Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Spring Savings Event 2022 Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in Your Basket?

2022-04-01-spring-savings-event-site-desktop-mobile-app-community-thread-image-questions-release.jpg

One of Sephora’s biggest beauty events of the year is just around the corner! What will you be stocking up on during the 2022 Spring Savings Event? This thread is the place to give or get unbiased product recommendations, ask for advice on what newness to try next, share basket-building inspiration, and of course, post your Spring Savings Event hauls! We do love a good unboxing moment here in Community. 😉 Whether you’re hunting for a hot makeup find, a skincare replen, a fresh new fragrance, the latest hair tool, or some self-care and wellness essentials (or all of the above!), we want to hear all about your Spring Savings Event shopping list!

As a reminder, if you’re Rouge like us, you can shop starting Friday, 4/1 with a 20% discount in-store or online with the code SAVESPRING. If you’re VIB, you get 15% off starting Tuesday, 4/5, and if you’re an Insider, you can get 10% off starting Thursday, 4/7. In addition, everyone will get 30% off Sephora Collection for the duration of the event, 4/1 through 4/11 – no additional code required. Find out more about the Spring Savings Event on our FAQ thread here: Spring Savings Event 2022 FAQs 

Hit the reply button and let us know below: What are you adding to your basket during the 2022 Spring Savings Event? Be sure to use the “#” sign to tag any products you mention!

Re: Spring Savings Event 2022 Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in Your Basket?

I’ve got a few things I’m excited to try this season!

Laneige is one of my favourite skincare brands so I’ve got to try their new products/new formula, which are the following:

LANEIGE Water Bank Blue Hyaluronic Gel Moisturizer 1.6 oz/ 50 mL 

LANEIGE Hydro UV Defense Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ 1.6 oz/ 50 mL 

LANEIGE Water Sleeping Mask with Squalane 2.3 oz/ 70 mL (new formula!)

Also want to buy a different shade of:

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminizer Fenty Glow 

Tags:

How is the Laniege sunscreen?? I’ve been needing a good one and not sure what to try. 

I just got the LANEIGE Hydro UV Defense Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ 1.6 oz/ 50 mL to test*, @stefa10amroune and I have been liking it a lot (4.5 stars for me). I have dry, sensitive skin. I think it spreads well, is creamy, but not too liquid-y (I prefer a more liquid sunscreen, I think, for my skin, but that's a texture preference). It doesn't pill for me nor does it sting (if I wait 15 min before applying my next step or going out in the rain/sweating).

*I received for free for an honest review, so wanted to be transparent about that.

Sometimes I am afraid to try new things but luv you put me on. I’m interested in the sleeping mask, it got some really good reviews. How did you find out about it? 

@iamhairnation This is great one. I like to use this one as a top layer in my skin routine before bed when my skin is really dry. It always leaves my skin feeling soft and nourished. It doesn't clog my pores.

I have super sensitive skin so I don’t use everything but I like what I reading about this product so I will be adding to my shopping list! 🙌🏾

I'm trying to cut back on my beauty spending. In the past I've ended up with six backups of my moisturizer, which is fine, but not the best space saver for my little apartment.

I'm hoping they'll be stock of lots of the smaller brands, like LYS, Merit and Athr!

I need a new eye cream! I'm not thrilled with the Drunk Elephant orange one and I can't justify spending on the Augistinus Bader one again! I also need to stock up on my Nest candles. I'll probably end up with Bamboo, Grapefruit, and Mint-Eucalyptus .

I've also been dying to try a few things, like JVN's Air Dry Hair cream and a Rose inc. Blush, that didn't make it into my cart last time.

Any good suscreen recs?

Alright eye creams are my “deserted on an island and this is what I’ll bring” product (I may not have what I need to actually survive but my under eyes will thrive). 

Biossance Squalane + Marine Algae Firming & Lifting Eye Cream 0.5 oz / 15 mL is the best for brightening/hydration over long term. 

Caudalie Premier Cru Anti-Aging Eye Cream for Fine Lines and Wrinkles .5 oz/ 15 mL helps immediately and long term, especially with puffiness and dark circles

The INKEY List Caffeine De-puffing + Dark Circle Eye Cream 0.5 oz/ 15 mL is great for instant depuff and super cooling 

@Rifka 

i use SEPHORA COLLECTION Brightening Eye Cream with Caffeine and Hyaluronic Acid 0.67 oz/ 20mL     for daytime and

Youth To The People Dream Eye Cream with Vitamin C and Ceramides 0.5 oz/ 15 mL    for night. Neither is too heavy and they’re both fragrance- free so they don’t irritate the eye area.

Ooo that youth to the people one is good too

@Rifka Lately have enjoyed First Aid Beauty FAB Skin Lab Retinol Eye Cream with Triple Hyaluronic Acid 0.5 oz/ 15 mL, which I will need to restock come the sale! I’ve used a few other FAB eye creams in the past as well, I can have pretty sensitive and watery eyes come allergy season and none of the FAB line has irritated it. CLINIQUE All About Eyes Rich Eye Cream with Hyaluronic Acid is another eye cream that won’t bother by eyes and I love the hydrating results. 

For sunscreen - Supergoop! all the way!! The only product from their line I don’t enjoy as much is the Matte version - it has salicylic acid in it and I don’t think my skin likes it very much. Other than that, though, I do love the formula, texture, and finish of it, I can just tell it irritates my skin too much when I wear it. 

I’m also in search for a new eye cream! I’ve been sampling Kiehl's Since 1851 Super Multi-Corrective Anti-Aging Eye Cream 0.5 oz/ 15 mL at night and daytime I use OLEHENRIKSEN Banana Bright Eye Crème 0.5 oz/ 15 mL 

For sunscreen I’m excited to try:

LANEIGE Hydro UV Defense Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 50 1.7 oz/ 50 mL 

Supergoop! PLAY 100% Mineral Lotion SPF 30 with Green Algae 3.4 oz/ 100 mL 

Tags:

Alright eye cream is my “can’t live without it” product. Here’s some favs you may like

Biossance Squalane + Marine Algae Firming & Lifting Eye Cream 0.5 oz / 15 mL is the best for brightening/hydration over long term. It also has SUPER clean ingredients and is best for Uber sensitive skin

Caudalie Premier Cru Anti-Aging Eye Cream for Fine Lines and Wrinkles .5 oz/ 15 mL helps immediately and long term, especially with puffiness and dark circle

The INKEY List Caffeine De-puffing + Dark Circle Eye Cream 0.5 oz/ 15 mL is great for instant depuff and super cooling (and the price point is very attractive)

I love the Kiehls moisturizer! 

@faeriegirl That SPF looks very good! I need to try it. I may add it to my basket!!

@Rifka @Totally feel you on the apartment living - I definitely have to be careful to not let back ups get out of control as well! 

i really like KORRES Black Pine 3D Eye-Lift Super Serum 0.51 oz/ 15 m 

Korres has great products. I highly recommend. 

Your cart has so many goodies I love! I totally feel you with the limited storage space, it seems nowadays apartments have little to no storage 😩.

Here are some of my favorite Eye creams by main concern:

And for SPF I love these ones:

• Josie Maran Get Even Sun Milk SPF 33 2 oz/ 60 mL Mineral, looks super dewy and is hydrating.
  • Supergoop! Every. Single. Face. Watery Lotion SPF 50 1.7 oz/ 50 mL Super lightweight, feels hydrating, dries to natural skin finish and feels a little cool when you apply it.
  • #Supergoop! Glowscreen SPF 40 PA+++ 1.7 oz/ 50 mL Amazing to give a dewy glow, can be use as a primer and looks flawless with our without makeup.

I hope you find your favorite! 💖 Please, share the tea on what you end up getting! 

I always stock up on shampoo and conditioner during the sales, and after recently falling in love with Ouai Detox Shampoo, I've been wanting to try OUAI Fine Hair Shampoo  and OUAI Fine Hair Conditioner 

Also, I joined that Laura Mercier Digital Event tonight and am curious about Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Cream Blush !

@txcatx , I'm hyped for the LM blush, too.  Any highlights/opinions on it?

1 Reply
testing