Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Bobbi Brown Thread

The Bobbi Brown thread.  Bobbi Brown was the first brand that got me excited about makeup.  So I'll always have a soft spot for BB.  And now Sephora has the amazing 25 year year palette.

Note, the holiday lip shade is sold out on Nordstrom.  I'm going to be watching for it on Sephora's site.

bobbi.jpg

Re: Bobbi Brown Thread

Lovely!  On my list!!!

saw this set at Nordstrom, it says the highlighting powder is in "opal glow", is that a new shade? 😄

_13047059.jpg

@RachM89,  Some of these Bobbi Brown highlighting powders look so pretty, I'm tempted to buy them just to look at and never use! (In case they are too sparkly to use!)  They just look like works of art!  🙂

Somehow, these threads get me thinking about spending more money.  I love how opal glow looks!

What a great idea to make a Bobbi Brown thread! I also have a *very* soft spot for her. I mostly bought her line when I first started wearing makeup in my early 20s, and still love her neutral eyes and muted lips. I have many Bobbi Brown staples because her whole line is so wearable.

I wish the Bobbi Brown website had its holiday collection up already though 😮 I just purchased a face powder thing that is apparently also available in a pretty gold case in the holiday collection.

Agreed!  It's frustrating when the brands don't have the holiday stuff up and you need to go store to store online to see it.  Soon maybe?

I hope so. I might want that eye palette 😛

EDIT: the holiday stuff is available on Bobbi Brown direct under 'palettes and sets'

Going there now...

How are their eye shadows? I don't know why I'm under the impression their shadows aren't as good as others, maybe from reading reviews over the years? I do love their shimmer brick and foundation though.

edit: Lapse of memory, lol. I do have an individual eyeshadow and like it. But I think from reading reviews on the palettes sometimes those are hit or miss?

@misscg I find the palettes to be hit or miss as well.  The individual shadows are more consistent.  The brand went through a sheer/shimmery/glittery phase with some of the palettes.  If you like that, they were great (but a lot of people didn't).  I feel like lately they're going back to their more consistent, classic looks.  

O wow, so I wasn't imagining it then. I'm eyeing the different palettes up on Nordstrom and they're so pretty.

@misscg The ones that look more conservative are usually better.  The ones that have the brights and glitters tend to be the problem (IMO).  I actually like the glittery sheer shades...so I like those more creative palettes.  But I think I'm in the minority.

I remember reading reviews of one palette in particular that people were really disappointed with. It was beachy or pastel colors, I think? I remember thinking it was really pretty and then reading the reviews and changing my mind about getting it.

Surf and sand about 3 years ago I bet. I've never had a problem with quality on any of the singles. 

I find them hit or miss to be honest. Most individual shadows are great, some palettes are good, some others really not.

Party to go and a lip gloss set up on Nordstrom (coming to Sephora?)

bb party.jpg

How lovely. I really like the look of this palette as well:

Screenshot_2016-09-16-08-44-57-1.png

oh i really want this now...please come to sephora for the nov sale

@TriesToBoClassy Agreed!   It's one of those always works palettes.

Yes! I love interesting nude palettes. I want that taupey satiny(?) shadow in the middle 😍

The lipstick shade is True Rose.  Hmm..I don't have that one. 🙂

3 Replies
testing