Available Now at Neiman Marcus: 

Holiday Soliel Palette: Violet Argente

Orchid Soliel Collection:

Spoiler
Available on Tom Ford Direct: 
1 lipstick: Orchid Soleil
1 Highlighter: Nightbloom- Soliel

Re: Tom Ford Updates

Thanks for the swatch, @Mochapj !  The color looks great on you!  I was intrigued by the description for this one for the same reason you were:  deep red with an orange sheen.  It doesn't look deep red or have an orange sheen to me.  Although it is a pretty color, it's not what I was expecting. 

Thanks @Titian06 

it’s not what I was hoping for as well. I hate all those other shades I mentioned to BK below that this is comparable to and have purged them from my collection for the same reason; not a deep red/orange lol. I guess this one will probably join them 🤣

@Mochapj Darn how you get it so fast? 😂🤣 in you expert opinion, is this a must? Beautiful on you as always 🌹🥰😍

@blackkitty2014 I live close to the warehouse 😄

Personally, it's not my fave. But.... if you're a fan of Tomas, Hiro, Sunset Blvd, etc you might want it as it is the lip spark version of that shade. They got me with the description of deep red with orange sheen but it's more a standard red with gold shimmer. It has the glitter look on the outside but the lipstick itself is closer to the lipspark extension shades that were released last fall (shades 13-20); it's more metallic than glitter.

I also think it's a weird shade to release with this quad because it seems like it clashes with it. I'm looking forward to when the other shade that was supposed to launch with it (Hyper, seem below) comes out because I think it would work better and also looks like a glitter version of Black Orchid/Bruised Plum which I am ALL ABOUT 😉

Thx you @Mochapj . Unrelated question, what do you think about Suqqu eyeshadow holiday 2020 palette? I saw it popped up on Cult Beauty. So tempted but decide to ask you first 🤣😂

@blackkitty2014  I don’t have mine yet as it only launched yesterday.

The colours look pretty. I do find their bigger holiday palettes (I have 3 from prior years) are never quite as good as the quads because most of them don’t seem to have the same formula as the quad.

I picked mine up mostly out of curiosity because I have heard rumours that Suqqu is discontinuing the current quad formula and releasing something new. I wanted to see if perhaps this is the new formula. 

Another slightly ridiculous TF trademark that could soon become makeup or fragrance

Screen Shot 2020-11-04 at 5.26.56 PM.png

Anyone have sous le sable and de la creme? Would love to hear your opinions on formula and pigmentation 

@annypoo I have both. 

They’re both fairly muted neutral palettes and the formula is a little different from older TF palettes. SLS is pretty similar to CT’s Pillowtalk, IMO

I find the biggest difference in the mattes; they are a lot more powdery in the pan but feel creamier/more slippery than the older formula which didn’t kick up as much. The shimmers have this texture too but it’s not as far off from the old shimmer formula as the difference you can feel with the mattes.

98E985B7-5645-4B59-87F1-E1095E4ECEF9.jpeg

50FD93C8-D9B8-4E76-A222-826438DDC21B.jpeg

Thank you! Temptalia rated it a B/B- so I was on the fence about it. I also want Body Heat so I might go for that one first

In addition to the new Alias shade of lipspark that popped up yesterday, there is also a second new shade on the TF website called Hyper

91A71B7D-4F4A-4D55-B5F8-AF21E65B00A1.png

Mercurial and a new lipspark called Alias are available on the US side

TOM FORD Extreme Eye Color Quad Eyeshadow Palette 01 Mercurial 

TOM FORD Extreme Lip Spark Lipstick 23 Alias 

New palette?

B0ECC282-3F34-48B4-A7E4-607A95857315.png

@Mochapj To me that looks like the recently discontinued Seductive Rose - just with weird optics. I’ve heard rumors of two new quads coming in spring, but warm-toned, not cool.

@Nuwc1998  I thought it might've been an old quad as well, but she posted it from their team training session and it doesn't appear to have 2 glitters, so I'm skeptical that it is an existing quad.

I sent it to Chicprofile and she said she also found it on a Japanese site earlier this week, so perhaps it's a region-specific quad.

Tried to look up this account to see if there were more pictures or swatches of the palette and I think the palette photo has been taken down so maybe it is a new release??

781EC274-0727-4DF2-B97E-39421591D8B2.jpeg

34E0A2DE-0E4C-42BE-BC6F-046E7ED1EB6E.jpeg

Picked up Mercurial yesterday. It’s truly gorgeous. An updated Honeymoon, somewhat. Far better for fair skin tones, since it doesn’t have that deep gold saturation Honeymoon has.

Back of the box shows ingredients list consistent with other wet/dry quads and not previous Extreme formulations - but the texture feels like the wet smooth shades in Badass. While colors look similar, Mercurial’s purple is far more of a brown in use and swatch, and the red is far more red/crimson than cranberry pink in Honeymoon. Highlight colors are far brighter. The shadows have that thinner kind of Extreme texture which gives more of a frosty glisten than the smooth wet metallic of other normal Prisma quads - definitely more versatility in opacity here. It truly is as if Honeymoon were amplified brighter for holiday looks, rather than the standard TF seductive saturation. Love it.

@Nuwc1998 @Thx for posting. I will pick up Mercurial for sure once it’s available in the State. For Honeymoon, you hit the nail on the head...I really don’t like that deep gold saturation it just don’t work for me

112CA0AB-11FF-4CC8-B5F6-48F426C94468.jpeg

@blackkitty2014 Honeymoon top, Mercurial bottom. Hopefully you can see Honeymoon is deeper and has more even, smooth saturation, while Mercurial is glitzier and thinner - far more metallic on the lids, especially wet.

@blackkitty2014 Did you see that Mercurial is now available?

Thx you so much @Winthrop44 for letting me know. Ordered! 🌹🥰

9 Replies
testing