Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What are you watching? (Don't be a spoil sport - spoiler your spoilers)

We're blabbing about everything else these days, I figured I'd check in and see what people are watching when it comes to TV shows and movies!

It would be foolish to think that this thread could remain spoiler free, so let's be courteous to one another and be sure to spoiler your spoilers. If you don't know how, it's that super adorable little yellow button on the toolbar, located to the right of the bold/italic/underline/strikeout buttons. 

DONT FORGET: If you happen to be the most recent post, your first sentence or two of your post will show up EVEN IF ITS IN A SPOILER. So please take care if you're going to go dropping spoiler bombs. 

Anywho... I just saw the movie PHOENIX last night and it was absolutely spectacular. Like Academy Award spectacular. If you're fortunate enough have showings in your area, I cannot urge you enough to go see it. 

phoenix

So whatcha'll watchin' these days? What are you anxiously waiting for to start back up? 

Re: What are you watching? (Don't be a spoil sport - spoiler your spoilers)

@tsavorite I love The Bear. I think this is the final season 😥

@makeitup305 ,

I hadn't heard that!  I hope it isn't true!  Waaah!

• I've been on an anime kick the past couple of weeks and I'm almost done with both Frieren and Apothecary Diaries. I watch them dubbed on Amazon Prime with a Crunchyroll subsription. I've realized that I enjoy anime much more if it's dubbed, just because the inflection is less dramatic and seems more natural. I've really enjoyed both but prefer Apothecary Diaries. 
  • I finished Shogun on Hulu which is really well acted.
  • I also saw Madame Web and it's soooo bad. I'd heard it was terrible and they weren't exaggerating. 
  • 3 Body Problem on Netflix was also good but I didn't love the ending. They're supposed to come out with a second season.

@makeitup305 I need to watch Madame Web still. I'm not a fan of Dakota but I watch most all Marvel comic things so I need to do it lol. 

@Samtian It’s baaaad. Like Morbius bad (I couldn’t finish that one). My boyfriend and I hate watched it together. I’m a diehard Marvel fan but Sony just misses the mark more often than not. They need to stick to animated movies like Across the Spiderverse. 

Only Murders In the Building announced the release date for Season 4 - Tuesday, August 27
Photo credit: HuluPhoto credit: Hulu

Season 4 cast includes
  • Steve Martin
  • Martin Short
  • Selena Gomez
  • Melissa McCarthy
  • Meryl Streep
  • Jane Lynch
  • Michael Cyril Creighton
  • Da'Vine Joy Randolph
  • Eugene Levy
  • Eva Longoria
  • Kumail Nanjiani
  • Zach Galifianakis
  • Molly Shannon
  • Richard Kind

Such a dynamic trio! Looking forward to seeing the new characters 💕 @itsfi 

@itsfi ,

I was so thrilled to see this announcement today!  I love to see Selena Gomez in this.

She really does a great job in this series @tsavorite! And her wardrobe for the show is great! 😁

@itsfi ,

I agree! 

@itsfi I just started season 3.  I liked the first season the best.  I'm concerned that the show may be more focused on big name cast and not enough on story.  What do you think?

@greeneyedgirl107, the first season is the best, in my mind, but that is often the case. I thought Season 2 had some great episdoes as well. I feel like I read an online article about Season 4 that shared your concerns, but I can't say without having seen any episodes of Season 4. Yes, there's a lot more notable names among the cast than in seasons past but I haven't seen any spoilers for the storyline for Season 4 other than what I learned in the previous season and I think there's a lot of promise for Season 4 based on that.  

@itsfi what did you think of season 3?  I'm about 3 episodes in, and it's been a let down.

@greeneyedgirl107, I thought it had a slow start to it; there are a few good episodes, but if I'm remembering right, they take place near the end of the season. Season 3 wasn't my favorite but the lead-in it provides for the new upcoming season is good.

@itsfi thanks for the insight!

Just finished watching The Idea of You and I really liked it. 

Watched "Runaway Jury" last night because cable news compared it to what is going on now with jury selection. 

I also watched "Footloose" for the first time which is odd since I love 80s movies.  Liked it, but thought it'd have more dancing. 

I like tabloid TV, so I watched stuff on Hulu like "Sins of the Parents," TMZ about Lisa Marie Presley's death, something about Ruby Franke.

I also watched a Hallmark/Day Spring movie that was faith-based.  Kind of an Easter movie about gardening.   Liked it. I kind of needed something like that!

Also 80s: "Body Double."

The Mallorca Files.png

Almost through Season 1 of The Mallorca Files - 10 episodes total. Season 2 was cut to 6 episodes due to Covid-19 shut downs at the time of filming. I read that Season 3 was filmed last year and may be available this year. 

Each episode centers on a crime that the two leads work together to solve and runs about 45 minutes. The two main characters are British and German detectives who find themselves on the Spanish island of Mallorca, which from the scenes, is a beautiful locale and one I may have to add to my list of places to visit.

Currently watching Shogun on Hulu and Invincible on Amazon Prime. Very different, but I highly recommend both! 

skip if you don’t like bloody stuff.

I am completely obsessed with Gotham. I've never watched it before. I was always team Marvel over DC. Earlier this year I watched the Batman movies with Christian Bale and really liked them. So I watched the new one with Robert, it's ok. So I started Gotham. I can't stop. I don't want the end to come. I'm on season 3. Alfred is my current love of my life. 

Movies/shows I've recently watched (over several weeks)

• "One Day", the series. It was good but not a love.
  • "Anyone but You", which I thought was terrible.
  • "Marry My Husband", which started off really great but dragged on way too long. The male main character had no facial expression 90% of the time, but I'm not sure if it was meant to be on purpose since he's depicted as kind of stoic/unemotional? Regardless, I was ready for it to be over by the end of it. "King the Land" was the same. It should have been condensed a bit.
  • Jujutsu Kaisen Season 1&2. I loved it. Half of season 1 kind of dragged but Season 2 was so good. It made me actually read the manga to find out what happened. I don't think manga is for me but I look forward to future seasons of the anime.
  • I saw the "Through My Window" 2&3 (in the original Spanish) and liked them but they're just ok. I really enjoyed the first one and read the book.
  • "Upgraded" was a cute little romcom. Better than Anyone but You imo.

If you need something to really watch, go see "Dune 2". It's sooo good! The special effects are amazing. I can't say how close it is to the books, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

testing