Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What are you watching? (Don't be a spoil sport - spoiler your spoilers)

We're blabbing about everything else these days, I figured I'd check in and see what people are watching when it comes to TV shows and movies!

It would be foolish to think that this thread could remain spoiler free, so let's be courteous to one another and be sure to spoiler your spoilers. If you don't know how, it's that super adorable little yellow button on the toolbar, located to the right of the bold/italic/underline/strikeout buttons. 

DONT FORGET: If you happen to be the most recent post, your first sentence or two of your post will show up EVEN IF ITS IN A SPOILER. So please take care if you're going to go dropping spoiler bombs. 

Anywho... I just saw the movie PHOENIX last night and it was absolutely spectacular. Like Academy Award spectacular. If you're fortunate enough have showings in your area, I cannot urge you enough to go see it. 

phoenix

So whatcha'll watchin' these days? What are you anxiously waiting for to start back up? 

Re: What are you watching? (Don't be a spoil sport - spoiler your spoilers)

IMG_2632.jpeg
Watching this last night. If you like Along Came A Spider or Kiss The Girl, you would like this 😘 I think it’s pretty good

@blackkitty2014 I saw that a while back.  I didn't know it was based on a James Patterson book.

Just finished The Gentlemen. It’s a goofy series

IMG_2622.jpeg

I kind of loved it @blackkitty2014 ! 😆

Me too @Sunnysmom . That main actor has so much going on for him 😘

Just finished Purple Hearts and started Cobra Kai. 

"The Bear", Season 3  will return on June 27, 2024!  On HULU.

I'm so excited for this, and also for "Only Murders In The Building" Season 4, to return!  

(See itsfi's announcement below.)

@tsavorite I love The Bear. I think this is the final season 😥

@makeitup305 ,

I hadn't heard that!  I hope it isn't true!  Waaah!

• I've been on an anime kick the past couple of weeks and I'm almost done with both Frieren and Apothecary Diaries. I watch them dubbed on Amazon Prime with a Crunchyroll subsription. I've realized that I enjoy anime much more if it's dubbed, just because the inflection is less dramatic and seems more natural. I've really enjoyed both but prefer Apothecary Diaries. 
  • I finished Shogun on Hulu which is really well acted.
  • I also saw Madame Web and it's soooo bad. I'd heard it was terrible and they weren't exaggerating. 
  • 3 Body Problem on Netflix was also good but I didn't love the ending. They're supposed to come out with a second season.

@makeitup305 I need to watch Madame Web still. I'm not a fan of Dakota but I watch most all Marvel comic things so I need to do it lol. 

@Samtian It’s baaaad. Like Morbius bad (I couldn’t finish that one). My boyfriend and I hate watched it together. I’m a diehard Marvel fan but Sony just misses the mark more often than not. They need to stick to animated movies like Across the Spiderverse. 

Only Murders In the Building announced the release date for Season 4 - Tuesday, August 27
Photo credit: HuluPhoto credit: Hulu

Season 4 cast includes
  • Steve Martin
  • Martin Short
  • Selena Gomez
  • Melissa McCarthy
  • Meryl Streep
  • Jane Lynch
  • Michael Cyril Creighton
  • Da'Vine Joy Randolph
  • Eugene Levy
  • Eva Longoria
  • Kumail Nanjiani
  • Zach Galifianakis
  • Molly Shannon
  • Richard Kind

Such a dynamic trio! Looking forward to seeing the new characters 💕 @itsfi 

@itsfi ,

I was so thrilled to see this announcement today!  I love to see Selena Gomez in this.

She really does a great job in this series @tsavorite! And her wardrobe for the show is great! 😁

@itsfi ,

I agree! 

@itsfi I just started season 3.  I liked the first season the best.  I'm concerned that the show may be more focused on big name cast and not enough on story.  What do you think?

@greeneyedgirl107, the first season is the best, in my mind, but that is often the case. I thought Season 2 had some great episdoes as well. I feel like I read an online article about Season 4 that shared your concerns, but I can't say without having seen any episodes of Season 4. Yes, there's a lot more notable names among the cast than in seasons past but I haven't seen any spoilers for the storyline for Season 4 other than what I learned in the previous season and I think there's a lot of promise for Season 4 based on that.  

@itsfi what did you think of season 3?  I'm about 3 episodes in, and it's been a let down.

testing