Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Ulta GWPs

This thread will be for Ulta GWPs only.  Share ulta promos here.  

Please do NOT post requests for the spreadsheet in this thread.  Please post requests for the Ulta GWP google spread sheet in this thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Ulta-GWP-Google-Spreadsheet-Request-Thread/m-p/2753063#M11...

A list of in store coupons is here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Savvy-Shoppers/Ulta-GWP-Coupons-no-chatter/td-p/3866521

Let's keep this thread on topic!

Ulta points refresher (because yes, it is that complicated):

Spoiler

Item #1 - $53.50

Item #3 - $108.50 (and is eligible for a certain item/brand 5x multiplier)

* There is also a 5x all purchase multiplier and you are platinum so you get 1.25x

Total Spent - $162

Base Points Earned - 162

Platinum .25x Earned - 41 (162 * .25 = 40.5, and rounding up)

5x All Purchases Earned - 648 (it ends up being 4x because you don't count the base points)

5x Item/Brand Earned - 434

Total Points Earned - 1285

Links are not allowed.  In lieu of links, please read this:

Spoiler

Please add product id numbers and sku numbers so people can find items on ulta.  

Just to clarify, there is an item number that Ulta lists on the website, right under the picture of the item.

The product id is the number given to the item in the URL.  So Ulta's site follows this formula of having the url and then the very last part of the url is "productId=xlsImpprod" followed by an 8 digit number.  If you use that "productId" number you can get to the page of any item on ulta. 

It's not a search, but the direct url to the page. 

Click on any product, and then view the url in the address bar.  It will look like this: ulta's website (not using the actual domain because BT admins don't like that) /prep-prime-fix?productId=xlsImpprod15921204  Replace the 8 digit product id of the item you want to see with the id of the product you're looking for.

My very unofficial Ulta point multiplier to approximate percent discount chart:

(This is a number where I use the multiplier to divide by 2000 to see how many dollars I would have to spend in order to redeem a $125 reward.  E.g. 2000 points divided by 1 point multiplier means I have to spend $2000 to get the $125 reward.  Adding how much I had to spend ($2000) + the reward ($125), and then using the reward ($125) to divide the total purchase ($2125), I get a discount of approximately 6% based on the total purchase.  Note: the total purchase is based on the concept that you are spending just enough to reach the next $125 reward and combines the reward value with how much money you had to spend to get that reward.

Spoiler
Multiplier11.251.522.252.533.253.544.254.557.257.588.258.599.259.51010.2510.5
Spend2000160013331000889800667615571500471444400276267250242235222216211200195190
Points200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000
Redeem125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125
Total Purchase21251725145811251014925792740696625596569525401392375367360347341336325320315
Discount6%7%9%11%12%14%16%17%18%20%21%22%24%31%32%33%34%35%36%37%37%38%39%40%

I'm dating myself, but I had Pacman everything in kinderg...

I'm dating myself, but I had Pacman everything in kindergarten because I was obsessed, so totally digging that packaging! Tarte, PUR, and Too Faced have collections on sale too. Double duty 30% off and Tutti Fruity is 40%off. I'd be tempted if they emailed new 20% off codes out.

Re: Ulta GWPs

Screen Shot 2019-06-22 at 9.07.39 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-06-22 at 9.08.06 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-06-22 at 9.08.06 AM.png

I didn't plan to use my 20% off coupon b/c I didn't feel like making the minimum spend threshold for shipping. BUT...considering all the freebies and the new free shipping with BareMinerals they offered a few days ago, I soon came around. Thanks ladies! ๐Ÿ™‚

@StTropezBarbie, that is an excellent purchase ๐Ÿ™‚

@StTropezBarbie, that is an excellent purchase ๐Ÿ™‚

Ulta GWPs

I had to share my $22 purchase from earlier...missed the lip thing but heck I have too many anyway! I thought I did pretty darn good! should have checked here 1st tho...missed out on some freebies but trying to get them now!

New gwp

Pimprod2007427

Screenshot_20190622-000332.png

Screenshot_20190622-000413.png

I wish they'd offer a mineral sunscreen set/more options....

I wish they'd offer a mineral sunscreen set/more options. I don't know which chemical I'm sensitive too but they only sunscreens that don't seem to cause my skin to break out are the mineral ones. It seems like I've heard a lot of others and a few youtubers have a similar issue. Thankfully the bareminerals and Austrailian gold tinted mineral ones are both fabulous options. Wouldn't mind finding less expensive sunscreens though

@itscarin These 2 mineral sunscreens I have tried and lov...

@itscarin These 2 mineral sunscreens I have tried and loved. I can wear either on no makeup days and I am happy with the tint . (I have fair to light skin with neutral undertones and combination skin/oily t zone) I wear the bareminerals complexion rescue under the bm original powder or It Cosmetics. The Australian gold seems to work well under foundation as well, I wear Tarte and It Cosmetics and haven't had wear time issues. I haven't noticed any issues removing with either of them, but I often use a wipe before cleansing. The Australian is on sale B1G1 50off and sells $14.xx for 3oz. The BM one is quite a bit more for $32 for 1oz. @yuline those suggestions look pretty good.

RE: I wish they'd offer a mineral sunscreen set/more options....

@alexalicious gosh I feel like the inverse is true for me. I recently switched to mineral and Iโ€™ve been breaking out like crazy. I have been using the supergoop mineral one and I think it has silicone in it because it glides on my skin like silk. I just tried to remove it with dr brand microdermabrasion and it turned into a congealed mess on my face so I had to go back in with bioderma and the bliss face wash to remove it. The most glaring change Iโ€™ve noticed in my skin since using it is that I have way more black heads now. I see all these little blackheads sticking out around my nose and under my eyes. I think itโ€™s sunscreen build up. I tried the juice beauty mineral sunscreen for the beach once and the hubs and I both felt there was too much friction trying to apply it. What mineral sunscreens have you enjoyed?!

Re: RE: I wish they'd offer a mineral sunscreen set/more options....

@itscarin I like the Austrailian gold tinted face mineral SPF50, and the Shiseido sensitive skin/baby version (white cast, I dont mind). I also like Avene suncreens, just a bit hard to find in ths US.

I do use double cleanse everytime to take them off.

I always remove sunscreen with a double cleanse. Oil cleanser first and then a foaming one or the same thing happens to me. CVS just started carrying the Banila Clean It Zero balm ones, they'll take anything off thoroughly. 

Double cleansing is a great suggestion for mineral sunscreen to reduce breakouts!!!  Still looking for my HG mineral sunscreen after trying a lot of products! I have combination dry/oily skin.  I don't break out as much now that I'm older (still blackhead prone if not careful though, that will never go away) but a lot of the mainstream mineral sunscreen brands break me out.  Currently alternating using Clinique mineral spf 50 that I get from Ulta, on my 3rd bottle already (it's weird, I CANNOT use the clinique mineral spf 30 version, doesn't work for my skin at all and seems like a different formulation but the formulation for spf 50 works well enough for me) which is better for dry/combo skin or winter but I just powder if I'm too oily for summer or just walk around with an oilier face but it does NOT break me out). 

Also trying out a new indie brand Sundaze C-Shells SPF 30 Daily Sunscreen (I ordered mine off Urban Outfitters after checking out Sundaze instagram):

C-Shells by Sundaze is a daily sunscreen spf 30 with both broad spectrum protection + antioxidant-rich ingredients โ€“ 18.9% non-nano zinc oxide protects against UVA + UVB rays and vitamin C brightens the appearance of exposed skin. Serum-like texture finishes with minimal white cast and no greasiness.

Features
- Lightweight facial sunscreen serum
- Infused with vitamin C (in the form of Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate)
- Infused with rose hips oil + green tea + licorice
- Safe for all skin types
- No parabens, synthetic fragrances, silicones, phthalates, sulfates, formaldehydes, PEGs

Content + Care
- Ingredients: Zinc Oxide (18.9%), Water (Aqua), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Octyldodecyl,. Neopentanoate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Isostearic Acid, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Lecithin, Coco-Glucoside, Butyrospermum, Parkii (Shea) Butter, Caprylyl/Capryl Glucoside, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Cetearyl Glucoside, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Allantoin, Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate, Sodium Phytate, Polygonum Aviculare Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Citric Acid, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sclerotium Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Xanthan Gum, Tocopherol
- Made in the USA

I like the Sundaze C shells.  Leaning towards repurchasing. The spf is really working/effective and easy to blend etc.  I need to test it out further for the final verdict.

I also discovered a you tuber's Hannah Louise Poston's recommendation of a product by Erinโ€™s Faces BUT I HAVE NOT TRIED IT YET BECAUSE I'M SUPERSTOCKED on mineral sunscreen but it's what I have my eye on next: 

Think Dirty rating of 1!

Ideal for all skin types, this broad spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen is lightweight, not at all greasy, anti-aging and chemical-free.  Click HERE to learn why chemical sunscreens are not awesome.  

Titanium Dioxide and Non-Nano Zinc are the physical sunscreens and Matrixyl 3000 as the anti-ager (a majorly proven peptide - read about it here) which improves sun damaged skin, builds collagen and addresses fine lines - it's amazing!    

While most sunscreens with Zinc are thick and leave a white cast as long as you rub this one in well it will dry clear*.  The video above shares a key application tip.

Made with a base of Aloe Leaf Juice and Gel for the most in hydration, other key ingredients include Cucumber(reduces hyper-pigmentation), Blue Passion Flower (anti-inflammatory), Avocado and Grapeseed Oils (hydrating but non pore-clogging) and Vitamin E (antioxidant).  

Vegan.

Appropriate for ages 6 months and up for face and body.

Apply as last step of skincare daily.  Reapply every two hours when outdoors and active.  

No Retinyl Palmitate/Vitamin A, Parabens, Fragrance or Petrochemicals.

Keep in a cool location - if your bathroom has no air conditioning/ventilation it is recommended to keep this product in the refrigerator.

Avail in 4 oz. or 2 oz with disc cap. 

Made in the USA.

I'm constantly searching Ulta's website to see if they're ever going to carry mineral sunscreens from lesser known brands that have a growing following.  Mineral sunscreen is so hard to formulate to one's liking so I guess compromises need to be made but I'm forever trying out new ones hoping to find my HG...๐Ÿค”

...and the three freebies count towards the gwp, so you only have to spend $30...

Dang Ulta, I've so missed these fun glitches. Reminds me of the good old days ๐Ÿ˜

They've fixed it so the freebies are no longer counting toward the GWP ๐Ÿ˜ž

I was wondering if I was doing it wrong. Aarrgg! I came back here to check. ๐Ÿ˜’

Spoiler
Thanks for this tidbit of info! I couldn't resist

Dang Ulta's always reminding us to wear sunscreen lately lol

In-store coupons for the Badescu and PTR. Has anyone seen the q for the Estee Lauder yet?

Screenshot_20190621-164807.png

Screenshot_20190621-164750.png

Penny packet gets you the mystery sample set ๐Ÿ˜Screenshot_20190621-154638.png

That pushed me ๐Ÿ˜Š Thanks for posting. Still upset I misse...

That pushed me ๐Ÿ˜Š Thanks for posting. Still upset I missed the lippie sampler though!

Re: That pushed me ๐Ÿ˜Š Thanks for posting. Still upset I misse...

@Luvstravel 

Yay! I love all the fun small carts today! 

Okie dokie, no longer bummed I missed out on the lippies because I was able to get the glitch GWPs and more for about $10 after coupon and a $13.50 gift card! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Thanks to all the ladies who shared the glitches and kept my addiction going hehehe... 

Screenshot_20190621-130008.png

Screenshot_20190621-130017.png

Screenshot_20190621-130024.png

testing