Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's Talk About NARS!

A lot of the other big beauty brands have their own threads now, so I thought, why not NARS? Let's share news about new collections, feedback on products, etc here.

The audacious thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Lips/Show-Me-Your-Audacious-Collection/m-p/1695820#M10941

SPRING 2019:

Spoiler

5B03C763-5B66-43D5-B5CD-CAD2FFB20D6A.png4B8872CB-9B16-4C47-A6A8-A5A5EB2C60B9.png0343224C-CB77-46EC-86C7-1E6ECEF0E4E2.pngD1989960-1CCB-41F1-8BC9-A04A37EEA659.png75A2963F-9578-4410-B0E9-5F9A2E8C0EC2.png2D212BE6-6675-4764-A909-009E6B40173B.pngB41A18B5-0E0F-4B2F-930C-6AD6D4324D72.png

APRIL 2019: NARS x CONNOR TINGLEY

Spoiler

Have you picked up anything from the collection so far? Do tell!

Re: Let's Talk About NARS!

now i'll have to go swatch/compare in store..the more pictures i see of vip red, the more i think i have dupes..does anyone else go into sephora pre-swatched w/ stuff from your own stash so that you can figure out then and there if you really "need" an item? no? just me? 😉

I'm *obsessed* with the new Audacious mascara. It's basically perfect in my eyes 🙂

How does it compare to other mascaras that you've tried?

It's very black, lengthens and separates nicely, and adds volume. I go back and forth on mascara - I love Tarte LCA, Armani Eyes to Kill, and YSL Shocking. I'd say it's on par with any of those! Definitely a more "wet" formula though. Here's a before and after, mascara only..

nars before.jpg

nars after.jpg

Ooooh, that looks super on you!!! 🙂

I really wish Nars would release a complete Audacious lipstick vault! I remember when this vault first came out, I was so excited, until I saw it was a lipstick/nail polish vault.

s1643287-main-hero-300.jpg

Oh man, I almost hope they don't release one because I'm sure it would be soooo much money, and I would have absolutely no willpower to talk myself out of it!! 😄

The nail polishes were a bummer.

A full vault would be fantastic, but it takes the fun out of the hours & hours spent looking at swatches and reviews for that perfect shade..

Seconded. Get on this, Nars!

My favourite NARS product (mind you, I don't typically use eye makeup and so forth of any brand) are their Satin lip pencils and other lip formulas in general.

I highly recommend them.

What she said! In less than a million words! Who knew it could be done??!!

😄

I briefly saw this thread earlier today but couldn't get in it because of the crazy traffic. Thanks for starting this, Mocha! I'm a fan of Nars for, oh maybe 7 or 8 years and surprising my first item I purchased was Nico blush. Now I am very fair and didn't actually buy it to be a blush and never even wore it as a highlighter yet. I wore it exclusively as my only eyeshadow for probably a year or 2 and it works beautifully to even out my reddish eyelids. Back when I got it I only wore eyeliner and mascara, no eyeshadow (I made up for it since!).

I have since acquired many items incl lipsticks, more blush, eye shadows, etc. I've been impressed by their overall consistently good quality. 

I ordered (finally!) VIP red and mainly got the push from meganlisa after I saw her video, thanks btw for the review Megan! I should have it by Thursday, can't wait!!

Yesterday I went to the mall to exchange some things and at the FS Sephora I wandered down the Nars aisle first to swatch some "blushes," mainly wanting to look at the highlighting ones. However their selection was a bit disappointing. I swatched Albatross which I'd been eyeing online for a year. But I had a few other things in my bag already and was trying to stay on budget. Plus I have a zillion highlighters. 

Well once I got to SiJCP which had a few of the ones I wanted to swatch (but not New Order), I broke down and got Albatross. It was just too beautiful to leave behind!! Oh yeah that's right, I have Taj Mahal coming tomorrow. All these orangey red shade lipsticks (that I accrued mainly from Bite) made me want that beautiful orange blush. Who the heck knows if orange lips and cheeks will be too much but I don't care! I just had this vision in my mind and  well, you know how that story goes! Lol!

Now this new 413 BLKR blush. Ugh. I haven't looked for any reviews, don't even want to, just want that darn blush. I may need to order that soon and then declare a Code Blue for my bank account as it already needs resuscitation.

I've only tried the Audacious mascara once and thought it was okay. But I surely haven't declared it DOA so there's hope and I will try it again next time I wear mascara. I've been taking the summer off to have surgeries (when it rains, it pours), so I've been wearing the least amount of make up in general, for the last several months. I'm getting back on track though! I've got too many beautiful things to utilize! It's exciting!!

The End...for now! 😄

Edit: nope, there more! I finally was reading through some comments and forgot that I also have recently acquired Telesto and Pasiphae DI eye shadows. Love....they make me happy too! 🙂

That blush duo is calling my name! I wish I could swatch it in person though. 

Me too! I won't likely get the chance to swatch it either but I'm sure I could find a lot of friends to take it off my hands if I don't like it...but who am I kidding?! I'll definitely at least like it!

I'm pretty new to makeup but recently I tried NARS radiant creamy concealer and I am in love!  This is the only concealer that doesn't crease ridiculously fast under my eyes!  After reading through some of these posts I'm excited to try out more products from this brand!

Oh man, I can't wait to get my hands on the Tribulation blush and Pasiphae shadow! Any idea when they will be released?

Pasiphae was up on the US side, but I haven't seen it on the Canadian site yet.

While all the nonsense was going on, Canada Post dropped off my stuff from Murale.  

Tribulation and vip red

ima0810153ge.jpg

I'm definitely in love with Tribulation.  

What are this?????  Is that a highlighter?

Why, why, why me?

You and me both, GC.

Sigh.  I guess I will check it out.  

testing