Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Bobbi Brown Thread

The Bobbi Brown thread.  Bobbi Brown was the first brand that got me excited about makeup.  So I'll always have a soft spot for BB.  And now Sephora has the amazing 25 year year palette.

Note, the holiday lip shade is sold out on Nordstrom.  I'm going to be watching for it on Sephora's site.

bobbi.jpg

Re: Bobbi Brown Thread

It's not my idea; I actually got it from Trish McEvoy (not Trish herself, from a video or one of her kits.)  In case you thought we would just be hanging out one day, talking about makeup. 😉

I was too lazy to even do easy makeup last weekend and I went to return a Lancome (gasp!) lipstick.  I was in very casual clothing, no eyebrows enhanced, hair wild, and lashes not showing very well.

The cashier suggested that I might like Butter London because it was a good lipstick and it doesn't cost a lot of money like Lancome!

Maybe she was trying to be helpful, but I do wonder if I just looked like I couldn't afford Lancome.  The power of makeup... 

@Ispend2much6 People treat us differently based on what we wear.  It's such a sad reality but is so true.  I'm So California based so it's especially true here.  What amazes me is that if I head to Beverly Hills and Rodeo drive they always treat me well...regardless of how I'm dressed...because it's the Disneyland of shopping and they act accordingly.

I'm going to try your Trish tip!

That is surprising!  What you say is true.

Hi meganlisa,

What a great idea to start a Bobbi thread! I too have a soft spot for the brand. I just loved those rectangular shimmer brick palettes and would ask for them for bday gifts back in the day 🙂 

I love these Shimmer Bricks we have on the site now and I loved using the Illuminating Bronzing Powder over the summer.

Anyways, thanks for posting!

Best,

Mali

@MaliBT I have the shimmer bricks palette in my loves and will likely be buying it very soon.  Such a steal.  There were so many things on the site so fast, deciding got tough.  But it just might be a must have.

Bobbi Brown was the first brand that really got me buying makeup.  I was so new to looking polished and I remember walking away with the taupe eyeshadow, brown and nude lipsticks, pink blush and that foundation stick.  Then I moved on to bronzer and a shimmer lipstick (raspberry, different than the raspberry today).  Beach is still a favorite scent and I never run out.

Seems like the brand deserves it's own thread!

http://www.sephora.com/bobbi-to-glow-shimmer-brick-palette-P413011?skuId=1857580

I don't own a single shimmer brick and I am definately eyeing up this one! I can't decide between this and the Laura Mercier..decisions decisions.

I have my eyes on this. Hopefully it is still around during Nov sale.

@blackkitty2014 That's my plan too!  I'm hoping it lasts long enough for the sale.  Great deal but still expensive.

@meganlisa, I picked up the palette during the in-store Rouge event but have not touched it yet.  It's so sad that I don't want to mess up the pretty shimmers by swirling a brush in it. 😞 I'll use it eventually...probably when I'm done staring at it (maybe Christmas?).

@angelKiss24 If you do swirl I'd love to hear your thoughts.  Must have?  I can totally understand why you don't want to touch it.  So lovely!

@meganlisa

Totally! I love it. Yeah purchases can definitely be hard to decide. I might need to get the Bobbi To Glow 🙂 I don't have that yet! 

Best,

Mali

@MaliBT The palette will be mine...I just might wait until the VIB sale, hoping it lasts.  So many lovelies lately!

Thanks for starting this thread, @meganlisa!  🙂

@Titian06 You're welcome.  Appreciate the support.  Bobbi got me started loving makeup.  The brand needs it's own thread!

Bobbi

NY, limited edition blush and beach (always dear to my heart).

bobbi ny.jpgbobbi blush.jpgbobbi beach.jpg

BB really upped their game with these city palettes. They are gorgeous in person (I saw them at Nordstroms but didn't swatch). Lovely packaging and pretty, wearable color combinations. 

@lipstick4soul Agreed.  They're so practical too.  I used to have a small BB palette when I traveled all of the time for work and it was perfect.  Great basic, and always appropriate.  I should go swatch these!

@meganlisa  I saw a demo of all 3 cities' palettes on Youtube (BBPro Hannah Martin's channel.)  Now I really want both Paris and New York!

Did you know about the free $30 off of $80 purchase at Gilt City for Bobbi Brown cosmetics?

@Ispend2much6 I got the gilt promo.  But, and call me totally crazy and delusional (I know, I know) but I really believe that I will get that Sephora BB rewards from the bazaar.  No, my chances aren't good and, try though I may, seemingly I can never get those stupid rewards.  But this year will be different!!!  So I'm not using my gilt promo until after I try (and probably loose) that BB reward.

What did you get?  Or still holding out as well?

Sorry @meganlisa, the BB reward will be mine. Lol 🙂

@blackkitty2014 There will be more than one!  We should have a deal...if...after we get it...we send the other a head's up PM (not before because it might go OOS)!

If we miss it...well...we can cry together!

6 Replies
testing