Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Bobbi Brown Thread

The Bobbi Brown thread.  Bobbi Brown was the first brand that got me excited about makeup.  So I'll always have a soft spot for BB.  And now Sephora has the amazing 25 year year palette.

Note, the holiday lip shade is sold out on Nordstrom.  I'm going to be watching for it on Sephora's site.

bobbi.jpg

Re: Bobbi Brown Thread

Bobbi brown direct has 25% off sets...discount applied in the basket (no code).  You go to the last call section.  This might tempt me to use my gilt coupon.  We shall see (or do I hold out for the lipstick set...?).

@meganlisa I don't want to tempt you too much :), but did you know that you can claim up to 5 of those Gilt Bobbi Brown vouchers? You can use one for this deal and then use another one on the lipstick set if/when it pops up!

@lippieaddict19 I did not know that!  Now, off to Gilt I go....

I was out all day so hopefully what I wanted on the BB site didn't sell out.  I really want that eye palette and a few other things...but also wanted the lip set so...

I bought 3...and I don't even know if I like sparkly makeup. (Shimmer brick, the other items like it.)

@Ispend2much6 I hope you love everything.  Did you get the set with the lipstick?  I wear sparkly or shimmer all of the time.  The key for me is not to use too much (so mix in some mattes so everything doesn't shimmer).  This sale is a great way to try the shimmer brick!  Can't wait to hear what you think!!!

@meganlisa  That's good advice!  Thanks!  I got the new Party to Go palette with the lipstick, the Get Glowing set with the Rose Shimmer Brick; the Ready Set Pretty kit with the Brightening Brick in Pink, the brush, and the Sandwash Pink lipstick; and the Brightening Finishing Powder in Nude and the Luxe lipstick in Russian Doll. 

@Ispend2much6 You got some lovely items!  Can't wait to hear what you think.  What I like about your selection is that a lot of it is every day perfect and always workable.  I'm going to go look at the party to go palette again.  That one is tote-able as well.

Looks like Bobby Brown offers a lot cool sets (spotted in Nordstrom, I didn`t see any of this items in Sephora).

_10659839.jpgSecret to Standout Eyes' Set Nordstrom Exclusive $85 

_11837001.jpgEverything Eyes Palette $75

Beauty Book 95$_12973838.jpg

New beautiful Bobby Brown sets at Nordstrom: perfect nude lips and perfect pink lips.

_13112213.jpg_13112238.jpg

Love!!!!

Thank you @meganlisa for this post.  I love Bobbi Brown and have my eye on this palette.  It's crazy expensive but I hope it's around during the Rouge discount because I'm all about the nude shades.  I adore the packaging too.  I think this has to be on my must have list. 

@AMK721 This palette is the perfect thing to get during the sale!  Nordstrom had it earlier, it sold out and then restocked...so hopefully that means the people who had to have it full price already bought it!

I'm with you on the nudes.  So easy to get ready in the morning and look polished and appropriate.

I haven't yet decided what I'm getting during the sale.  So much temptation!

Here are comparison photos for the official BB Union Jack eyeliner and the real life one.

Officially released image:

unionjack.jpg

Real life image- sorry I'm not a good photographer.

IMG_1775.JPG

Thanks for posting this image! I've been curious about what that color truly looks like. It looks lovely, but definitely more purple than the sales image.

Gorgeous color!  I think I need to get a second job so I can get all the Bobbi Brown products I want!

I understand the feeling! 

Beautiful!

I'm happy to see a Bobbi Brown thread! I've also got something of a soft spot for BB. I was obsessed with Kate Winslet's look in Titanic and read an article about how to achieve the look. It listed a tonne of BB products, and that's how I fell in love the the brand.

I bought the highlight powder in "afternoon glow" and it arrived in the mail just yesterday. 🙂 It's absolutely stunning. I can't wait to use it.

I also loved Kate Winslet's look in Titanic.  I like new eyeshadow library and think I'll pick it up during the sale.  I saw Tati review it on her Youtube channel and it looks like something I'd use everyday.  To me, Bobbi Brown's line is classy and showcases natural beauty.  

Ah, Kate Winslet in Titanic was amazing.  I didn't know that was BB but totally can see her makeup being used for that look.

How would you describe afternoon glow?  I don't have it?  Glad to hear it's lovely!

I have swatches of Telluride and Afternoon Glow. I think I deleted the pics off my iPad but the swatches are  on my instagram. They are both so gorgeous. The formula is more of that gelee powder I guess like the Mac in extra dimension highlights. @meganlisa

I would recommend Afternoon Glow if you like that formula. I find it's not the most forgiving formula if one has enlarged pores or texture issues ..sorry for rudely interrupting this conversation 😂 

I will I'll try posting pics here when I can...

testing