Holiday Soliel Palette: Violet Argente

Orchid Soliel Collection:

Spoiler
Available on Tom Ford Direct: 
1 lipstick: Orchid Soleil
1 Highlighter: Nightbloom- Soliel

Re: RE: Tom Ford Updates

Thanks @mrsbaine !

i check and spritz mine with alcohol once a month to keep an eye on that. So far I’ve only lost browns 😞 

@mrsbaine @Mochapj wow does alcohol spritz prevent TF lipsticks from turning? I had to have a funeral for a few of my lighter pink shades this year and have been super shy of buying more because I just don't use them much.

@AnneMCC I don't know that it prevents them from turning, but I noticed that since I started doing it a few years back, I haven't had any others turn. 

The only ones I've ever had turn were brownish nudes; I have reds, berries and more odd shades like Stavros that are several years old and still fine. That said, I'm a bit more selective about buying FS ones now because of it.

SO happy to see you try this one @Mochapj! I knew I could count on you! I am super smitten with the packaging, but not crazy about the colour for myself. Looks lovely on you (what doesn't?!)

Thanks @NotCrocker! It's funny, it's really, really similar to a shade I was obsessed with wearing in the late 90s, so I'm feeling all kinds of nostalgic about it 😄

I gotta say though, the press release descriptions I read were waaaaaay off - this isn't a warm bronzy berry infused with gold pearl at all...

Re: Tom Ford Updates

Looks like she has all the other new shades as well:

Screen Shot 2017-10-27 at 10.49.00 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-10-27 at 10.48.52 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-10-27 at 10.48.42 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-10-27 at 10.48.34 AM.png

Temptalia had 9 of the new matte lipsticks up in the gallery:

Screen Shot 2017-10-27 at 10.41.32 AM.png

Thx @Mochapj.  I might have to pick up Night Portal and Exotica during Rouge sale.  If anybody like pink red in matte formula, i recommend The Perfect Kiss.  It's so pretty 😉

@blackkitty2014 I keep thinking about The Perfect Kiss! It looks so pretty. I'm glad to hear you recommend it 🙂

2FC2183C-E7E6-4AAB-A5A0-09C88F5A84AF.jpeg

Sorry for the repost. The color in the picture is pretty much accurate irl @lachaton. It is bright but very wearable 

RE: Tom Ford Updates

Went to my local Nords yesterday and did some swatching

Found that a few of the new FS shades seem to have mini counterparts.

Devore - Monica

Magnetic Attraction - similar to both Christopher and Ben, but cream finish

Autoerotique - Joan

Impassioned - looks same shade as Grace, but is more opaque

In Deep - Ben

Universal Appeal - Evan

Thanks @Mochapj!!! I grabbed sugar glider and universal appeal. Ive always wanted Evan but never got to grabbing it so seeing the similarities makes me happy of my choices!! I think sugar glider may be more of a my lips but better color but ill see.

This is so helpful, thank you! I wish there was a master list somewhere showing which mini lipsticks have a full-size equivalent 

This is sooo awesome @Mochap. I think I will pick up Joan and Evan. Sugar Slider looks great there on your swatches:)

Sugar Glider and Devore are really interesting to me. I think when I swatched both I discounted them, but now seeing them on TBLB's lips, I'm kinda into both. Is Monica "really brown"? I have Ryan which I call a brown lipstick all the time. Do you have him @Mochapj? How do they compare on the brown scale? 

RE: Re: RE: Tom Ford Updates

@mrsbaine I don’t think so. I can’t speak to how Ryan wears on you, but on me he’s more of a muted, neutral burgundy. Monica/Devore is a nude brown, kinda peachy, kind of caramel. It’s also very, very similar to Coco Ravish. Ryan is on the left, Monica is on the right.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Tom Ford Updates

Thanks @Mochapj. I guess with my lip color, Ryan ended up being a bit more brown. I wanted something with a bit more pink in it. I may need to go swatch Devore. 

Does anyone know if the Orchid Soleil is going to come back in stock? Do you think it just got pulled before the sale? I had it in my cart yesterday and now it says out of stock and the link to the product has been removed..

RE: Re: Tom Ford Updates

@AnneMCC. It is still in stock on the Canadian side, which I think it is just OOS in US warehouse. Hope it still in stock on sale next week for us and come back in stock for you guys

Re: RE: Re: Tom Ford Updates

Thanks @SalBing fingers crossed!

The full size perfume? Or the rollerball? @AnneMCC

16,845 Replies
testing