cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Feedback Wanted: Origins New Mask!

HelloCalm Mask.jpeg

Sephora and Origins have partnered to give select Community members an exciting sneak peek at a brand new mask from Origins.

Origins has created Hello Calm, a relaxing and hydrating face mask with cannabis sativa seed oil and we would love to hear your feedback. 

Here are more details about this mask:

* Key benefits: It helps treat skin concerns such as dryness & visible irritation by instantly hydrating & soothe skin. And the essential oil blend helps to de-stress your senses, so you feel & look relaxed & refreshed.

* Key ingredients: Infused with natural, non-intoxicating Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil from Hemp.

* Usage: Apply generously to clean skin. Relax for 10 minutes. Tissue off. Massage in excess. Great before bedtime!

Once you learn more about the Hello Calm mask share your opinions and tell us about what you do to unwind and relax!

**EDIT**

Thank you all so much for your feedback! This mask is officially available so if you're interested in sharing your review or learning more about the product please head here: https://www.sephora.com/product/hello-calm-relaxing-hydrating-face-mask-with-cannabis-sativa-seed-oi...

Re: Feedback Wanted: Origins New Mask!

Thank you for posting about the ingredients and your thoughts!  I'm excited to see that it includes licorice root extract.  That always works well in calming my skin, so hopefully that balances out the essential oils for some folks. @RGbrown

I love how you are always real and genuine, no matter what! 🙂 I definitely know I can trust your reviews! Thanks for the info!!! @RGbrown

@RGbrown

Bergamot is quite odd to be included in a skincare item. I suppose its to add to the "calming" experience. I cannot stand Bergamot in any way, shape or form - it induces migraines for me. So right off the bat I know this won't be one I try. Thank you for your review.

@GG84 Sensitive to bergamot? Yikes, yes, definitely stay away! (and oh no...I love bergamot 😛 )

This one is certainly heavily fragranced; I find the scent to be overwhelming for a mask, but I think it would be a lovely home fragrance. @Originsbeauty, if you made this scent into one of your candles, I would be all over it! 😄

Now I'm wondering how well this would melt down and mix into some unscented wax hahahaha

Feedback Wanted: Origins New Mask!

Would love to try this mask! I've never tried anything of origins and would like to expand on my skincare regimens😍🙏

RE: Feedback Wanted: Origins New Mask!

Oh Lord! This looks like what I have been looking for! I would love to try it and see how it feels!

RE: Feedback Wanted: Origins New Mask!

I’m in! Would love to try it, I love origins

This would have been perfect to try. I am so curious to see if this mask would calm down redness 🤔

@Katherinelynne  For what it's worth, after the initial irritation my skin is not red now.  I usually have some redness due to dry skin and other factors.  I have found that, for me, products that use a lot of natural ingredients like this one does (minus the pine extract,) usually help my skin a lot.

FINAL VERDICT:  I checked my skin before I went to bed.  My cheeks had rough red bumps on it, meaning my skin was very irritated and dry. 😞  If you have sensitive skin, proceed with caution.  If you have oily skin, I think you'll really like this mask.

EDIT:  It's been a couple of hours, and my skin looks glowy and hydrated!

@SephoraBIC  High!  Great choice of word for a greeting for a mask that contains cannabis sativa seed oil, right? 🙂Enter

Thank you Sephora and Origins for choosing me to sample the new Hello, Calm Relaxing and Hydrating Face Mask with Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil.  I tried to go to the site recommended on the insert, sephora.me/calm, but I was told it was an unsafe site.  Once I arrived at the site, it was "under construction" and had a banner written in Spanish at the top.

So, I thought I'd leave my review here.  WARNING:  For anyone avoiding gluten, this contains wheat germ extract.

I have to ask:  Do the gummies also contain cannabis to stay with the theme?  I ate all three of them and I just want to know if I should make my bed in case I get sleepy quickly. :)I have to ask: Do the gummies also contain cannabis to stay with the theme? I ate all three of them and I just want to know if I should make my bed in case I get sleepy quickly. 🙂

All joking aside, I was thrilled to be able sample this mask.  The mask is green, and felt  very cooling and energizing when I applied it. 

The scent is definitely herbal; I could tell right away that there was a good bit of lavender in it, but that's not the only essential oil present.  Lemongrass, patchouli, west Indian rosewood bark, roman chamomile, clary sage, bergamot, Mediterranean cypress, nutmeg, and vetiver, among other oils, make their appearance.

The directions state to apply generously to clean skin, relax for ten minutes, tissue off, and massage in the excess.

While I was wearing the mask, my skin felt as though the mask might be deep cleaning my skin!  It was a pleasant sensation.  The scent is medium-strong, but not too much for me to withstand temporarily.

I tissued off the mask, and as I did I noticed my skin was red on my cheeks and forehead.  I decided to rinse off the mask.  As I did, I could feel the familiar slip of dimethicone when water hits it and you try to clean it off of your face.  Dimethicone is one of the ingredients also.

My skin definitely looked irritated, so I washed the remainder of the mask off with my cleanser.  

I definitely feel like my skin got a good detox, and it does feel moisturized.  I believe my reaction was due to the fact that I am allergic to pine and fir trees and pollen, or possibly I was reacting to the large number of essential oils in the product (although I am no stranger to products containing essential oils, so maybe it is the pine.)

If you're not allergic to any of the components, I think this would make a very enjoyable mask.  

Thank you once more for choosing me to test the mask!

We really appreciate you trying out our latest mask and we are sorry to hear that you may have had an allergic reaction. In such circumstances we always suggest consulting with your doctor before continuing use.

Congratulations @Ispend2much6. That’s cool that you can just wipe it off! 

@PrettyPaint  Thank you!

Thanks for your thoughts @Ispend2much6! Sorry about the reaction. 😞

@veronika23  Thank you for reading. 😉

@Ispend2much6  I know it looks better now but still sucks that your skin looked irritated and red at first. 😉

@veronika23  It was my own fault for being too excited to read the ingredients thoroughly.

@Ispend2much6, how would you describe the slip of dimethcone? 

@eshoe  To me, when I am trying to clean my skin at the end of a day when I've worn a primer and/or foundation with dimethicone or a similar chemical, my skin feels like there's an extra layer of sliminess that takes extra work to remove.  The mask was easier to remove than that, because it doesn't contain as much many "-cones" as my foundations might.  But I did some extra rubbing and rinsing to make sure I cleaned adequately.

I know that a lot of skincare items contain dimethicone because one of its functions is to protect the skin's barrier from losing moisture.  For me, I find it clogs my pores so I don't like it and avoid it when I can.  

Wow, thank you for the explanation, @Ispend2much6. I did not know that about dimethicones. My skin is so dry, I rarely break out anymore-so good to learn this, as it sounds like something I would prefer to have in my products. Thanks again!

@eshoe  You're welcome!  A lot of hand lotions contain dimethicone for this reason also.  Now that I can get behind!

27 Replies
testing