Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

I have oily, acne-prone skin. At night, if I have a lot of makeup on, I use Heimish Cleansing Balm and then The INKEY List Salicylic Acid Cleanser 5 oz / 150 ml. If I'm wearing minimal or no makeup, I just use the same cleanser. After that, my routine consists of Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow PHA + BHA Pore-Tight Toner, OLEHENRIKSEN Glow2OH 7% AHA Exfoliating Dark Spot Toner 2.2 oz/ 65 mL, The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum , The INKEY List Retinol Fine Lines and Wrinkles Serum 1 oz / 30 ml, Glow Recipe Guava Vitamin C Bright-Eye Gel Cream 0.5 oz / 15 mL, and OLEHENRIKSEN Skin Barrier Strengthening Moisturizer with Peptides and Niacinamide 1.7 oz/ 50 mL. In the morning, I keep my routine very simple. I use the same cleanser. Then, Glow Recipe Guava Vitamin C Dark Spot Brightening Treatment Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL and OLEHENRIKSEN Banana Bright+ Vitamin C Brightening Eye Crème 0.5 oz / 15 mL. I skip moisturizer and finish off with Hawaiian Tropic Sheer Touch Sunscreen.

Beautiful routine @Sparsha. Like you, my evening routine has more steps than my morning one. Your double cleanse combination is a nice one. My skin leans more oily and acne-prone as the weather warms up and that TIL salicylic acid cleanser works gently but effectively. That OH moisturizer is a good one. 💜 

Finally getting around to uploading my current routine. Ignore the clothes in the sink. 

Skin care 1.jpgSkin Care 2.jpg

Lots of great products in your skincare routine @Samtian ❣️ Bioderma micellar water is a HG for me. 💖 How are you liking the Huxley toner? I’ve heard their products can be very heavily fragranced; I have a couple of deluxe samples but that’s sorta steered me away from it. 

@itsfi I love it. Part of the reason I love it is because of how heavily fragranced it is. I could bathe in that scent. I really like the blue micellar water. The blue one will probably be my number 1 cleanser in my routine once I'm done testing samples and stuff. Followed by the Tatcha polish 🤤

The Tatcha rice powder polish @Samtian? I pick up a gwp sample packet of the rice powder polish whenever I make  purchase from Tatcha direct. They're convenient for keepng in my travel or gym bag. I've not tried all the different versions...yet. 😆 Do you have a favorite or go to among that line?

Tatcha The Rice Polish Foaming Enzyme Powder The classic one. That one is from dry to combo skin. Mine is more oily combo, but this one I found works the best! My skin always looks and feels amazing after I use it. Even though I don't like having to mix it with water haha. 

I have a lot of products. I always use what my skin needs or felt like what kind of attention it needs but yes my day time routine is different than my night time routine . I also like to take care of my body skin as well😅.

image.jpg

@AnaBrisa, that's a great mix of products to give your skin what it needs from head to toe! 😍

Thanks for reminding me to post an update @itsfi! This is my AM routine. I have been loving the new YTTP eye serum.
567B20A2-B848-4736-B2CB-F6798BCAB962.jpeg

My PM routine hasn’t changed much. I keep it the same and only switch between the Tretinoin and Farmacy serum.
8B572A47-5FE4-4DB4-8B16-97FF6C1965F8.jpeg

Pretty routines @faeriegirl. How do you like the YTTP cleansing balm compared to the Farmacy balm?

@itsfi  I feel like it removes makeup better for me than the Farmacy balm does. 

Springing into a new, minimalist morning routine 
Spring 2023.jpg
Skin Type: Combination - oily lower T-zone, dry elsewhere
Skin Concerns: Dehydration (a recurring theme for me); sensitivity - I had a mishap with a product earlier mid-March so skin barrier repair made the to do list. Additional dryness from weather, currently being sick, and at some point this season, allergies.
Weather / Climate: It's been all over place - rainstorms, bomb cyclones, atmospheric river and then a few days of sun, though it's still on the chilly side - but it means my skin is drier and more dehydrated than it might otherwise be.

Product Details
Spoiler
Lovinah Dragon Blood Vitamin C Cleansing Oil - I tend to use a cleanser in the mornings during the spring/summer months and occasionally at other times throughout the year. This one from Lovinah contains vitamin C and double encapsulated salicylic acid, the latter of which helps to keep the periodic and pesky pimples I'm prone to at bay.

OLEHENRIKSEN Hydrabarrier Nourishing Face Oil 1 oz / 30 mL is soothing and moisturizing. I also like that it's packed with peptides and ceramides. 

I rotate through sunscreens depending on my mood but have been reaching for OLEHENRIKSEN Banana Bright Mineral Face Sunscreen SPF 30 1.7 oz / 50 mL often. I love that it's 100% mineral sunblock (16.32% zinc oxide). It has a pale orange tint and a light citrusy scent and doubles as a makeup primer, adding a lovely, natural dewiness to the skin that comes through beautifully under my makeup. 

HAUS LABS BY LADY GAGA PhD Hybrid Lip Oil Secondaryhydrates and moisturizes my lips while giving them a pretty pink tint that dries down to a lovely stain. I've been putting this on in the mornings to prep my lips during my commute to work and figuring out what, if anything, I want to add to it by the time I get to my desk. Most days, I just add another layer of the Haus lip oil. 😉

@itsfi that lip oil sounds right up my alley! My skin has been feeling so dehydrated lately I really should add in an oil. I love seeing the posts and getting inspired by products! 😊❤️

@l8totheparty, so good to see you! How have you been? 

I’m a huge fan of lip oils. There are so many more on the market now. The Haus Labs oils are good - hydrating and they have some pretty shades to choose from. Clarins Lip Comfort Hydrating Oil just reformulated theirs - the formulation is thinner but just as good. I’ve been impressed with the 

Kosas Wet Lip Oil Plumping Peptide Lip Treatment Gloss and Dior Lip Glow Oil is a forever favorite. 

Oooh, I have the Dragon C waiting in the wings, too! Looking forward to using that one! @itsfi 

A little goes a looooong way @sister13. I’ve had this bottle for over a year now. Granted, I don’t use it everyday but it does last, that’s for sure. I seem to recall the brand coming out with a balm cleanser in this Dragon’s Blood line as well? 🤔 

Oh wow! Yes, I used that Balm, it was good! I got that one and this one from my Boxwalla subscription box! @itsfi 

Boxwalla has some great products in its sub boxes @sister13. I have a few more  skincare products to get through before I can even think about starting up on a sub box again. 😂

I know! Every time I think I’ll pause it, I’m like, but it’s all so nice and a great value, even though I can never use it at the rate it arrives! @itsfi 

3,074 Replies
testing