Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I thought you were joking about the longitude and latitude until I scrolled down. I cannot stop laughing. Why??

Screenshot_20180103-195428.png

b1ce423c31de1917c4cb6f6e2e5143dd.gif

🛰️🕵️‍♀️

🛰️🕵️‍♀️

d@mn

Whatever happened to a simple "name & email address" signup? Anything over that is too much info for an email list. Even address and phone number makes me twitchy and iffy about signing up somewhere...I'll give you that if & when I place an order, but you don't need it before then thankyouverymuch.

I don't even know what half of those fields are.

But surely that's a glitch...surely they've accidentally revealed a little peek at the info they keep internally...but even so, it's still just a bit unsettling...

Exactly @RGbrown, looks like someone has exposed some fields that shouldn’t be exposed to the general user.  Good for a laugh though! 😂😂

I was thinking @ZombieMetroAnt should have put in some crazy location of latitude\longitude, and then I was trying to find a funny latitude/longitude meme but it turns out there are none! 

ha ha ha Smiley LOL that would've been a GREAT idea @sister13!  Aw man....

LOL!  What on earth?!?  I don't know my latitude and longitude, even if I wanted to tell them! 😂

Anonymous Insider

You can search by longitude and latitude on Google Maps and I believe look up a location address that way as well but I usually use the reverse for work purposes.  If you really wanted to know your coordinates you can use this website   https://mynasadata.larc.nasa.gov/latitudelongitude-finder

@ZombieMetroAnt This... is actually creepy. latitude longitude?? wow 

Anonymous Insider

Please tell me that was a glitch on the site's part.  That is a ridiculous questionnaire @ZombieMetroAnt to get a coupon / promo code.  Ugh. 

Hahahah...wut?

Seriously, I would leave half of those fields blank!! What the heck are you supposed to put for "Following"??!?!

@ZombieMetroAnt omg what lol! why would they need that - who would even know that without looking it up

I know, right @Kim888?  It was actually a very long questionnaire, which was unusual in it of itself - typically they just request your email address but as I glanced at the form, I was like "what the what?!"

Smiley Surprised

Spoiler
winkk.JPG
Anonymous Insider

It looks to be their internal page.  Longitude and Latitude coordinates of your street address gives the delivery company the exact address of where you are looking to have an item shipped.  Many police departments use longitude and latitude when an accident occurs outside city limits in order to provide an exact location.  I can see it work in a similar fashion for shippers, including within a city, particularly if there are multiple locations in the same city with the same street name.  

All of these are ridiculous, @ZombieMetroAnt! What does notes even mean? Whoever made the questionnaire went a little too far 😂

When something restocks after two weeks, right after you'...

When something restocks after two weeks, right after you've given up on it and ordered the shade you wanted a little less badly...

When Sephora cancels your sale order for the third time! Yes, 3. The first two times Sephora canceled my orders the item was showing in stock when I got the email, so I placed the orders again. You not only do not get the item, but you start the year off in the negative. The last order was placed in 2017, so I got spending credit for it then. Upon cancelation in 2018, I have now spent negative dollars in 2018. I never return things, so that is a first for me. 

And to make matters worse, the item is showing in stock AGAIN. The sale on sale is over, so I give up.

Screen Shot 2018-01-02 at 4.43.33 PM.png

I had that happen multiple times as well. Thumbs down 😞

The Moschino + Sephora Shopping Bag Eyeshadow Palette.

In a last-ditch effort, I ordered two palettes at the end of December with the hope that at least one of them would arrive intact. My package arrived today and no such luck. I'm so mad! At this point, I've had three of these palettes arrive with the shade Angel Wings smashed. This was going to be a gift, and I know that if I keep ordering more, they'll just keep arriving in the same condition. 😞

What makes me maddest is that whoever produced this palette had to know that the shade Angel Wings was utterly defective. It was all people talked about when the collection was first released! Why the hell would they not try to fix the shade Angel Wings before the palette was restocked? Even pressing it harder into the pan could have helped. It just baffles me.

From now on, I'll be skipping all Sephora collaboration collections. Well, I guess I should never say never, but it would honestly take something really special for me to buy anything Sephora x [insert name here] again.

tell me about it @lmi82 Smiley Indifferent

25530200_2003298066614016_1916608656_n.png

1 Reply
testing