Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Uuuugh right?? Who dosen't tell a person. @Mellmars1185 😭😭😭

I hate to bash a makeup brand but Coloured Raine has the worst customer service and wait times. I made an order through their site and a lot of us got the run around on the shipment date.  They also don’t respond back to their customers in the 48 hour time frame.  They make great products for their price point but the bad customer service makes me never want to buy their products ever again. 

when you have to wait around all day for UPS, Fed Ex , onTrac or other shipping company to deliver your Sephora package

Fr tho

Putting on too much blush by accident and then having to possibly wipe it off 😣

@CuteCocoa I know what you mean. Sometimes I used my foundation brush (that has leftover foundation on it) to buff over/tone down the blush.

This! I don’t love a heavy blush look so I always do a light pass over it with my foundation brush. I get a nice natural finish. 

@CuteCocoa I did that this weekend too

I dropped my YSL discontinued formula lipstick unknowingly last week. I ordered the new formula of Yves Saint Laurent YSL Loveshine Lip Oil Stick 44 Nude Lavalliere and I don’t find it as moisturizing as the old formula. I really like the color.

@Loretta55 Ohh no. I am sorry. Do you remember what shade it was?

Yes, it was the same shade Nude Lavalliere @Mellmars1185 . I received it in my Sephoria box and I really liked the formula. It was the Rouge Volupte Shine Oil . It had a satin finish. I must have dropped it when I was looking for a tissue.

sneezing right after applying mascara…. every single time

@kyynicolee The struggle is real. I learned that by using a clean spoolie or qtip to wipe it off (once it has dried down) helps.

@kyynicolee  I hear you

When you’re finishing your makeup and your eyes start to water!!!! FOR NO REASON😭

@anaaii  If you haven’t put liner in your waterline, try taking a dry q tip and going over your waterline with it.  Sometimes your eyes water cause your body is trying to rid itself of an irritant that’s gotten in your eyes or on your waterline and if it’s always when you do makeup there’s a good chance this is what’s happening.  🤞 

mine water more when my histamine levels build up (hello spring) and the powder just pushes things over the edge.  

@heartsmyface Great tip! Sometimes this happens to me after I apply setting powder with a brush instead of a triangle powder puff.

Yess😭 it’s when i’m doing my eyeshadow mostly the under eye side🥲 it might be me poking my eye with the bristles of my brushes, i gotta be more careful 

Fax that has been happening to me recently since I’ve been getting more into makeup

So I got the annual $59 subscription for Sephora same day delivery a few weeks ago.  Sounded fun and in my head seemed to meet my desire to be impulsive and satisfy the urge to try things right away.  
I filled my cart, did a haul and then realized I had to individually request items be shipped same day and it wasn’t an automatic thing AFTER it had already started processing.   Okay, disappointed for round one but that was my mistake.
I did another rather large haul this morning cause Sephora sale.   Most of the items I wanted weren’t available for same day delivery.  Four of twelve items in my original cart could be delivered same day. I switched up the lipstick shade to match the blush I could get to make a hopefully cohesive look tonight.  I by no means NEED any of it tonight.  I was just playing with this new feature of getting items right away.  Three hours later I opened the door to a little black and white striped shopping bag sitting on my front doorstep in the rain.  No big cause I was waiting for it and it didn’t get too too soggy.  Just moist. 
 The lipstick couldn’t be acquired even with the available claim so I just received three items.  I am noticing that they said the makeup was available at my closest store location yet the makeup was purchased two cities away by a door dasher likely at the most convenient location on their route. I may have been able to receive the lipstick had they visited the location which claimed it was in stock.   I am unsure as to the logistics of requesting door dashers to visit specific stores though.  @TeamBIC 
I have a blush and two perfumes to play with and now need to place a new order to get the lipstick which will now arrive after the rest of my order.

am I truly peeved?   Maybe not.  But I could see someone being peeved if they were in need of a shade that didn’t show up after specifically planning on shades that COULD be delivered same day. 
On the bright side, I know now I really do want Juliette Has a Gun Lust for Sun in the full size before the sale ends.  I couldn’t decide and hadn’t smelled it or Vanilla Vibes.  Both are wonderful but Lust for Sun is fabulous and coconutty!  So today wasn’t a complete fail:) Juliette Has a Gun Lust For Sun Eau de Parfum 

IMG_4439.jpeg

@heartsmyface Sorry to hear this process was not seemless. The perfume sounds lovely. I live coconut 🥥.

12,471 Replies
testing