Orchid Soliel Collection:

Spoiler
Available on Tom Ford Direct: 
1 lipstick: Orchid Soleil
1 Highlighter: Nightbloom- Soliel

Re: RE: Tom Ford Updates

Wow! thank you @Mochapj 

Re: Tom Ford Updates

swatches from Temptalia Screen Shot 2018-11-15 at 10.15.28 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-11-15 at 10.15.47 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-11-15 at 10.17.03 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-11-15 at 10.17.37 AM.png

Tried the Soleil palette last night. I think it’s fine but the colour combo doesn’t make a lot of sense to me, if trying to use all 4 shades at once. The blush was a lot more pigmented than I expected so I ended up having to blend it out a lot. 

I’m not wearing them here but I have been trying the liners for the past few days and I do like those a lot, specifically the aurora one with the peachy copper. I kind of wish they’d reversed the shade pairings and made the peachy copper with the sparkly purple and the deep brown with the gold

A58FCB6F-D0AC-41D2-9611-E2BD6B65609B.jpeg

Yay!!! Our fave Michele Wang has uploaded the video review of Tom Ford Soleil 2018 palette and other related items. She created one Warm and one Cool look. I am really excited about the release! I am a big fan of these TF palettes. 🙂

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_uHYOl1bnI

It’s lovely on you @Mochapj

@PrettyPaint thank you!

@Mochapj  I just ordered this Soleil Palette during the Bloomingdales giftcard event. This looks very soft and pretty on you. This kind of soft look actually brings out your gorgeous face even more!!!

Thank you @ms123456 !

i hope you like yours!

I wasn’t too excited about it just looking at the palette but it looks really pretty on you.

Thank you @Winthrop44 . I think it’s definitely a hard palette to visualize by just looking at the pans. To me they colours don’t really look like they go together. Next time I try it I’m planning to break it up into a warm tone or cool tone look.

The palette looks very wearable. I'm planning on picking...

The palette looks very wearable. I'm planning on picking up the plum eyeliner. Look forward to seeing more looks using this palette. Thanks for posting!

Re: The palette looks very wearable. I'm planning on picking...

Thanks @TraceyEB!

Gorgeous @Mochapj. The eyeshadows seem build-able. I plan to pick up both pencils. I love the blush on you 😉

Thanks @blackkitty2014

They are pretty buildable. The formula seems a little softer than the wet/dry quads so it's easy to use them for a wash of colour.

I've only used once and swatched once, and the TF embossing on the shadows is almost completely gone.

RE: Tom Ford Updates

More glow drop swatches

Picture2.pngSome comparison bathroom light/natural light finger swatches of Pretty Baby for anyone interested. Closest to the texture of the Pretty Baby glitter shade is PMG VR Violet from Subliminal but the Pretty Baby glitter shade actually shifts more icy blue/green while PMG shifts...violet. Colourpop Glass Bull is close in color but not at all in texture. Orchid Haze is not very similar and runs more neutral/matte. Pretty Baby is gorgeous!

@flonkerton  Thank you for the comparison swatches. I am getting really excited about Pretty Baby quad!

Thx for the swatch @flonkerton. Can’t wait to play with Pretty Baby and Leopard Sun. I ordered these last week when they was first up on Sephora. Unfortunately they didn’t arrive until I already left for my trip (as always ;))

RE: Tom Ford Updates

The Winter 18 Soleil palette and the Aurora and Solaris duo kohls. Top pencil set is sparkly deep purple and antique gold and bottom is chocolate brown and peachy copper.

@Mochapj how similar are the eyeshadow shades to nude dip or the singles? 

@moxiepancakes I don’t think it’s similar to ND at all; I’ll try and swatch them for you in daylight tomorrow.

i think there are a few singles that are similar to the top 2 shades, possibly Moonlighting and Exposure so I’ll check those, too. 

Texturally though, this doesn’t feel like ND or the singles. The shadows are a lot softer than either of those which seems to lend the shades to being sheered out more easily 

testing