Holiday Soliel Palette: Violet Argente

Orchid Soliel Collection:

Spoiler
Available on Tom Ford Direct: 
1 lipstick: Orchid Soleil
1 Highlighter: Nightbloom- Soliel

Re: Tom Ford Updates

Smooches!

You are too cute.  I already had a bunch of these preordered, so you will be seeing me in these shades 😄

Where did you preorder from?

First I did from HR on Bloor but I find them unreliable.

I have a better SA at Nordies in Vancouver now.  If you want a name, let me know.

That would be amazing!! Could you PM me?

Sent - let me know if you don't get the PM.  I can email it if need be.

You da best!

And thank you GC! What is on your list to buy?

Eric, Hiro, Roberto, Alex (love), Jacquin (love), Kingston (love), Tony (will marry), Jay, Theo (love), Drake.

I think my original list is pretty much intact! Jay, Theo, Kingston & Roman! Drake was also on my list 🙂

Sorry for crappy pictures - but I plan to swatch all these again soon early next week.

Brights/Bolds :

I forgot to swatch Drake on my arm.  But my SA will text me a pic soon.  He is gorgeous!  A mauvy rose with sheen.

20151106_165314 (Large).jpg

Left to right (wrist to elbow):

1. Jay - deep purple.  A bit sheer.

2. Theo - brighter purple with slight irridescence.  More pigmented than Jay.

3. Tony (future Mr.GC) - Must buy.  The only red in this set, and my new favourite red.  I would date me.

4. Kingston - Magenta.  No brainer - he is gorgeous!

5. Jacquin (future Mr.GC-2) - Warm rose/magenta w/ faint sheen.  My 2nd favourite of collection.

6. Alex - fuchia/magenta.  Will brighten your entire face!

7. Rocco - Rich pink with heavy silver glitter. 

8. Roberto - Coral

9. Hiro - Orange with shimmer

10. Eric - Rose/coral

I am buying all these shades except Rocco.  Truthfully, Rocco looked good.  But he had glitter chunks and that would make him a very specific look lipstick.  Some of these shades are sheer, but I could easily build them up. 

More pics:

20151106_165428 (Large).jpg

ETA - Indoor light picture.  You see an extra colour- I think that was Drake before I wiped him off.

Spoiler
Spoiler
20151106_163428 (Large).jpg

UPDATE:  Here are the missing swatches of two colours - Jake and Drake.  They are gorgeous!

Top - Bottom (added Jay and Theo for comparison.  Drake is lighter than Jay):

1. Jay

2. Theo

3. Jake

4. Drake

20151107_172135 (Large).jpg

THANK YOU for these swatches, all of them, seriously ❤️ I'm personally a non-shimmer, non-glitter person, and you just helped me whittle down my list of 17 to 8 (Tony, Kingston, Jacquin, Alex, Roberto, Eric, Jake, and Drake). I'm really hoping they're permanent though, not sure I can order all 8 at once without some massive buyer's remorse

GC, I have no words, just swoon. I had a wish list of about  20 and this will be so helpful. I was trying to be good and haven't pre-ordered yet. I married a Tony so that's a good excuse to buy 2, right?

but seriously, thank you thank you for sharing your experience with us! I don't know that I would have had the presence of mind to be so thorough. 

L4S, I am getting 2 Tonys and 2 Jacquins. 

There is no lipstick with my human's name.  I might rename Tony - Human.

Drake was the only new boy on my list before now.. Thanks to you, Derek and Daniel are maybes and Jay has to be my boyfriend 😄

I only bought 2 items during this Sephora sale so I should reward myself for being good with these 10 lippies right?

These are so pretty. Ugh. Dang it.

Yes! Point for me. I had already preordered Kingston and I'm even more in love with it, seeing your swatch 🙂 

Oh man.... these are lovely. I love most of these. And here I was thinking of going on a no-buy for the rest of the year... silly me.

No-Buy?

My puppies have been on rations all year so I can buy this little harem right here.

what is this no buy of which you speak??? 😄

😄 😄 I know right?? I thought I'd try and pretend I didn't need any more makeup for like, a month. But PRETTIES!!

16,845 Replies
testing