Orchid Soliel Collection:

Spoiler
Available on Tom Ford Direct: 
1 lipstick: Orchid Soleil
1 Highlighter: Nightbloom- Soliel

Re: Tom Ford Updates

I'm excited!  Thanks for the input!!! BK

Tom Ford products are 5% off at Nordstrom (combined with 6% cash back from ebates its not a bad deal!)

I wore Stroked today and decided to try the highlighter again. I had tried it last year when I initially got Stroked and told myself I didn't like it. Not sure what I was thinking but it's beautiful! 

Anyone have ave it and the new duo and can swatch the three of them? I think it may look like the darker one in moonlight. Bonus if you have softcore too. 

I do! I'll swatch them next to each other when I get it on Friday

Tom Ford lip mini (lips and boys) price has gone up to $35 each 😞 I just saw this price increase on Bloomingdales:( 

That means they will probably be almost $40 CAN. 

I think I'll limit myself to 1 each of nude, pink, red, coral, and a vibrant one. I went waaay too boy crazy the last time. 

How unfortunate! I think even the SA I spoke to on Friday was still listing the price as $32.

That is just awful!!!!

Nordstrom's is price matching I noticed, for the few L&B's they have, their FS lipsticks, blushes and maybe a couple other things. That's why I almost bought pink tease but then I remembered I have a YSL lippie coming on Monday that I was enabled to buy via MrsBaine's thread and I think they are close in color. So I save $50 to go towards that Moonlight duo that you all know I will eventually get no matter how much I b$tch about the price! Lol!! 😉

of course very shortly all the prices will increase and stay that way. 😞 I'm hoping for one of those good Neimans GC sales!

I love Mr Ford products but I hate the yearly price increases. It is ridiculous especially the lips ands boys increase. It's almost liked 10 percent there. Hey Tom, nobody gets a 10% raise around here. 

As if the prices weren't high enough!!!!

They are really high, but there is some sort of justification for it (at least in my head). Like the lipsticks - at $50 (I suppose $52 now), that is *extremely* high. But, I find them to be very moisturizing, and he specifically designed/formulated them so that you don't need any king of lip liner and it just stays in place.

I also find the mascara to be super expensive, but for me - it's amazing. It does exactly what I want/need it to without making my long lashes look crazy, like a lot of mascaras do :x.

I promised to take a good picture of Tom Ford illustrating duo but I failed again. My hubby kinda rushed me to stop by his office to take care of some paperwork and then lunch so I didn't have chance to swatch and take a good picture of me wearing it right after. This is 6 hrs later after my surprised baby shower at his office. Not sure if you can see it but I can see a bit on me. It is very subtle, very beautiful. I like it a lot. The duo suits the name 😉

image.jpg

Congratulations on the baby!!!!!

So excited for you!!!

Is this a buy or not?  I keep looking at it on the Nordstrom site but $80!

Meganlisa, I'm pondering buying a second one as a backup :x. The only other thing I bought from this collection is the A/W color. Of the October releases, I'm only interested in the mascara (he's coming out with a GOLD mascara!), and then I'll be waiting for lips and boys :).

I have seen these new mascaras in person - my SA had a them.  I think there were 3 colours.

They are pretty.  But I am not into mascaras....so I didn't even try them.

I bought a blue or purple mascara (not Tom Ford) one time but ended up wasting it. They are more appropriate for party setting and we hardly go to a party anymore;)

I used to ❤️ Diorshow mascara in blue. It was gorgeous. But, I was in college. And now I have an office job 😄

Libellules....I think you have me a second away from ordering.  Imagine, what we can justify!  But, I am buying less other makeup...mostly....

Do it meganlisa! You won't regret it - I'm sure you can find a TF counter nearby and try it 🙂

I got invited to an event end of month with the regional TF makeup artist.  But I doubt I'll wait that long.  It's in my nordstrom basket...I just was doing some stuff with a friend and just finished.  Now I have a little time...

Libellules...I'm heading there in a minute...

testing