Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Makeup Madness Challenge 2022: CHAMPION REVEALED - Check out the winner and Community Favorite makeup products!

TeamBIC_0-1646413463247.png

March has made its way to us, and to celebrate, we’re breaking out the beauty brackets for our second annual Makeup Madness Challenge in the BIC! For the next few weeks, eight popular makeup categories will go head-to-head in a showdown to snag the title of 2022 Community Champion makeup category. It’s up to YOU to vote on the winner … and share some tried-and-true beauty recs along the way (because why not?!). 😉

We kicked off round 1 with a matchup that sparked serious passion last year: lipstick vs. mascara. 🔥 Mascara ended up taking the crown in 2021, but who knows what will happen this year… especially since we’ll be adding new makeup categories to the mix in future rounds. 😏 Stay tuned!

GeorginaBT_0-1650645631867.png

TO VOTE, hit the reply button below and tag a product you love that represents the category you’re voting for. For example, the lovely lipstick lover @WinglessOne might reply with “Lipstick! PAT McGRATH LABS MatteTrance™ Lipstick” 🥰💄

Let the games begin! Each new round of voting starts Fridays, and ends the following Thursday at 2pm PT:

• ROUND 1 (3/4 – 3/10): Lipstick vs. Mascara (👑)
  • ROUND 2 (3/11 – 3/17): Primer vs Setting Powder (👑)
  • ROUND 3 (3/18 – 3/24): Concealer vs. Foundation (👑)
  • ROUND 4 (3/25 – 3/31): Contour vs. Highlighter (👑
  • ROUND 5 (4/1 – 4/7): Lipstick (👑) vs. Setting Powder 
  • ROUND 6 (4/8 – 4/14): Foundation (👑) vs. Highlighter 
  • FINAL ROUND (4/15 – 4/21): Lipstick (👑) vs. Foundation
  • CHAMPION REVEALED (4/22): 👑 Lipstick 👑

Click the “Reply” button below and vote for your favorite product (lipstick or foundation!), use the “#” sign to tag a specific one you love, then check back for the results and the next round of voting!

UPDATE 4/22/21: Thank you to everyone who participated in Makeup Madness 2022! This year's champion is 💄lipstick💋 - no pouting for our fellow lip lovers! Here were Community members' top-tagged lipsticks from your votes throughout the challenge:

1. PAT McGRATH LABS MatteTrance™ Lipstick 
  2. Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Hydrating Lipstick 
  3. MERIT Signature Lip Lightweight Satin Lipstick 
  4. GXVE BY GWEN STEFANI I’m Still Here Longwear Clean Matte Liquid Lipstick Original Recipe 
  5. TOM FORD Lip Color Lipstick 

We're also showing love to the most-tagged products in all the Makeup Madness categories this year - check them out here:

Re: Makeup Madness Challenge 2022: Tag your Favorite Category – Lipstick vs. Foundation

As much as I like foundation for those days when you kinda look like the walking dead I have to go with lipstick. It can be used in so many ways (lips, cheeks, and eyes) that foundation just can't do. Dior Dior Addict Refillable Shine Lipstick 718 Bandana GXVE BY GWEN STEFANI Anaheim Shine Clean High-Performance Satin Lipstick Original Recipe TOM FORD Lip Color Lipstick Scarlet Rouge PAT McGRATH LABS MatteTrance™ Lipstick Omi 107 PAT McGRATH LABS BlitzTrance™ Lipstick Flesh 3 MAKEUP BY MARIO Ultra Suede® Lipstick Nikki 

Re: Makeup Madness Challenge 2022: Tag your Favorite Category – Lipstick vs. Foundation

Oh I think I forgot to vote last week but I would vote for foundation over highlighter. However in the final round, lipstick would get my vote. I will wear some sheer lipstick without any foundation.

TOM FORD Lip Color Lipstick N4 Neutral Party 

Gucci Velvet Matte Lipstick 208 They Met in Argentina 

GXVE BY GWEN STEFANI Original Me Clean High-Performance Matte Lipstick Original Recipe 

Ugh lipstick is obviously winning lol. I suppose congratulations are in order, though I’m still team mascara alllll the way 💁🏻‍♀️

I’ve been loving the Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Hydrating Lipstick in a combo of Pillow Talk and Walk of No Shame 💄 

I think at this point, lipstick has it, so I'm not really forced to choose between "my kids"

I'm just tagging favorites for each 🤣

Smashbox Always On Longwear Matte Liquid Lipstick Girl Gang 

NARS Powermatte Lip Pigment 

NARS Velvet Matte Lipstick Pencil Cruella 

Natasha Denona I Need A Nude Lipstick Naya 

Natasha Denona I Need A Nude Lipstick Nati 

Lancôme SKIN FEELS GOOD Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 23 05N Radiant Tan 

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Mini Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Foundation 

Charlotte Tilbury Beautiful Skin Medium Coverage Liquid Foundation with Hyaluronic Acid 10 Neutral 

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Eaze Drop Blurring Skin Tint 12 

Dior BACKSTAGE Face & Body Foundation 5 Neutral 

Lipstick is life! 💄❤️ Strong vote for lips. Lippie party here, too many favorites! Solid choices of blue reds and deep reds in heavy rotation:

TOM FORD Satin Matte Lip Color Velvet Cherry- Most Wanted Lip Color Satin Matte 

Gucci Long Lasting Satin Lipstick 502 Eadie Scarlet 

PAT McGRATH LABS MatteTrance™ Lipstick Elson 013 

Westman Atelier Lip Suede Lipstick Palette 

GXVE BY GWEN STEFANI Anaheim Shine Clean High-Performance Satin Lipstick Original Recipe - thanks again @TeamBIC ! 😘

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Fenty Icon The Fill Semi-Matte Refillable Lipstick The MVP 

Kosas Weightless Lip Color Lipstick Darkroom 

#Givenchy Le Rouge Satin Matte Lipstick 334 Grenet Volontaire

4D31BADB-8B1E-4EF9-8077-901234034D06.jpeg

@Sunnysmom ,

This is such an outstanding photo!

Aww you’re too kind @tsavorite ! 😘

@Sunnysmom such a pretty picture! Ugh how do you choose just one?? 😍

Thanks @niki172 ! Rotate babee right?! 😭🥰

@Sunnysmom Oh my those are all gorgeous!! And this should be in the photography challenge thread 😄

@Samtian @Sunnysmom I agree!  It looks like a bouquet of red lipsticks, which to me is better than a bouquet of red rose. 🙂

Best kind I agree @Ispend2much6 ! (And second best maybe- chocolate used as bowl stuffer below them! 🤓)

@Ispend2much6 Haha I agree!

Thank you @Samtian . 💞 Oh man no I truly don’t know what I’m doing! 😭 I will def read the thread tho! 😊

@Sunnysmom It's all just for fun, but would love to see you there!

This pic is to die for, omg @Sunnysmom !! 💕💗💕 I would love to know which case did you buy for your guerlain rouge g lippie....I have this one on mine GUERLAIN Rouge G Refillable Lipstick Case Rosy Nude 

@Skunk12puzzola  That's such a beautiful case!

Thanks a lot @Ispend2much6 ! I love pink and grey/silver together 🥰....also, that's a pretty case too @Sunnysmom !

Thank you sweet @Skunk12puzzola . 🥰  I chose this red tweed case. Love your pink! 

GUERLAIN Rouge G Refillable Lipstick Case Tweed 

Lipstick, although I'm more into tinted balms or glosses.  I like CLINIQUE Clinique Pop™ Lip Colour + Primer Lipstick 1 Nude Pop because it's more sheer and moisturizing than most lipsticks.

@IciclePop, love a good tinted balm or gloss! 😀 I've seen a few folks mention that Clinique lipstick; will have to put that on my list - I like that it's moisturizing.

testing