Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's Talk About NARS!

A lot of the other big beauty brands have their own threads now, so I thought, why not NARS? Let's share news about new collections, feedback on products, etc here.

The audacious thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Lips/Show-Me-Your-Audacious-Collection/m-p/1695820#M10941

SPRING 2019:

Spoiler

5B03C763-5B66-43D5-B5CD-CAD2FFB20D6A.png4B8872CB-9B16-4C47-A6A8-A5A5EB2C60B9.png0343224C-CB77-46EC-86C7-1E6ECEF0E4E2.pngD1989960-1CCB-41F1-8BC9-A04A37EEA659.png75A2963F-9578-4410-B0E9-5F9A2E8C0EC2.png2D212BE6-6675-4764-A909-009E6B40173B.pngB41A18B5-0E0F-4B2F-930C-6AD6D4324D72.png

APRIL 2019: NARS x CONNOR TINGLEY

Spoiler

Have you picked up anything from the collection so far? Do tell!

Re: Let's Talk About NARS!

I can't wait to see more of the Steven Klein holiday collection. But, I don't know if I will be getting anything because I was hoping for a LE standard blush. I haven't jumped on the DI blush thing yet... Someone convince me to!

Gwen, Jem, I'm surprised both of you haven't tried the DI blushes, TBH.  I find them a lot sheerer than the regular blushes, and I think of the both of you as sheer makeup mavens, so... 😮

But. THE SHIMMER. I don't like shimmer face. I mean, I like shimmer face, but only when it is on my terms. I think that's the main reason I'm reluctant to get them... I just prefer mattes.

Most of them actually buff down to a satin matte if you are using the right brush.  

A fluffy brush does not work with these.

Hmmm. Perhaps I do need to reconsider. Tell me more about this "no fluffy brush" thing. What kind of brush should I use with them?

Well, I bought the specific DI brush after I was having problems with mine, but any densely packed slightly stiff brush would do.  The NARS one looks like this:

Screen Shot 2015-09-22 at 5.29.25 PM.png

Hmmm. What about a flat buffing brush? I have this one, and it's really dense. I usually use it to apply my LM baked highlighter to the high points of my face.

EcoTools_Buffing.JPG

(same)

I finished depotting my blushes! Woohoo and I don't want to do it again. My ultimate highlighter/blush/bronzer palette!

image.jpg

You did a great job, I always end up damaging the products when I try to depot. I don't have the proper amount of patience for it. 

I just saw this now, vegi!  This is beautiful.  I am amazed that they all seem relatively intact.  You've given me hope to perhaps do this with my NARS some day 🙂

Thanks mocha! I took Tribulation out as I was afraid it would crumble more. What I found in getting the pan out of the compact is that if you pull too hard on one side the blush will crack, sort of like fault lines. I got better at avoiding cracks later on in the process as I got more adept at removal. Ultimately, I kept the lighter to the bottom for longer and went around the pan loosening each side before I brought the whole pan out. I did not attempt depotting on my dual intensity blush as I couldn't find the edge of the pan and didn't want to ruin it since it seems a bit softer than regular blushes.

That looks like a lot of work. But nicely done!

It was. Most of these blushes have various stages of usage, but depotting seemed to really take a toll on them. <wipes tears away> They aren't perfect looking now. I wish that Nars had more of their catalog available in single colors for the pro palette customization. Since I all ready had a large collection I didn't want to buy duplicates. 

Just curious if you had to choose one blush from NARS, what would it be? I'd probably choose cactus flower, but it was sadly discontinued 😞 

Oh lord, that's like trying to choose a favorite child. 😮

Douceur for a 'nude', Starscape or 413BLKR for a pink, or Lovejoy for a peachy orange.  If I really had to only have one, it would be Douceur, but sadly... also discontinued.  

FWIW, I think allcosmeticswholesale seems to carry cactus flower, but I've not purchased from them before, so I can't vouch for legit-ness.

I am finally buying Jungle Red lipstick.  Don't ask why I don't already have it - it is Nars and it is red. 

Things slip between the cracks people....they just do.

A+ decision, GC.

there's going to be more audies, eh? i'm already having the toughest time choosing which will be my first from the current selection. i've swatched many of them over many months now (eons, it seems) and i still can't decide. i think it has to do w/ the price tag which is why i'm being so selective. i guess i can wait for the new ones to make my decision, but i don't really want to haha..anyone have any suggestions for must have audies? i love reds, deep/dark colors, and neutrals..i think the only lipcolors that don't really work for me are peaches/corals, pale - medium pinks (most pinky pinks really,) and most pale nudes..

I vote Anna or Jane. They seem to look amazing (and different!) on everyone.

+1 for Jane! My favorite by far. Anna is too cool(-toned ;)) for me.

1 Reply
testing