Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What are you watching? (Don't be a spoil sport - spoiler your spoilers)

We're blabbing about everything else these days, I figured I'd check in and see what people are watching when it comes to TV shows and movies!

It would be foolish to think that this thread could remain spoiler free, so let's be courteous to one another and be sure to spoiler your spoilers. If you don't know how, it's that super adorable little yellow button on the toolbar, located to the right of the bold/italic/underline/strikeout buttons. 

DONT FORGET: If you happen to be the most recent post, your first sentence or two of your post will show up EVEN IF ITS IN A SPOILER. So please take care if you're going to go dropping spoiler bombs. 

Anywho... I just saw the movie PHOENIX last night and it was absolutely spectacular. Like Academy Award spectacular. If you're fortunate enough have showings in your area, I cannot urge you enough to go see it. 

phoenix

So whatcha'll watchin' these days? What are you anxiously waiting for to start back up? 

Re: What are you watching? (Don't be a spoil sport - spoiler your spoilers)

Titus is my favourite! His "Pinot Noir" song had me in stitches 

I have watched Unbreakable!  It was cute....

I might have to watch the Gift with my girlfriend.

I highly recommend it but I warn you it's pretty messed up so not for everyone!

Katie - did you see another movie of the same name (The Gift) from a few years ago? 

It had Katie Holmes.  Good one! 

Another good one with Katie Holmes was "Abandon" (Much better than the IMDb ratings would have you believe)

I haven't seen either... Maybe I should have a Katie Holmes marathon this weekend 🙂

Been bingeing Last Man Standing on Netflix lately. They do a lot of nods to Home Improvement which I LOVED. they have a lot of political dialogue too, similar to that of Family Ties but not nearly as sophisticated. The middle daughter steals my heart. 

I've been rewatching "Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries." Set in 1920s Australia, Miss Fisher is an upperclass woman who uses her wits and incredible cheekbones to solve crimes, pairing up with an equally intelligent and handsome police detective.

The storylines can be farfetched, but THE CLOTHES. I would like to be Essie Davis when I grow up. (Season 3 is up on Netflix if other fans didn't notice.)

missfisher

Anonymous Insider

I've watched some of this and enjoyed it!! But I need to go back and finish it. ANd yes, the clothes are amazing. 

Anonymous Insider

I binged on that show a couple months ago.  It did leave me wondering how I get those cheek bones.  Anyone have any ideas?

Miss Fisher's ... is like 55 minutes of eye candy an episode.  The clothing is so beautiful.  The stories, however, I swear that knowing someone who may know [Lady] Private Detectives is deadly!  Despite living in smaller towns, it seems that everyone she knew had a family member find himself murdered.  Dangerous, ha!

Season 3 was just put up on Netflix a few weeks ago, Rachel, in case you missed it and were interested. 

And yes, it has the "Murder, She Wrote" curse. Knowing Phryne Fisher is a dangerous business, but she might also let you borrow a hat, so it's worth it. 😉

YES.  I may have bought this hat entirely in an effort to become her... 🙂49085903.jpeg

I'm not familiar with the show, but that's a sharp looking hat! 

Get thee to Netflix, SheWhoSkis! 🙂

Ha! We don't have Netflix at this time. Hulu, Amazon Prime, cable/HBO. A few years ago, they kept raising their costs and reducing their movies. My husband objected to that approach and we haven't had it since. 

But … hats. I should make my case. Also, I'm sure my 4 yr old would love Octonauts (he only sees it when grandma is in town and logs into Netflix). 

I heartily approve!

phryne

I started watching Hemlock Grove a couple days ago and am already on Season 3, just finished episode 8, only to find out that they cancelled the show and there is no more beyond this season.  I really hate when this happens and it seems to happen to shows I like a lot.  Sigh.

Anonymous Insider

I'm on the other end, I loved Season one and I hate that they brought back Shelly (and recast her). I was so happy with the idea of her having gotten away from the crazy. Season 2 was really weird and season three was off the rails. I'm glad they stopped before it made it to the ravine.

I agree season 2 and 3 (still haven't finished it and not sure I even want to since there isn't any more) were weird and kept getting weirder but I like that.  I wish Shelly had gotten away from everything also.  I always felt bad for her.  

Anonymous Insider

I'll need to look into this!

Just started marathoning Broad City on Hulu. SO good.

upload_2948543198777942188.gif

Started Broad City yesterday and will probably be caught up by tomorrow night. 

Amazing stuff. 

8 Replies
testing