Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Makeup Madness Challenge 2022: CHAMPION REVEALED - Check out the winner and Community Favorite makeup products!

TeamBIC_0-1646413463247.png

March has made its way to us, and to celebrate, we’re breaking out the beauty brackets for our second annual Makeup Madness Challenge in the BIC! For the next few weeks, eight popular makeup categories will go head-to-head in a showdown to snag the title of 2022 Community Champion makeup category. It’s up to YOU to vote on the winner … and share some tried-and-true beauty recs along the way (because why not?!). 😉

We kicked off round 1 with a matchup that sparked serious passion last year: lipstick vs. mascara. 🔥 Mascara ended up taking the crown in 2021, but who knows what will happen this year… especially since we’ll be adding new makeup categories to the mix in future rounds. 😏 Stay tuned!

GeorginaBT_0-1650645631867.png

TO VOTE, hit the reply button below and tag a product you love that represents the category you’re voting for. For example, the lovely lipstick lover @WinglessOne might reply with “Lipstick! PAT McGRATH LABS MatteTrance™ Lipstick” 🥰💄

Let the games begin! Each new round of voting starts Fridays, and ends the following Thursday at 2pm PT:

• ROUND 1 (3/4 – 3/10): Lipstick vs. Mascara (👑)
  • ROUND 2 (3/11 – 3/17): Primer vs Setting Powder (👑)
  • ROUND 3 (3/18 – 3/24): Concealer vs. Foundation (👑)
  • ROUND 4 (3/25 – 3/31): Contour vs. Highlighter (👑
  • ROUND 5 (4/1 – 4/7): Lipstick (👑) vs. Setting Powder 
  • ROUND 6 (4/8 – 4/14): Foundation (👑) vs. Highlighter 
  • FINAL ROUND (4/15 – 4/21): Lipstick (👑) vs. Foundation
  • CHAMPION REVEALED (4/22): 👑 Lipstick 👑

Click the “Reply” button below and vote for your favorite product (lipstick or foundation!), use the “#” sign to tag a specific one you love, then check back for the results and the next round of voting!

UPDATE 4/22/21: Thank you to everyone who participated in Makeup Madness 2022! This year's champion is 💄lipstick💋 - no pouting for our fellow lip lovers! Here were Community members' top-tagged lipsticks from your votes throughout the challenge:

1. PAT McGRATH LABS MatteTrance™ Lipstick 
  2. Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Hydrating Lipstick 
  3. MERIT Signature Lip Lightweight Satin Lipstick 
  4. GXVE BY GWEN STEFANI I’m Still Here Longwear Clean Matte Liquid Lipstick Original Recipe 
  5. TOM FORD Lip Color Lipstick 

We're also showing love to the most-tagged products in all the Makeup Madness categories this year - check them out here:

Re: Makeup Madness Challenge 2022: Tag your Favorite Category – Primer vs. Setting Powder

Sooo good imho @heartsmyface !

Re: Makeup Madness Challenge 2022: Tag your Favorite Category – Primer vs. Setting Powder

For me, primer makes my foundation application too dense, so setting powder it is.

Givenchy Prisme Libre Loose Setting and Finishing PowderVoile Rose if I want to glow.

Smashbox Halo Fresh Setting & Perfecting Powderin Fair to remove shine.

Setting Powder for me, @TeamBIC. ye olde T-Zone isn't gonna mattify itself. Plus, it is a Multi-tasking item. I define Setting Powder as a formula that can be worn alone to blur skincare-sheen, or over Concealers, +/- fndtn.   3 not in S: MAC Blot,

RCMA 'No Color Powder' & d/c'd BECCA Hydra-Mist - set-refresh.

As @Kim888. noted, the myriad of multi-tasking moisturizers* and var. powders makes it an easy choice. 

* Clarins 'Beauty Flash Balm' -so popular in the 90's.

Setting powder ! I can always use lotion for a base - Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder ! 

Are you kidding?! Lipstick won? Eyes are the windows to the soul people! 

I need to take a mental health day. This is too much 🙈

@Mcakes  

B550A9E1-E02B-4E03-B449-AC9E53004B06.jpeg

@heartsmyface @MvLL @Ispend2much6 @SportyGirly125 LIES!! This lipstick LIES!! It only draws attention to peach fuzz in the bright sunlight! 

@Mcakes LOL! You're really not wrong... 

giphy (21).gif

@Mcakes. Oh no never thought of it that way. I shall only wear clear gloss from now on especially since my peach fuzz is, sadly, umm...way darker than usual.

@Mcakes 😂😂😂😂😂😂 so hilarious!! And so true! But I voted for lipstick anyway! 😅😅😅

@heartsmyface   I've heard that, but....it's not lipstick that will keep me from looking hung over, from life, it's mascara.

@Ispend2much6   But lipstick draws the attention away from everything else!   
At the end of this challenge we should come up with a look using just what we voted for and see what kind of results we get 😆 

So far I have lipstick and setting powder.  

100% in agreement, @heartsmyface ! Lipstick can bring The Drama- if it's sufficiently pigmented & flatters one's hair & complexion. DvT has stated that one's skin must be v.clear or close to flawless to wear a dramatic lipcolor- but I don't agree. a bit of 'housekeeping' to blur imperfections, fix brows, then add a Bold Color! Spotlight on the Ethel Merman of your face! (or other bigname scene-stealer).

@MvLL   I think I take for granted that other quick grooming takes place with a no makeup and bold lip look. I think the same would apply to wearing just mascara and a gloss though.  Brushed brows set with a clear gel helps you look more put together even without a lipstick, and hydrated skin (even if it’s in a healing state)and a tinted primer make a world of difference in how put together a look is.  I don’t think skin has to be perfect but using a deeper shade than the areas you’re sensitive about does help draw attention away from the rest of your face in the same way black mascara draws the eye.  

@heartsmyface @Lipstick and primer for me. You should make a thread for it. 

@heartsmyface  I like that idea!  For that, so far I regret my choices. lol

@Ispend2much6   We’re really at the mercy of this makeup-off and what they ask us, but there’s a sliver of hope we can muster a whole look by the end😆 
If lipstick wins again on the next round I’m choosing a color I can multipurpose 😅

It was RAZOR's edge close, @Mcakes!  

@CarolBT Team Mascara needs to rally the troops when the false lashes category comes up! We still have a chance 🤪

@McakesI'm with you, to the end. 🙂

testing