Available Now at Neiman Marcus: 

Holiday Soliel Palette: Violet Argente

Orchid Soliel Collection:

Spoiler
Available on Tom Ford Direct: 
1 lipstick: Orchid Soleil
1 Highlighter: Nightbloom- Soliel

Re: Tom Ford Updates

In all pictures I'm wearing: Naked Bronze, Pink Sand and Rose soleil, UD Roach liner and MJ black gel liner. No foundation but I tried Shade and Illuminate a bit. 

Naked Bronze is my favourite cream duo as I can see myself easily wearing it with anything.

(Although I have yet to try midnight sea)

IMG_1584.JPG

IMG_1586.JPG

I got my hair cut about 4 inches yesterday and got it coloured for the first time in 15 years at a real salon. lol

I'm really cheap when it comes to my hair and usually go to the hair academy and get it cut there for $25, twice a year but wanted to treat myself to a real cut and colour since I'm hopefully getting a new job soon. (Same pay, more stress but I'll gain an abundance of new skills and experience!)

I chose to use a technique called "flamboyage" that makes it look very natural. It's a technique where they use long sticky strips and whatever hair sticks to it is what gets coloured. 

I was scared to go too light so did not use bleach so the highlights are hard to notice. I'm going back on Sunday to add some brighter strands here and there to lighten up the look a bit more around my face. Overall, I'm happy with the change. Just glad to get rid of the dead ends! 

IMG_1690.JPG

I just got something very similar done to my hair - bayleage! It gave me these really gorgeous coppery/honey highlights (I have a lot of red undertones in my hair). I love it!

Bayleage (I'm probably totally misspelling) is when they paint the color on and it is a very much softer looking highlight

I'm glad you hear that you love it! Would love to see a picture if possible 🙂

I'll ask if I can get some put in around my face on Sunday.

Kate, I like your new cut....the first I have heard of that word "flamboyage" though.  My hair is quite long - like yours.  Once I find a barber - I latch on....

Naked Bronze is pretty indeed!

Thank you GC!

I was quite happy with the salon so much so that I'm taking my daughter to get her hair fixed there tomorrow. 

She had decided to ombré her hair herself and it didn't turn out great. 

Have you tried naked bronze? I think it would look very naturally beautiful on you.

Anonymous Insider

Wow! You look stunning! 🙂

Thank you Ballerinagrl 🙂

I know you like reds--I just tried Ruby Rush for the first time from my stash and it's really lovely.

Ha!  Flamboyage!  Your hair looks amazing!

"flamboyage" sounds like it should be a Chanel or Tom Ford lipstick colour. LOL

Thank you Michelle! I didn't even know what that term was a few days ago. Lol I was googling hair trends and saw styles like ombré, sombré, babylage, Flamboyage and was a bit overwhelmed with all the different things you can do to colour hair. All I really knew of was foil and cap highlights from when I did it last 15-20 years ago.

I want ombré hair 🙂

Very beautiful Kate! Love your hair! And good luck with getting a new job! I think we're all deserved a better pay so we can hoard more TF 😉

Thank you BK!

lol there's going to be lots of opportunity for overtime so that will help with my TF collection.

tom ford packaging is just so lux! love it!

I'm soo happy you got one. Were you able to get it from Canada or the US?

Hi njattana,

Did you purchase it online or have it shipped from a store? I'm fairly new to the makeup game so I'm not sure how these things work. 

Thanks for the reply! 

I was under the impression that online U.S. retailers wouldn't ship TF beauty products to Canada. To ship from a physical Neimans location I was quoted $75.

Wow, I didn't know you could do that! That's awesome! Thanks for all the info, njattana! I'm going to have to look into this now.

I live in Toronto but thanks anyway. I'm going to see if they have something similar in the Niagara Falls area. Totally need to get my hands on that palette 🙂 

That's a great deal!! And lucky you got golden peach before it sold out--one of my friends wanted one but didn't decide soon enough and they are all sold out!

No problem!

16,842 Replies
testing