Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Things are crazy now. I think we are all trying to stay healthy and maintain sanity as well. I thought I would start this thread so folks can check in and discuss how they're doing. I want all my BIC friends to be okay. I will kick this off with a first post. Take care of yourself lovelies.

Re: Health and Sanity Check-Ins

@eshoe   😜 I suppose it’s fun the first couple times using one.  The novelty wears off quickly when you realize once you start cleaning a large area you have to finish or the ground will be two very distinctly different colours!  😭

Yeah I think that novelty would take me a couple of hours, @heartsmyface  hopefully I’d be finished by then.  I told my husband I wanted one for my birthday this year and didn’t get it. Not giving up hope🤨

@eshoe Pssssst- ask Santa for a pressure washer;);).  Santa knows you deserve one!  

Wow this takes me back @heartsmyface...

I lost all hope for one in the chaos of this year. It’s a much better choice than the gimmicky mask maker I was eyeing, for real;)

@eshoe   Yeah, seems like forever ago.  I was looking back at happier covid times (I can’t believe that’s even a thing, but when it seemed more temporary) 

What is this mask maker you speak of?  That sounds fun!  

I deleted my screenshots after finding the mold itself for around $12 with 1.5 out of 5 stars, @heartsmyface. Alas, my dreams of kiwi-strawberry glitter hydrogels are dashed.

923C87C7-CFD4-4238-BF5A-4B182C0BA55C.jpeg

@WinglessOne  Speaking if getting projects done, time to finally get around to painting the walls.   It’s only been three years and not one wall is painted.    And I guess this will help me fulfil my New Years résolution to cook more at home.   

We haven’t had time to go into panic mode though I feel like we’ll be okay with our regular stash of items for a while.  Hopefully things will level out by the time we need anything and if not we can adapt.  

I’m glad you were able to get out and clear your head with some fresh air.  I enjoy alone time but it’s good to get out for sanity's sake.  Do I want to know what a Chirish shirt is?  

Waiting to find out if my cousin has COVID 19. He is in Seattle and had the test done a few days ago. They told him it would’ve a few days or possibly next week. He has a primary immune deficiency. Wife pregnant and young child. I have a primary immune deficiency myself and also work for a physician that cares for immune deficient patients.

My mom says he is feeling better than he was but is quarantined in his home away from his wife and child. It doesn’t seem real until you know someone who might have it. 

@jen81 I've been feeling anxious but can't imagine how it would be with a baby on the way. Hoping everything turns out well for you and your family.

Fingers crossed for you and your family @jen81   It’s also important to keep things in perspective. If he does have it he will most likely get over it quickly with minimal intervention. 

Good luck to your, your brother, and his family, @jen81!

Good luck to you, your brother, and his family, @jen81!

Hugs to you, @jen81. Hoping everyone recovers quickly/is not ill from it 💗

@jen81   Hugs. That’s got to be so hard on him not being able to see the people who are of the most comfort to him.   Hopefully it’s negative. 

Health Check in No. 1

I’m in the healthcare industry so I still have to report to work despite the shelter in place order in the bay. Things were pretty much all normal up until yesterday when I felt a cold coming on. I ignored the extreme fatigue symptoms of last week and brushed it off as just not getting enough sleep but today I woke up realizing I’ve for sure caught a bug. Luckily I know my body pretty well and it feels like just a bad cold but I did get sent home this morning so I’ve been home resting, doing some online shopping and masking away 😬 I did a Skin Laundry sheet mask last night and I’m currently doing the OleHenriksen Phat Glow mask as I type. My boss commented on how pale I looked today so you know I had to come home and do a brightening mask 💁🏼‍♀️

I’ll probably take the week off just to be safe and of course to prevent any germ spreading on my behalf. 

67DE568B-DF83-4480-BEA2-F94510DE5A54.jpeg

Hope you feel better soon, @gonerogue !  In the meantime, enjoy your self-care!  💖💖💖

Take care @gonerogue and glad you checked in. Definitely...

Take care @gonerogue and glad you checked in. Definitely keep up the teas and healthy items to pump you back into shape.

I hope you feel better soon @gonerogue!

@gonerogue ,

It's kind of depressing that you look beautiful even without makeup, with a mask on, and having a bad cold!  I will try not to judge you!  🙂 

I hope that you feel well really soon. 

Get well soon, @gonerogue!

Get well soon, @gonerogue!

@gonerogue Ah sorry you’re feeling sick.  What a time to get a cold!  
Well, you look super cute in your pink donut sprinkles hair wrap and lol, fair girl problems.  If I tell anyone I’m ill, they tell me I’m looking pale every time without fail.  😏
Take care of yourself and feel better! 

@gonerogue Feel better love.

testing