Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

Very nice @averylayne 🥰 I’ve tried the Tatcha cream but run of that too 😫

@2manyperfumes can't really go wrong with tatcha products! great quality, effective, and such pretty packaging haha

How long have you been using the Tatcha, @averylayne? It’s a beautiful serum, but I’ve only sampled it. Curious how you like it over time.

I used it for half a year @eshoe ❤️ But although I love Tatcha it’s $$$.  It was good but not holy grail good.  I was getting similar results with just vitamin c serums.  I didn’t have break outs from it.  My daughter does though.  She didn’t like it but likes the water cream (green bottle).  The rice polish is my favourite because at least one regular size bottle lasts months.  Still it’s a hefty initial expense in the beginning.  Same with the Essence water lasts long ($80?) but you can find plumping serums with lactic acid that get similar results.  The smell is kind of weird lol.  Fermented - acidic.  

‘Fermented-acidic’ I wouldn’t have considered that @2manyperfumes, but I know exactly what you are talking about. its not a pleasant scent.

The rice powder is very, very nice, and gentle. When I use mine I mix it with a couple scoops of the Neogen Real Vita C Powder. Your daughter must love trying such beautiful products🤩 it’s kind of a relief when the $$$ ones don’t work out though, ha!

Lol it’s like stale beer @eshoe  😂 my daughter and I try to pick up samples or minis before we spend too much but I did buy the full sizes and was kind of relieved to find something less $.  She lives very clean products and my hourglass translucent veil powder.  I gave up and found something affordable she doesn’t take.  😂 I magically went through 3 hourglass powders and that was that.  

3 hourglass powders, yikes @2manyperfumes 😳 yeah I am due for a restock and I have so many others that need to be used, but none are quite the perfect Cinderella-fit, like Veil. I ended up blending a setting powder with some shaded loose powder and voila! I will reward myself once I finish, and take a cue from you and hide it when I do repurchase.

@eshoe I've been using the Tatcha Violet-C Brightening Serum 20% Vitamin C + 10% AHA 1 oz/ 30 mLfor a couple months.  I really liked the results! My skin did appear brighter and clearer. And I liked that it contains AHA for exfoliation too.  The only issue I have with it is the consistency; it's a little too watery.  I felt like I lost a lot of product between my fingers, so I'm going through it a lot quicker than I expected.

Hmmmm that is slightly frustrating @averylayne - especially with such a pricey product! Sounds like it might be a great once/twice a week treatment due to the AHA’s, though. Thanks for your thoughts!

@eshoe no problem! 

Great photo @averylayne! 😍 I’ve heard really good things about the Elta sunscreen.

thank you @itsfi  😊 I love the EltaMD sunscreen; that's one of my holy grails.  I started using it after my dermatologist recommended it (I had a horrible horrible postpartum breakout that took over 50% of my face).  I've been using it ever since.  It contains niacinamide, so I think it's pretty highly recommended for acne prone skin.  

Do you use the glycolic acid toner everyday? @averylayne I've often wondered about using a glycolic toner everyday. 

@l8totheparty yup, every morning. I also use it at night sometimes (my PM routine changes nightly because I use peels/masks throughout the week).  I was using the Pixi Glow Tonic (5% glycolic acid) for a long time, but then I wanted to try out The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Exfoliating Toner 8 oz/ 240 mL.  Both are pretty good, although I think I get more of a glow with Pixi

Thanks, @averylayne !

I use one daily but always paired with hydrating essence, hydrating serum or mist and hydrating mask.  I’ve recently adapted this routine after a bad reaction to an unknown retinoid use and nursing my skin through it lol😞💀 I guess I can tell what it needs better now and I’m paying way more attention for maintenance of my skin and prevention from that awful reaction and recovery...

Ill use one 2 times a week @l8totheparty 

Evening skincare.  My face looked glowy and felt moisturized. It was a no-makeup day. I just started the snoxin. Anyone else use/try it?20200119_020320.jpg

Spoiler

Oooh, that's a nice nighttime routine, @l8totheparty!! I am going to start trying the Herbivore as soon as I am through my current alt retinol. Does the ordinary rose hip have a scent?

Yes, it has a mild, earthy scent to it. I really like it in my evening routine when I remember to add the oil. @haleyvvvv 

Love that TO rose hip seed oil @l8totheparty! <333 The Sephora Collection Glow Peel Pads are nice too! 🙂

1 Reply
testing