Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Bobbi Brown Thread

The Bobbi Brown thread.  Bobbi Brown was the first brand that got me excited about makeup.  So I'll always have a soft spot for BB.  And now Sephora has the amazing 25 year year palette.

Note, the holiday lip shade is sold out on Nordstrom.  I'm going to be watching for it on Sephora's site.

bobbi.jpg

Re: Bobbi Brown Thread

@jesscheems You aren't interrupting!  Thanks for the input.  I love the in extra dimension formula so will check these out.  I'm lucky I don't have pore issues but do avoid super metallic textures (no flashing light look needed thanks!).  I was out most of the day so will be going back to BB in a minute...with my discount code!

@meganlisa No problem! I tried the both together the first time and liked how they looked. I was going to say with your flawless skin you might just like this formula! 😃 I bought them from The Bay in Canada and was so happy to get them..I think Afternoon Glow is OOS on Sephora in Canada.I might be getting Bronze Glow later this year =D

@jesscheems I'm heading to Gilt (to get another coupon code) then to BB.  I almost bought these before...then got distracted by something else...

You know how that goes!

All too well 😄

I'm trying to find that article, it's driving me crazy. Tina Earnshaw was the makeup artist, but I distinctly remember this magazine listing a bunch of BB products used to get her look. Hopefully I can find it. Now that I've thought of it I really want to know exactly what products were mentioned.

Afternoon Glow is kind of a rose/copper colour with quite a bit of shimmer in it. I picked it over Telluride and Sunset Glow because the online consensus was that it was the best shade for fair skin. I haven't tried it out on my face yet, but my first impression is that it will be a fantastic summer highlight. I think it'll look great, especially alongside some bronzer. 🙂

@Asche Sounds lovely! 

The BB look is so perfect for any of those natural ones....like KW in the movie.  If you find the article I'd be curious.  I so remember learning about how to look like you have no makeup but still have makeup from the BB counter, way back when.

I'm going to check out the highlight!

I don't own anything Bobbi Brown, but that palette on the main post is gorgeous ❤️

I also don't yet own any Bobbi, but man it is all really gorgeous. My hesitation for the shadows is all the shimmers. I think my first delve will be the lipsticks

@Samtian The palette is stunning.  BB was the first brand that got me excited about makeup.  Try something?

I'm thinking about trying one of the single eyeshadows.

Which?  First I ever bought was taupe, and it's so perfect.  

@meganlisa I like the look of Banana. 

@Samtian beautiful!  I can see that on you.  It's so subtle yet different.  That's the type of shade I think the brand does so well.  I'd love to hear what you think if you do decide to get it!

@Samtian Forgot to tag you...

Bobbi Brown's Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Union Jack; the promo photo below does not display the correct color. 

It is even more beautiful!  I look at it and think, "Is it navy, or is it purple?"  It's definitely cool-toned, and has a lavender iridescence mixed in!unionjack.jpg

Ooh that is beautiful. 

It's darker and a little more purple, if that makes sense.

oooh, that sounds pretty. I've really been loving her bright gel eyeliners lately, I just got the ivy shimmer and it's gorgeous!

I need to look at that one!

@Ispend2much6,  I love the color that you are describing!  🙂

I haven't seen anything else like it. 

7 Replies
testing