Available Now at Neiman Marcus: 

Holiday Soliel Palette: Violet Argente

Orchid Soliel Collection:

Spoiler
Available on Tom Ford Direct: 
1 lipstick: Orchid Soleil
1 Highlighter: Nightbloom- Soliel

Re: Tom Ford Updates

Thx a bunch @Mochapj.  What are we gonna do without you?  I was wondering about Nars highlighter palette. Thx you!!!

Highlighter duo swatches from OurBeautyCult. The blog has more photos taken in different light, a review and dupes. The rose portion of the palette gets good reviews; the gold shade considered quite glittery by the reviewer.

Spoiler
TF Soleil highlighter swatches.png

TF Soleil Highlighter swatches dupes.png

Anonymous Insider

Just a comment on the duo highlighter----

if you have light-ish skin tone, this may not work as well as a highlighter. My skin tone is not so fair, but kinda light, and only the top shade can kinda (only kinda) work as a highlighter. The yellow-ness (or the gold shade) kinda shows, which isn't so good for my liking. The bottom shade is rather like a blush (looks pretty that way, but I'd look ridiculous if I wear it to highlight nose, forehead, etc.). The shade is actually so awesome as a blush (don't even need to wear other regular blush underneath). Very evenly applied, easy to diffuse the edge, and I don't look metallic/overly glittery. I somewhat find it similar to Inhibition (new blush shade) but only better. Prettier sheen, more even application, just better. 

Both shades are so beautiful when worn as eye shadow. When applied with fingers, I can create a pretty glittery-shimmery eye look so easy. 

Overall, this is a pretty thing but so tricky to use as highlighter for me. 

Thank you so much for your input. I will definitely pass on this one since yellow god highlights look horrible on my cool skintone. Plus, I am very fair so they would definitely be too dark for me.

Thanks for the very thorough review, @Anonymous! I don't know what to do with this palette.If the gold is a bronze, I'm okay; if it's a deep gold (like MAC Whisper of Guilt), it likely won't look good on me. I love the rose shade, though.

Anonymous Insider

I don't know if I'm willing to use the gold shade as highlighter... 

It isn't so bad, but the sparkle kinda shows (which I don't generally like, as highlighter). 

Both are so beautiful as eyeshadows...I wore them again on my lids today...

I love the idea of wearing them as eyeshadows. The sparkle is throwing me off (re: wearing as a highlighter), I think.

thank you! I was wondering how that would work for fair skin. any chance you can swatch it next to inhibition? 🙂 🙂

Anonymous Insider

IMG_1187.JPGWhen applied to my face (I only use them lightly), they look more similar; kinda bronzed-blush look??? Surprisingly, the sparkle from the bottom shade of the  highlighter duo isn't quite noticeable when applied on my face.

Awesome mini review @Anonymous.  I'm interested in highlight duo, new blush duo, the new soleil trio palette, Sun Worshiping and Solar Exposure palette.  Just too many things to buy while i'm try to be on budget this year (need to save for trips 😉 which is completely off topic)  Anywho, cant wait to hear more what everybody thinks about this year collection before i'm pulling the trigger.

Anonymous Insider

I'm interested in Sun Worship too, but I'm still on the fence as I need to save for trips as well+trying to be responsible for my spending habits.......I always thought I'm trying hard not to overspend but compared to my friends' budget, mine is seemingly too much still (I'm still a college student and earn $0/month). 

I liked Bicoastal, but this year's blush shade is not my favorite. The highlighter shade seems lovely though. 

More swatches

IMG_8116.PNG

Anonymous Insider

This swatch is so accurate imo. Especially the comparison swatch...

Anonymous Insider

I'd like to see soleil 2017 collections in action 0.0 

I'm still considering Sun Worship...

I purchased and received  the highlighter duo but I "might" return this (unopened)... (bc I purchased something else with $$ premium on Ebay...)

It is so hard to make up my mind 0.0

I would too. I like the look of the new cheek duo and possibly the highlight duo. I don't have an issue returning products when the brand is not available in my city. It is my middle finger to companies that don't have a counter closer than 6 hours away. Now I don't do this often, I return maybe 2-3 times a year. Anyway, I can't wait until some more swatches are posted by the lovely people here. 

@Mochapj Thanks for the links! I'm probably getting the 2 cheek duos!

Thanks @Mochapj I love the products I got last year.  I won't indulge as much this year, but some of these products are just too gorgeous to pass up.

Thanks!!! I got the highlighter palette and the gold eyeshadow. This week will be a good delivery week. 

swatches from Really Ree - i didn't realize there was also a new cheek duo coming out.

Screen Shot 2017-02-24 at 1.47.56 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-02-24 at 1.48.03 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-02-24 at 1.48.15 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-02-24 at 1.48.31 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-02-24 at 1.48.37 PM.png

Anonymous Insider

I opened my duo highlighter, and I think @sabrinas's swatches are much more accurate. The bottom shade is not dull; very pretty rosy gold. 

1 Reply
testing