Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

You all have SO many mists @l8totheparty @lmaster! I need to find that TM bamboo, your description makes it sound lovely!

@eshoe I need that bamboo mist!!

Winners is where I found mine, more towards the summer. @eshoe It is nice 😊

@l8totheparty tonymoly bamboo mist, pretty darn cool

It smells deliciously of bamboo and leaves me with no residue oily feel. I have it sitting on my end table in my livingroom. lol I've actually used it having it there to mist myself if I remember.  @lmaster 

-found in Winners

@l8totheparty I'm so excited to hop in. I've been stalking the post and hearting some things but now I'll get to post my own and spend some time reading. 🙂

I tend to bring products in gradually which sucks on the trying new things front because I pace it but is great to see if something truly makes a difference (both good and bad).

Morning:

20200124_090020.jpg

Spoiler

Evening:

20200124_090213.jpg

Spoiler

@ShortErica I bought the bareMinerals Mineral Veil Talc Free Setting Powder Mineral Veil a few months ago for the same reason as you, I also use it to mattify my sunblock! Great skincare routine!

Thanks @keana1! I haven't used any other setting powders. Is this your favorite or how would you compare it to others for mattifying?

@ShortErica It’s the only one that I’ve tried so far. I wanted a powder with SPF in it. Powder sunscreen is hard to find up here ! It would be great if Sephora Canada carried Supergoop mineral sunscreen powder ( that comes with a built-in brush ).🤞🏻

At one point I looked into those buy never took the plunge because it seemed expensive for the amount of product. I even looked for make your own refillable brush applicators but now can't find them. I wish they would just have the same Sephora products for both US and Canada unless it violated some safety law. It's got to be so frustrating for you @keana1 to see products at Sephora bit you can't buy it because of your location

Sorry for the long delay @ShortErica ! It’s quite frustrating but when it comes to sunscreen, Health Canada has to perform their own studies which can explain the delays. Same thing goes for strong acids ( the DE Sukari Babyfacial and the TO Peeling solution are deemed too strong for use outside a clinical setting ( as if Canadians are too stupid to use them safely! ( sorry for venting my frustration! )). I don’t understand why other products that don’t need to be tested at length aren’t available up here? Or we have to order from another source, at a much higher price! Not fair at all! 🤬🤯🤬😤

That is frustrating @keana1! Feel free to vent about it. I'd be ticked off too.

I’m finished venting @ShortErica ! Good news, Montreal is going to have an ( or maybe more ) Ulta store ! ( 2021 in theory ) 😊. They’re going to use the old space available when Sears closed and there’s space available in the shopping center at walking distance from my condo! 🤞🤞🤞 Can’t wait 😊

Oh that is exciting @keana1! I feel like 2020 is flying by and it will be 2021 before you know it.

I can be very patient when I have to @ShortErica ! 😜

@keana1 @ShortErica I also enjoy using the BareMinerals setting powder. They have one with SPF 25 in it, so it's great to use on it's own as a powder SPF. bareMinerals Mineral Veil Talc Free Setting Powder Mineral Veil

@PenelopeBT I love to use it also as SPF by itself especially when it’s cloudy outside since I don’t use a BB cream ( they mostly contain chemical sunscreens and I prefer mineral sunscreen ). To minimize the white cast left by mineral sunscreen, I mix my sunscreen with the DRUNK ELEPHANT - D-Bronzi™ Anti-Pollution Sunshine Drops. 💕

Thanks for the tip! I do have the DE Drops at home and use it as a bronzer.

@ShortErica What are the reusable cotton rounds? I would love to cut down on waste with something like that. Brands/Purchase location?

@sprocketta I purchased on Amazon and the company is wegreeco. I believe there are cotton ones but this one is bamboo velour. I learned about them from @WinglessOne. She has tried both kinds and I can't recall which absorbs more product but based off her reviews I went with the bamboo velour to try. Hopefully she can chime in with more detail. So far it has been good. I bought them spring 2019 but have used them much more this year. They are white and have a little staining but nothing I can't look past.

@ShortErica  @sprocketta  Yep, those are some of the ones I bought 2 years ago. 🙂 I have Wegreeco’s 2-ply bamboo velour ones and always use for eye makeup because they’re pretty soft. I also use them on the rest of my face sometimes. After I use one, I rinse it in the sink and drop it in the mesh bag these rounds come with. (I keep it hung on my towel bar.) When the bag’s full, I toss it in the wash with clothes/towels/whatever. I always dry mine in the dryer because I lack the patience to hang each round to air-dry. 😄 They’ve held up well so far. There are other brands/sellers on Amazon who make these, and I might buy another set from a different brand—especially if I can find some 3-ply velour rounds. 

I also have some 3-ply bamboo rounds with a terrycloth texture; I bought those from 2 different brands on Amazon. They’re not as soft as the velour ones, but they’re thicker/sturdier. I wash them the same way as the velour ones. 

I also bought 2 wall-mounted cotton round holders/dispensers on Amazon to store all my bamboo rounds. The rounds are slightly too large for the dispensers, but that hasn’t been a problem so far. I’m sure there’s a more expensive holder large enough for these, but I specifically wanted something I could very easily hang on the wall (with Command Strips) and remove to refill, and I wanted something with a bottom dispenser slot. 

My reusable “cotton” rounds: L = bamboo terrycloth; R = bamboo velourMy reusable “cotton” rounds: L = bamboo terrycloth; R = bamboo velour

1 Reply
testing