Available Now at Neiman Marcus: 

Holiday Soliel Palette: Violet Argente

Orchid Soliel Collection:

Spoiler
Available on Tom Ford Direct: 
1 lipstick: Orchid Soleil
1 Highlighter: Nightbloom- Soliel

RE: Re: Tom Ford Updates

@abbey2400, I really like how you applied the colors; what did you use for liner? It almost looks like a deep metallic burgundy/black.

Re: RE: Re: Tom Ford Updates

I actually just used a black pencil liner, but I smudged it out with a liner brush so it probably ended up blending into the purple a bit! I think next time, I would even use the deep burgundy in the pallete on the brush to smudge it out 🙂

Re: Tom Ford Updates

Thx you for the update @abbey2400.  Love the look you created there. I think i will keep the quad after all despite i have 3 out of 4 private shadows.  I love the shades (even though the formula not TF best) and i think i can get lots of use of out it.

Here are some swatches of the Iris Bronze eye quad and spiced honey lip stick that I took in store. The lightest shade is close to my skin tone so it doesn't show up well, but it may be my favorite color in the quad. It's a satin smooth beige/lavender/oyster...definitely a subtle color, but I could see this being beautiful all over the lid for "no-makeup" makeup days. I thought the bronze shade felt a bit crumbly in the tester, I don't know if it's a problem from fingerr swatching or in all the palettes. The dark shade matte with some micro shimmers. Has anyone used a shade like this from TF before? Do the glitters fall out on the face with wear?

The Spiced Honey lipstick looks very pretty. I'm on the fence whether I should get this, mostly unsure of the two darker colors. Has anyone else felt a crumbly texture in the bronze?

Tom Ford Iris Bronze quad in shadeTom Ford Iris Bronze quad in shadeTom Ford Iris Bronze Quad in sunTom Ford Iris Bronze Quad in sun

Tom Ford Spiced Honey (ignore messy swatch hand!)Tom Ford Spiced Honey (ignore messy swatch hand!)

98BAA65C-386C-4B45-824C-E4905DB9A444.jpeg

1BC7AC2B-7033-4514-A200-400D5FDDFA7F.jpeg

@playingdressup, if you still can, get the quad. It is a pretty combo and a good deal. This is a simple look I did yesterday with Iris Bronze and Videotape singles and I’m pretty please with it. I paid $36 for 0.04 oz each single while the quad is 0.29 oz total.

The look is beautiful, @blackkitty2014! I wore the Iris Bronze single yesterday and it's such a pretty shade.

I love that look on you @blackkitty2014 ! I did end up ordering it online before it went out of stock, and I'm very glad I did! 

The colors do look great, @blackkitty2014!  I can't get to a Nordstrom until Tuesday.  I'll check in and take a look if the quad is still available then.

Good luck @curlychiquita. I have the feeling it will show up later this year at other retailers

RE: Re: Tom Ford Updates

@playingdressup the darkest shade is supposedly the Videotape single shadow. I haven’t found any fallout from the sparkles in the single, but I have found it to be patchy. I wouldn’t be surprised if the palette version had the same issues

@playingdressup, i totally agree with @Mochapj.  I have Videotape.  It's a bit patchy and required some works on the lids.  However, it is a pretty shade and no fall out.

Thank you @blackkitty2014 @Mochapj. It's a very pretty color

RE: Tom Ford Updates

Swatches of the Iris Bronze quad from Pretty is my Profession. She’s compared it to Cocoa Mirage as well as the singles. I’d heard from one SA that the quad is made up of the 4 best selling singles; although mine told me the lightest shade was Hush, not Exposure

Re: RE: Tom Ford Updates

Thx @Mochapj. This is super helpful. It will be tough choice for me. I have 3 out of 4 shades in private shadow. Hmmmm!

Oh wow, it has been a while since I posted on here! Here are my swatches of iris bronze set (done in a hurry, please forgive me 😉 )

Here's my first impressions: 

The eyeshadow pallete isn’t the best formula ever compared to other TF palletes I have (Orchid Haze, Cocoa Mirage, Nude Dip), but the formula is comparable to the new single shadows they released based on the ones I have tried. It isn’t BAD (I really the colors all together and I feel like I will wear it a lot.) I did get a little bit of fallout with the darker colors and glitter/shimmer fallout with the lighter. The lightest shade doesn't look like much, but is a nice wash all over the lid and evens out my eyelid nicely with a little hint of shimmer. The shimmers, especially the gold one, go on much better wet. The bronze color takes a little bit of building up, but does turn out nice.

The lipsticks actually are in metal packaging, instead of the usual plastic that the mini/sample sizes usually come in (at least in my experience), which is nice.

Overall, not my most favorite TF eye pallete ever, but nice as a whole and I think the set was a pretty good deal.

And here are the swatches (for ref, I'm usually the second lightest in most foundations) :

Spoiler
Photo Spam Below- SWATCHES!a.jpg

!b.jpg

Hand swatches in (bad) indoor lightingHand swatches in (bad) indoor lighting

Hand swatches in flash photoHand swatches in flash photo

VERY MESSY application of the pallete in flash photoVERY MESSY application of the pallete in flash photo

Spiced Honey lipstick in indoor lightingSpiced Honey lipstick in indoor lighting

Spiced Honey lipstick in flash photoSpiced Honey lipstick in flash photo

Casablanca lipstick in indoor lightingCasablanca lipstick in indoor lighting

Casablanca lipstick in flash photoCasablanca lipstick in flash photo

Thanks for the swatches @abbey2400! The packaging is so nice and luxurious! Does the bronze color have a crumbling texture and does it go on patchy? I did a finger swatch with the tester in store and that color had some issues. I'm wondering if it was just because it's been used so much. 

Yea, even on the freshly opened quad I did notice a crumbly texture when finger swatching the bronzey color. On the eye with a brush, I didn't really notice, but there was a little bit off fallout from it when I layered it on, nothing too major though. 

@abbey2400, thank so much for the mini review and all the swatches.  My friend ordered for me the set on the 11th and it wont get to me until next week.  I'm excited looking at the swatches still.  Even though it's a bit boring but the color scheme is very easy to wear and at least it's not a repackage of an old quad 😉

Agreed! It was still very fun to play with!

RE: Tom Ford Updates

More swatches of Iris Bronze

Re: RE: Tom Ford Updates

Darn, I hope it wasn’t true. The set is listed as Sold Out on US site right now.

1 Reply
testing