfoliating Toner 8 oz/ 240 mL 
(not pictured) Peach & Lily Snail Rescue Mask
#Tatcha The Essence Skincare Boosting Treatment 5.1 oz/ 150 mL 
Violette_Fr Boum Boum Milk (it is a combo toner/serum/moisturizer, but I like to use it as a pre-sheet mask treatment for extra hydration)
A’Pieu Green Daily Daily Mask
JayJun Green Tea Eye Gel Patches
Eminence Lemongrass Lip Balm
Tatcha The Kissu Lip Mask Original 
La Mer Mini The Concentrate Serum 0.5 oz/ 15 mL 
La Mer The Moisturizing Soft Cream Moisturizer 
#Guerlain Abeille Royale Advanced Youth Watery Oil 
Siselya Eye & Lip Contour Cream

How is the tatcha essence, @eshoe!?

@haleyvvvv the Tatcha agrees with my skin. It’s winter and this is the first year I haven’t experienced overly dry cheeks. I am not saying this is 100% responsible for that, but it isn’t hurting! The pour spout is a plus, so I don’t inadvertently spill it every time I use it, too😉 

I will be investigating it, @eshoe!! Reduced dryness sounds pretty great!! Nice!! Thanks!!

This is me going a lot more minimalist with my skincare routine! I do have other products I use depending on how my skin is feeling, but this is pretty typical for my combination skin.

Spoiler
First Aid Beauty Pure Skin Face Cleanser 8 oz/ 240 mL 
OLEHENRIKSEN Truth Serum Hydrating Vitamin C Serum 1.0 oz/ 30 mL 
Herbivore Emerald CBD + Adaptogens Deep Moisture Glow Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL 
REN Clean Skincare Evercalm™ Overnight Recovery Balm 1.02 oz/ 30 mL

Prescription clindamycin and trentinoin 
Farmacy Dew It All eye cream (no longer sold at Sephora, but at least I can get it from Farmacy direct)
Cerave moisturizer with sunscreen 

BCE6759C-2BEB-49E7-8470-2671C0FC92A1.jpeg

@txcatx Have you tried the re-formulated First Aid Beauty Pure Skin Face Cleanser ?  I just got mine recently when Ulta had it 50% off and I guess it's close enough, but I'm still experimenting.  I really thought I'd see some chatter about it on BIC.  IDK when they changed it.

I just got a sample tube of this cleanser in one of my orders a few weeks ago so I don't know if it's the reformulated version or not, but I do know it doesn't smell great. I do really like how it cleanses and how my skin looks after, but the smell is really making me want to switch to something else. Not sure if that was a thing with the old formula or not though.

1 Reply
testing