Orchid Soliel Collection:

Spoiler
Available on Tom Ford Direct: 
1 lipstick: Orchid Soleil
1 Highlighter: Nightbloom- Soliel

Re: RE: Tom Ford Updates

What the heck posted twice. Sorry guys 🙄😕

@Mochapj You're killing me with your beautiful lip swatches. Heart I put both in my purchase list 😉  Have you seen commando?

@blackkitty2014 thank you.

I'm picking up a Commando (and Synthetica) from my SA on Saturday. I ordered Risk and Destroy off the Nordstrom website last week but all the new shades aren't launching in Canada until this weekend. 

RE: Tom Ford Updates

Stunner, Destroy, Risk

Wow thx for posting @Mochapj .  I hope new shades will come to Sephora so i can use my GC 🙂  I love Stunner.  PS.  If anyone is looking for it, looks liked it's back in stock at Sephora.

Re: Tom Ford Updates

Rumor has it Burnished Amber will be returning as a limited Nordstrom exclusive for this year’s Anniversary sale. Will be interested to compare to the old one - but better yet, looks like they’re listening to what we want!!

@Nuwc1998, thanks for the info. I missed that one and would love to see it available again!

Thx @Nuwc1998 I missed out that one. Will keep an eye out. I wonder if Sephora will stop carrying Tom Ford. I haven’t seen any new stuffs for a while now.

RE: Re: RE: Tom Ford Updates

Newest launches haven’t really “launched” yet, keep in mind. Nordstrom has the exclusive launch on the Shade and Illuminate Foundation until it goes to other retailers (March, I’ve heard). New quads only two are in-store, and three are online only...but Sephora has removed the discontinued ones. Nothing else new has really come out yet.

Wow, that's interesting!  I wonder when Sephora will be getting the latest quads?

8 new lipspark shades, all available on Nordstrom

CommandoCommandoStarstruckStarstruckBabyBabyLovesickLovesickThrobThrobDestroyDestroySyntheticaSyntheticaRiskRisk

@MochapjThanks for posting these,Commando,Baby and Risk are all going on my wish list.

@Seymore3 @Mochapj I’m eyeing on Baby and Risk

2 more Commando (copper) and Risk (plum)

Thanks @Mochapj , oof that Risk!! 

Thx for posting @Mochapj .  I hope Risk is a good performance one.  The shade looks gorgeous.

Couple of new shades of lip spark coming

Love sick looks interesting, like a colour I might want but I'll have to wait for swatches.Thrust is on it's way to me but for some reason it shipped from BC so it's taking forever.I'm excited to try this formula since everyone seems to like it and I didn't really like Pat McGrath blitz trance.

@Nuwc1998here is Arabesque.

I really struggled with capturing the results on camera; I very much think it is one that needs to be seen in person because lighting very much affects how it displays. I ended up shooting a video and varying the lighting so I’ve taken some stills to illustrate.

The full face is in bright direct lighting. The light is so strong that it reflects off the sparkle of the celestials and camouflages their base shade which appears quite sheer.

The close up eyes show indirect lighting which allows their colour to come through more prominently (as a pinky red) but without much twinkle. the more candlelit scenario really picks up the sparkling effect while also allowing some of the base colour through.

Overall I found the wear and effect consistent with celestial shades in the older quads like Seductive Rose, Golden Mink, etc. However the texture did seem different in the pan; significantly wet and spongy, with my finger leaving a prominent dent in it.

I do think this quad was designed for the Asian market, both due to the colours and the twinkly finish which is so popular in makeup there. I don’t think the celestials are anything more than toppers, as would be consistent with the full range. You can certainly get them to be more vibrant but I don’t think it’s possible to make those 2 shades opaque without employing glitter glue. Due to the texture I think it would probably be impossible to apply much of anything from them with a brush but I always use my fingers with the celestials anyways.

16,860 Replies
testing