Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Makeup Madness Challenge 2022: CHAMPION REVEALED - Check out the winner and Community Favorite makeup products!

TeamBIC_0-1646413463247.png

March has made its way to us, and to celebrate, weโ€™re breaking out the beauty brackets for our second annual Makeup Madness Challenge in the BIC! For the next few weeks, eight popular makeup categories will go head-to-head in a showdown to snag the title of 2022 Community Champion makeup category. Itโ€™s up to YOU to vote on the winner โ€ฆ and share some tried-and-true beauty recs along the way (because why not?!). ๐Ÿ˜‰

We kicked off round 1 with a matchup that sparked serious passion last year: lipstick vs. mascara. ๐Ÿ”ฅ Mascara ended up taking the crown in 2021, but who knows what will happen this yearโ€ฆ especially since weโ€™ll be adding new makeup categories to the mix in future rounds. ๐Ÿ˜ Stay tuned!

GeorginaBT_0-1650645631867.png

TO VOTE, hit the reply button below and tag a product you love that represents the category youโ€™re voting for. For example, the lovely lipstick lover @WinglessOne might reply with โ€œLipstick! PAT McGRATH LABS MatteTranceโ„ข Lipstickโ€ ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿ’„

Let the games begin! Each new round of voting starts Fridays, and ends the following Thursday at 2pm PT:

• ROUND 1 (3/4 โ€“ 3/10): Lipstick vs. Mascara (๐Ÿ‘‘)
  • ROUND 2 (3/11 โ€“ 3/17): Primer vs Setting Powder (๐Ÿ‘‘)
  • ROUND 3 (3/18 โ€“ 3/24): Concealer vs. Foundation (๐Ÿ‘‘)
  • ROUND 4 (3/25 โ€“ 3/31): Contour vs. Highlighter (๐Ÿ‘‘
  • ROUND 5 (4/1 โ€“ 4/7): Lipstick (๐Ÿ‘‘) vs. Setting Powder 
  • ROUND 6 (4/8 โ€“ 4/14): Foundation (๐Ÿ‘‘) vs. Highlighter 
  • FINAL ROUND (4/15 โ€“ 4/21): Lipstick (๐Ÿ‘‘) vs. Foundation
  • CHAMPION REVEALED (4/22): ๐Ÿ‘‘ Lipstick ๐Ÿ‘‘

Click the โ€œReplyโ€ button below and vote for your favorite product (lipstick or foundation!), use the โ€œ#โ€ sign to tag a specific one you love, then check back for the results and the next round of voting!

UPDATE 4/22/21: Thank you to everyone who participated in Makeup Madness 2022! This year's champion is ๐Ÿ’„lipstick๐Ÿ’‹ - no pouting for our fellow lip lovers! Here were Community members' top-tagged lipsticks from your votes throughout the challenge:

1. PAT McGRATH LABS MatteTranceโ„ข Lipstick 
  2. Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Hydrating Lipstick 
  3. MERIT Signature Lip Lightweight Satin Lipstick 
  4. GXVE BY GWEN STEFANI Iโ€™m Still Here Longwear Clean Matte Liquid Lipstick Original Recipe 
  5. TOM FORD Lip Color Lipstick 

We're also showing love to the most-tagged products in all the Makeup Madness categories this year - check them out here:

Re: Makeup Madness Challenge 2022: Tag your Favorite Category โ€“ Lipstick vs. Mascara

This is so much fun @TeamBIC !! For me is clearly LIPSTICK ๐Ÿ’„ and always a red one like SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Liquid Lip Mousse ROSE 

Re: Makeup Madness Challenge 2022: Tag your Favorite Category โ€“ Lipstick vs. Mascara

Mascara! My favorite is ILIA Limitless Lash Lengthening Clean Mascara After Midnight โค๏ธ

I gotta say mascara! I love the Too Faced Better Than Sex Volumizing Mascara Limited Edition 20 Yrs Packaging Black - 0.27 oz/ 8 mL makes me feel like a boss 

Lipstick - alwaysGivenchy Le Rouge Deep Velvet Matte Lipstick 42 Violet Velours  (but it's Rose Boise that I've been enjoying!)   @TeamBIC. Fun Poll !

Love love these @MvLL . 39 Rouge Grenat is my jam! 
Givenchy Le Rouge Sheer Velvet Matte Lipstick 39 Rouge Grenat 

@MvLL Ooo nice pick! Iโ€™ve been wanting to add Rose Boise to my collectionโœจ 

@Guessgal. it might be a Ltd.Edition shade? Looks like the Sheer Velvets are being promoted now. But I'd say there are near-dupes even within Giv's le Rouge variations.

@TeamBIC yaaaaaaay!!! Love this challenge!! I'm going with Charlotte Tilbury Hyaluronic Happikiss Lipstick Balm 

@lmaster I keep hoping they expand the shade range with these.  So comfortable to wear!

I know!!! @missjeanie I love these so much

Definitely lipstick I'm loving HUDA BEAUTY Lip Contour Set 

@TeamBIC Ahhh I love both.  I will choose lipstick since I can wear false lashes. MAC Cosmetics Matte Lipstick Velvet Teddy Charlotte Tilbury K.I.S.S.I.N.G Lipstick - Look of Love Collection Nude Romance 

@TeamBIC Oh I remember this challenge!! Mascara is such a staple, but how can I live life without colour, am I right?!? ๐Ÿ˜‰ I vote lip stains all the way! Iโ€™ve been obsessed with them lately and added Yves Saint Laurent Water Stain Lip Stain 612 Rouge Deluge to my collection. Tagging my lip stain buddy for more recos @Sunnysmom ๐Ÿ˜˜

I love this one too @Guessgal thanks for the tag! ๐Ÿฅฐ While I love mascara and need it itโ€™s def lippies all the way! Yes to any number of fav lipsticks but yes to all the stains too. I love their translucence or under a lipstick. You gave me a fun little project to dig some out and toss some, look at others, so thank you! Tho Iโ€™m sad to toss truly old ones and also remember happily my old Vincent Longo ones. (Anyone remember those?! )

Here are some of my fav stains. ( Horrified to admit a few more exist ๐Ÿ˜ณ.) Lipstick would again be like picking a fav child, noooo!  I took some liberties for actual stains vs lips but they still count right. Lol ๐Ÿ’‹ @TeamBIC 

RdF, VBB Cherie, Chanel Ink and below will always be my true loves for stains along with these: 

A few favorite classic true stains would be Benefit Cosmetics Benetint Rose Lip & Cheek Tint 6ml 0.2 oz/ 6 mL 

Dior Rouge Dior Forever Liquid Transfer-Proof Lipstick 959 Forever Bold 

Yves Saint Laurent Tatouage Couture Liquid Matte Lip Stain 8 Black Red Code 

and Iโ€™ll always love Bite Beauty Outburst Longwear Lip Stain Sangria Slush tons. 

1038DBA5-F8D0-48E1-83B4-29F6BB9D7EED.jpeg

Do I see a miniature Wine Bottle amongst these gorg. Red l.s?, @Sunnysmom. Such funny packaging! Reminds me of when Moira pulled a big vodka btl. from her Celine tote for the JazzaGals.

Haha yes @MvLL ! They are really good tho!  Lol oh man I LOVE Moira!! The best. I love to annoy the hubs and pretend to speak like her! 

@Sunnysmom cutest collection ๐Ÿ’— also, that make up bag ๐Ÿคฉ

Aww thanks @Skunk12puzzola ! Imagine yours is so good too! ๐Ÿฅฐ Isnโ€™t it so cute?! A gift from a dear friend! ๐Ÿ’ž

@Sunnysmom Yes, but mine are all nudes and mauves ๐Ÿ’„ hate red shades on me....

Thatโ€™s perfect @Skunk12puzzola ! We all have shades that work best eh! ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜˜

@Sunnysmom Oh I love seeing your lippies, they always bring me such delight ๐Ÿ˜  I must take some photos of mine too for fun, maybe this weekend or next! I have one of the Labiotte lippies too! I remember them being so trendy with their cute little bottles hehe.

@MvLL Sameeee. I managed to get Orange Fizz, but Sangria Slush kept evading me and going out of stock. I'm confused why Bite's discontinuing it though; it looks like it has great reviews - another goodie gone too soon!

13 Replies
testing