Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

Heh. I just wing it on and hope for the best @itsfi 😆

Yours is the smarter, safer idea to start a new product.

Mine is honed from waaaaay too many occasions of a product not getting along with my skin! 😔 It takes forever to get my skin looking and feeling better when that happens @l8totheparty

@sprocketta I've seen others say or didn't give them milia, I hope it doesn't for you!! 

@l8totheparty  My routine doesn’t change all that much on a daily/weekly basis, which is why I keep it in spreadsheet form. But I do still have some skincare items on deck for testing... maybe I’ll share those in this thread, once I rotate them into my routine. 

Meanwhile, here’s my latest skincare routine list. Only thing missing is my midday/afternoon post-workout routine, because I haven’t started it up again yet. 😄 

22947921-C416-4623-9582-F171F1C258F6.jpeg

3EC0DDFA-AA86-454B-853E-7F5AAAED0534.jpeg

C92404AB-F3F6-4CA4-A696-65B949ACA093.jpeg

😍🤩😍 skincare spreadsheets! Yes, the scientist in me adores this, @WinglessOne!! So impressive!!

Thanks @haleyvvvv ! 🙂

I love your spreadsheet @WinglessOne - I need to get working on one. On a side note, I didn’t realize Bubblewrap is a lip product. Guess I haven’t paid much attention, but now I’m curious about it.

Thanks @eshoe ! Once you have a skincare spreadsheet, it’s kinda fun to look at old versions of it to see how much your routine has changed and what you’ve learned about your skin along the way. My spreadsheet is part of a workbook that includes tabs of ingredients my skin seems to love or hate. Kind of an ingredients cross reference. It’s labor intensive but helpful in the long run. 

Glossier calls Bubblewrap an “eye and lip plumping cream.” I bought it to use only on my lips. It’s not moisturizing enough on its own for me, but it does contain hyaluronic acid, peptides, and antioxidants so I treat it like a lip serum. For the hell of it, I did try it once under my eyes and won’t do that again: it made my eyes itchy. It doesn’t irritate my lips at all, though. 

That’s a great layout you have, separating out the individual yay/nay ingredients. That’s would be especially helpful for someone with sensitive skin. 

Hmmm well the Bubblewrap sounds interesting enough, @WinglessOne might have to give it a whirl!

This is awesome and inspiring! Future project for me! 😍 love seeing your products and uses/routine!

Thanks @SAlyFitz ! 🙂

How organized are you?? This is great @WinglessOne 

Thanks @lmaster ! Heh, if only I was this organized about everything else... 😄 

@WinglessOne how does the Paula's Choice anti-redness exfoliant compare to the gel? I use the former but I use it on cotton pads and I feel like I'm wasting a bit of product.

@sprocketta  I just use my hands to apply the Clear Anti-Redness exfoliant. I can better control how much I apply that way. The gel exfoliant has the same consistency as the AHA gel, so it’s easier to use as a spot treatment. I think the gel BHA would work just as well as the Clear liquid BHA, since they both contain some skin soothing ingredients. I just prefer the liquid for my whole face; I don’t like having the gel texture all over my face. 

@WinglessOne, I always love seeing your skincare spreadsheet. 💗 Was wondering about the Paula’s Choice 2% BHA Gel - is that the same formulation as her 2% BHA Gel Exfoliant? 

Thanks @itsfi !  Do you mean the Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant vs. the gel version? They share lots of ingredients, but the gel contains a couple more extracts: grape seed, willow herb, and bisabolol. 

Both the 2% BHA gel and the Clear Anti-Redness 2% BHA contain more skin soothing ingredients than the Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid, which is why I don’t use the liquid—though it’s probably the most popular of Paula’s BHA exfoliants. 🙂

Thank you @WinglessOne

Typical morning routine.  Glycolic acid toner, Vitamin C serum, usually another serum, eye cream, moisturizer, sunscreen. 8B11EB90-9CFE-488F-9DB1-EB82F34BEA84.jpg

Nice line up, @averylayne!!

thanks @haleyvvvv !

19 Replies
testing