cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Feedback Wanted: Origins New Mask!

HelloCalm Mask.jpeg

Sephora and Origins have partnered to give select Community members an exciting sneak peek at a brand new mask from Origins.

Origins has created Hello Calm, a relaxing and hydrating face mask with cannabis sativa seed oil and we would love to hear your feedback. 

Here are more details about this mask:

* Key benefits: It helps treat skin concerns such as dryness & visible irritation by instantly hydrating & soothe skin. And the essential oil blend helps to de-stress your senses, so you feel & look relaxed & refreshed.

* Key ingredients: Infused with natural, non-intoxicating Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil from Hemp.

* Usage: Apply generously to clean skin. Relax for 10 minutes. Tissue off. Massage in excess. Great before bedtime!

Once you learn more about the Hello Calm mask share your opinions and tell us about what you do to unwind and relax!

**EDIT**

Thank you all so much for your feedback! This mask is officially available so if you're interested in sharing your review or learning more about the product please head here: https://www.sephora.com/product/hello-calm-relaxing-hydrating-face-mask-with-cannabis-sativa-seed-oi...

RE: Feedback Wanted: Origins New Mask!

Iโ€™d be curious to find out if the hemp seed would really help you relax while having the mask on. Iโ€™ve heard hemp oil helps with distressing and has other medicinal effects. I would like to try something that could help with the stress and have other benefits like keeping the skin smooth.

Re: RE: Feedback Wanted: Origins New Mask!

@Brendaro2424  @veronika23  Is absolutely correct.  Hemp seed oil is full of the good omega fatty acids.  It does well for your skin to ingest it; we like hemp seed on our oatmeal (it actually tastes like pignoli seeds!)

The skin is the body's largest organ, and it absorbs whatever we put on it, so technically it should be benefit your skin.

Re: RE: Feedback Wanted: Origins New Mask!

@Brendaro2424  While hemp oil has a lot of benefits including some for your health it's not the same as CBD (Cannabidiol) oil which is the one with great medical benefits and the one most people have been talking about lately. They are made from different parts of the plant. I just wanted to mention this because it's easy to get them confused with the misinformation out there. And a lot of companies are trying to pass their products off as CBD while it's actually hemp seed oil. It is not the case here but it's been happening a lot. The cannabis plant it quite complex and can produce many different products. Both types of oils are good but do not have the same properties. I also just wanted to point this out in case you or anyone else ever looks into CBD for a specific medical condition. I wouldn't want anyone to get hemp seed oil instead and not get the benefits you would come to expect from CBD. ๐Ÿ™‚

I would be interested in trying this product as a person with very sensitive skin, I would love to see if this product could help with my skin concerns.

Would love to try this since it seems perfect for the coming fall and winter climates!

I would love to try this mask. I have very sensitive skin so Iโ€™m always looking for gentle and soothing products. Origins is a brand Iโ€™ve always heard great things about. I canโ€™t wait to try this one out!
Anonymous Insider

I would love to try! I often use hemp seed oilโ€”even cold pressed, raw hemp, on my skin, so Iโ€™ve got a good understanding on how my personal skin does with hemp so trying this would be a great way to compare it against previous products! Iโ€™m all in. (:

Iโ€™m in!!! I am quite interested in trying new ingredients & I have never tried Origins. This would work great now that the weather is getting slightly colder.

Re: Feedback Wanted: Origins New Mask!

This really does sound nice especially for the winter months coming up, not only for the hydration benefits but also because I can imaging using this and curling up by the fire to read a book for a few minutes before bed to relax and unwind.  It also seems like Origins is hopping on the "cannabis train" since this seems to be a prevailing skincare trend right now.

Can't wait to try this, seems perfect for fall and winter with all the cold dry air!

I can't wait to try this mask. I have used several of Origins current masks and love that they are now introducing one to calm skin. Every Christmas I also make sure to buy one of Origins' mask sets.

As soon as I saw this thread, I checked my UPS calendar. Nothing! And I was sad. ๐Ÿ˜ข

But today's mail contained a nice little surprise goodie sent via secret stealth mode! ๐Ÿ˜ Yay!!Yay!!

Thanks so much to @SephoraBICUnidentified and @OriginsbeautyUnidentified for sending me a sample of their newest product! Im so grateful to have been considered for this opportunity ๐Ÿ˜Š

Full ingredient listFull ingredient list

However, there is some bad news. There are quite a few essential oils in here, and they are high in the ingredients list. Some, like the calendula, are indeed soothing and calming, but many, or even most, like the lavender and bergamot, are better suited to fragrance items, not skincare. They can be sensitizing, and even if they don't bother you now, they can cause irritation and damage over time, very similar to the effects of alcohol in skincare. There will be plenty of folks that have a negative reaction to this mask, instead of a calming one, based on the high volume of potential irritants it includes. 

I absolutely 100% applaud the use of cannabis and would love to see it continue to make traction in mainstream products. However, I'd rather see it done with perhaps a bit more thought as to the rest of the formula. I'm torn about trying it myself; I'm sure at least half of my skincare would fall into the "probably not so great for my skin after all" category once I started checking ingredients, and I'm fortunate that my skin doesn't seem to be sensitive to anything, really. It's certainly not something I've been all that worried about in the past, but I am trying to be better educated about any new products I bring in. As someone who foolishly spent 20+ years using an alcohol toner religiously simply because I didn't know any better, well, perhaps my reaction to the ingredients list is a bit of overkill in the opposite direction, but I'm not sure this is a mask for me. I am sure it will have plenty of folks that love it, but I'm also pretty sure there will be plenty that it doesn't work out for, based on the seemingly high concentration of essential oils. 

I absolutely HATE posting negative thoughts about a kind and generous gift, by the way. But I'd rather give my real thoughts than just gloss it over with something inane and basic like "great, thanks!". I feel like BIC is one of the last places where real thoughts and input about products are valued, so I hope my views are taken as constructive criticism and not just disgruntled whining.

And if you get this mask and love it, I certainly won't judge. I mean...I used alcohol for years...I can't really be all high and mighty now, can I? ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Thank you for such a detailed and informative review @RGbrown! I'm so happy you posted the ingredients, as someone with sensitive skin I always need to go over that. There is definitely a lot of possible irritants in this (for my skin), and I would need to patch test this on my body before trying it on my face. I agree that BIC is one of the only places I still trust reviews from. It's really a relief that it exists 

Thnks so much for this review @RGbrown. As someone with fairly sensitive skin that alway appreciates both hydration and soothing, I was excited to see this mask. However, I do have to be careful about ingredients and sadly this looks like it might be something that could be problematic. I may hope to luck into a sample foil and do a patch test but definitely wonโ€™t just rush into it blindly.

Thanks for highlighting the major ingredients @RGbrown. I am not sure if Iโ€™ve used skincare with bergamot before!

@RGbrown Thanks so much for the honest review and for posting the ingredients! I love me a bit of essential oils in my skincare, but holy those are high up especially given the sheer quantity of ingredients below it. Makes me think the concentration must be quite high? 

@RGbrown

Thanks for such a thorough review!! I really appreciate the heads up on certain ingredients, especially lavender!! I've had allergic reaction before and do not want to go through that again!!๐Ÿ˜– I thank you for being so candid because that's what we're here for, support and honesty!!๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ’“

Thanks for the review @RGbrown! Me and lavender typically don't play well together. ๐Ÿ˜ž

Thanks for the heads up!

@RGbrown, there is a difference in negative reviews; some reflect overzealous personal opinions while others offer a grounded debate so the potential buyer can beware. What you shared here is info that is genuinely helpful; I donโ€™t see you trying to sway opinions but offering knowledge that helps others make better decisions for themselves. Thank you๐Ÿ˜‰

@RGbrown Excited that you got to try this out and really appreciate your honest assessment of the product.  Whether something is received in gratis or not it's really important to share your thoughts about it and you did a great job of outlining some key important factors.  Thanks so much!

13 Replies
testing