Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags (1)

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I'll post this here. Definitely a peeve.  

I was debating on whether or not to bring up my findings regarding the BB perk but decided it was needed when I read a few people worrying that maybe their perks would also be tainted. 
Despite my infrequency on these board within this past year, I still do lurk. And with the new rewards bazaar, I've held my tongue on many issues and conversations.
This was just so dishonest/sneaky/deplorable/whatever word you'd choose to use because in the end, it effects all of us in this community. 
Its like those bad eggs who would abuse the return policy that ruined it for everybody now. 

The KvD perk was a disappointment, but the way Sephora & Kat von D made it up was very admirable and even though I did not redeem it personally, I was impressed.
 This BB perk was a great one especially if you are a gel lover from a high quality brand. 
So to take advantage of this reward system (which is still a work in progress) is wrong on many levels. 
Sephora does try. They might not always execute properly but they have made adjustments & seem to listen to feedback.  

I've read a few negative things from princess in the past month plus, but hey, there's a lot of negativity on the internet and I can see why people might be disappointed with certain stores. But this was pretty shady. I didn't want to attack her or scare her away from the community.  Maybe it will be a lesson to her. Hopefully people will think twice before doing something this manipulative. 

Beauty Talk has been very special to me over these past years & the community has been such a bright beacon on the internet. 
Thank you to all for having everybody's back here.

After reading that a bunch of ppl's Nordstrom orders got cancelled, I online chatted with Nordstrom CS to ask them the status of my order and if there was any chance of it getting cancelled. She somehow mistakened me and put in a request for my order to be cancelled! -.- Ugh, super annoyed. She claims that everything should be fine b/c she recalled the request, and all of a sudden she said my order status is showing up as "fulfilled" and a shipping label was created, but I don't trust her. Haha, I might end up going to Nordstrom tomorrow and buying my Glow Rida compacts in person and returning (or keeping Smiley Tongue) the ones I get in the mail, if I end up getting them. I'm not taking any chances. LOL.

I'm so disappointed that Bite used 2 of the same shades (fig and pepper) in their duos with the bronze and rose gold lipsticks that are in the Perfect Bite set. I really want to get the duos, but I already got and have used the perfect bite set and I just don't see myself using that much pepper and fig. What's a girl to do! Why can't they vary the shades they put in their sampler sets?

When sales associates are lazy and make little to no effort to help you out...

I went to Ulta with 4 of the freebie coupons. I always go in with at least 2 since Ulta is out of the way for me, so I want to get a bunch of stuff at once rather than drive several times for one item at a time.

Anyways, I tell her about them and she goes "well we probably don't have any", so I started naming off the products and she goes "well, we have the It Cosmetics cream, I know we dont have the butter polish, I dont think we have the mascara oh and I've never heard of the Lancome one".  So I tell her that it's okay if they're sold out, but if she could check (especially for the Lancome since it just came out a few days ago) and this time she goes "oh, well no I mean I haven't seen it so we don't have it", yet minutes earlier she told me she was off for two days in a row.  So AGAIN I ask if there's anything she can do (this was me hinting for her to actually go look in the drawers since not ONCE did she leave the register to actually check), and she could also ask someone else about it, and again she goes "umm no I mean really, I doubt we have it".  Ok listen here. If you KNOW that you don't have it, I get it, that's fine, but you keep repeating that you haven't seen it and that you don't THINK you have it.  Stop being lazy!

Also, other sales associates are usually nice and try to throw in something else to make up for it if the item is actually sold out.  She made no efforts, provided no other options and when I left she just goes "here you go", hands me my bag, and quickly calls up the next person.  Don't work in retail if you don't like dealing with customers!!!

Probably so repetitive from everyone here already said many times, but why, oh why, oh why, do I have to purchase the BITE duos with a lipstick color?  I just want all the toppers.  Smart, yet so evil !😆

When SAs don't confirm your information. -.-

So I picked up my MAC pre-order yesterday, and the SA who helped me told me I didn't need to go to the register cause she was just gonna swipe the gift card. So I was browsing around the store. When I was done, I went to the register and she was just about done, and I remembered about my MAC select account. So I told her, and she told me she already found me using my name. I think she was just trying to be as helpful as possible, not her fault. I just wish she would have checked with me first. -.- As I was driving home, I realized that MAC always had a problem finding me using my name b/c there was another account with the same name that wasn't me. So now I'm pretty sad that the other person must have gotten the purchase because they aren't showing up on my account. Smiley Sad

Omg, Clinique's website is driving me nuts. I've been planning to restock a foundation during the VIB sale, but I really want the gift with purchase that Clinique direct is offering right now. The problem is my foundation is $2 shy of the gwp minimum, but they took down all of the travel sizes and other cheap items so I can't bump it up just enough. I don't want to spend almost twice as much as I planned to just to get this dang gwp!!

When you call Sephora stores to place holds and are told they don't do holds for the sale 😔 

My Ulta order I placed Saturday night has arrived in my hometown.

BUT, it won't be delivered until 'end of the day' Friday!

(I seriously hate myself for checking that 'package tracker page' but I also hate surprises! I am doomed).

My pet peeve lately is that I can't make my eyeliner look even lately! One side will point straight and the other will point up slightly. Its not something others would notice in person but it bugs me. I have hooded eyes and they are slightly different. ugh haha

Of course I hold off on buying really the only set that caught my eye and its sold out already. Perfect way to end a crappy week.

pet peeve: after finally deciding what to get for the sale and carefully budgeting, there are literally no samples or reward products that I'm interested in, lol. I'm actually kinda annoyed....feels like a wasted order in a weird way. At least I saved 20%....

Placing a large order and forgetting to go through Ebates!! I knew I should have installed the app to remind me :-/

there's a new store in my town and of course i went crazy. well, not really. but it's the 5 below something store. i was looking for a beauty treats palette, i found a glittery one, not what i want! i want the viseart dupe! they didn't have it. buuuut, I mean it's not really a peeve but i did see something that I was like, what were you thinking? 

chapstick... poo chapstick. yes. poo chapstick. what? it's the poop emoji, but like. really? did we have to go this far? really? ok. 

I think I need make-up therapy help; just ordered UD duo and now I can see that I already have 3 brand new trial size somewhere tuck in my room Smiley Sad and I just got email from Sephora that I am "$144 away from from another year of rouge" Smiley Sad

LOL but no regrets I guess

Canada Post, you have failed this customer (bonus - can anyone guess what show I'm imitating? Smiley Tongue)

I understand shipping delays due to the sale, but my order has been sitting in Mississauga for 3 days now!? I ordered on the 6th, it finished processing on the 9th and ready for shipment. But nothing... I expected delays at the warehouse, not with CP.

Only reason I did an online order was for ebates, which also messed with me. I guess it'll be here Monday or Tuesday, but this has been the longest wait. Even orders from the US were faster than this

When you use free shipping on Amazon but then it makes a month for your stuff to get here. -_-

But then again, it would either be me flying to korea and getting the powder or waiting a month. I think I'll wait the month.

When you see a look you want to replicate but can't find one of the products mentioned because it appears it's not sold anymore...

Whenever I get a bang cut my bangs never look that great for like 1-2 weeks. After that though, they're totally fabulous...but for 2 weeks it's like I have molted bangs

When Sephora messes up your Rouge sale order, says they can't get you the item you purchased because it was sold out (and product page gone), then it shows up on the site again a week later! >.<

YSL’s Canadian customer service on their site, in specific “Rachel”… I swear they must be hiring bimbos for the company. I emailed customer service regarding a lip kit that was on the Sephora site and asked if they would be getting it. Her first reply was that they don’t have access to Sephora inventory and then told me to check their website for the availability of the product….First off, if it was on the website I WOULDN’T BE ASKING

Emailed her back, calling her out on the uselessness of that answer. I just want to know if YSL will get the kit….

Get an answer back going “may we suggest you click to be notified if the product is coming back in stock. We cannot answer when and if the product will be in stock as this is a marketing decision”.

Answers like this drive me insane. It’s like she had a cut and paste script which is fine, except she couldn’t even copy the right answers. Anyways, very frustrating experience.

All the walking dead spam links 

Peeve at myself... When I buy something that is final sale and then I feel buyer's remorse because I went a little overboard... Why must I have no self control?!

My phone broke, so I tried ordering a new one online, only to get flagged as fraudulent transaction and I can fix it by--calling! Agghhh!

They won't flag my online makeup and skincare purchases (multiple orders in one day) and sometimes, that one day of shopping is even more expensive than the phone I'm getting. :/

Pet peeve: this error that has frequently been popping up on Sephora's mobile site for weeks, forcing me to shop from the app instead. Does anyone else keep getting this, particularly when trying to get to the previous page? I've reported it already.

4,317 Replies