Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Maybe I should have known this but I'm glad there's a video putting this out here. I swear I watch some videos and I'm like how does this chick have literally no pores, scars, dark spots...uh anything and the makeup looks flawless. Silly me buys the makeup and I'm like wtf am I doing wrong? I figured lighting but...😯Like whoa

(Wayne goss video)

https://youtu.be/Z1lovMzixm0 

Oh my gosh, this explains so much!!!!!

I just saw this video myself and was going to post a link somewhere. That video filter Wayne Goss demonstrates makes him look like what I see in all the magazine ads and articles featuring models and celebrities. Fake!

I can only imagine the people who watch these videos with the filter lights and feel bad about themselves. Or go out and buy every product the person raves about only to be disappointed it doesn't work the same for them. I'm so tired of all the fakeness and overemphasis on perfection

Um... Since when has Sephora required a signature for delivery? Since never. I love when delivery drivers claim they attempted delivery, don't leave a delivery attempt slip, then screw up when they enter their "attempt" in the computer.

IMG_2391.PNG

Weird.... Is it possibly a gift from them or is it something you actually ordered?

OMG!  Or maybe your special RAK box?

Haha, that would be awesome, but the tracking number is connected directly to my Hawkwind order. 

Something I actually ordered. Hawkwind. I WANT TO WEAR HAWKWIND RIGHT NOW. 

UGH!  Now I'm peeved!  I wanna see your Hawkwind swatch...1111.JPG

@ZombieMetroAnt See! My frustration is justified and shared! I'm waiting for a "call back" from the facilities manager at UPS. I tweeted them my frustration too. I think I'm extra salty because I just bought some salted caramels and I can't stop eating them. 

"I'm extra salty because I just bought some salted caramels and I can't stop eating them..."  Lol! ❤️

@Tamara76 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ This is what happens when you get in the way of a girl and her lipstick. 

is.gif

@ZombieMetroAnt Literally. Clearly this delivery driver doesn't know who he's dealing with. He'll never mess up a Sephora order for anyone ever again! Haha. We know how this process works. Anything out of the ordinary will arise suspicion. 

shared bathroom counter top with husband and he decides to switch his shaving spot right next to where my beauty blender was drying.... I've been walking around with tiny male facial hairs embedded to my foundation all day all over my face!!!!! ARGHHHHHH!!!!

Oh no!  That's the worst @YoiFran!  Hopefully no one noticed.  🙂

I'm not sure if it was because I was so self conscious after noticing the hairs on my face but I swear people were staring at me LOL

Best part was shen I tried to explain to my husband what he did he was like:

"What do you mean I didn't blend anything...." (he has no clue what a beauty blender is hahahaha)

I wish I didn't feel so inferior and judged if I go to Sephora and don't put on a full face of makeup. I don't like that about communities where you need to be recognized that you're actively partaking in the thing that everyone is interested in.

And not anything beauty-related is a pet peeve that probably gets on my nerves most: I offer advice/information to someone and they later completely forget I'm the one who told them, so they try to give me that advice/tell me something "I don't know."

This is only so irritating to me because it happens ALL THE TIME. And I'm not talking about me telling someone something and then months later, years later, they can't remember where they learned about what they're teling me. This is 1-3 days later.

haha I do that too, my memory is so lazy. 

Ugh, the advice thing happens to me frequently too. Or once, and this is crazy, but I told a co-worker a story of something amusing that happened to me. A few days later (seriously, a few days), we're with a group of co-workers, and she tells my story - only she tells it as something that happened to her. No details changed or anything, and while I was standing there. When I called her out on it later, privately, she was like, "oh, I remember someone telling me a similar story, I didn't realize it was you." I'm thinking, "similar?" You literally quoted what my mom said to me as what your mom said to you! 🙄

12,471 Replies
testing