Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

This former English major should have known better, @GennX

LOL!!!

Why, what is Hangover X?

The packaging has an x after the R. It's just a play on words: Rx means prescription. 

Too-Faced-Hangover-Replenishing-Face-Primer-4.jpg

Hangover RX is an awesome primer, regardless of the name ;).

Ebates NOT sending cash out checks. Poor communication, well if you can even call "no communication" communication. 

Irritated beyond belief. 

Long story short:

-Saw my check was issued on the 10th. A week later it still hadn't arrived. Contacted CS and wanted to confirm which address the check was sent to. (I had moved and changed my address preferences prior to August).

-CS rep told me their process is to wait 21 days. He did NOT even tell me where my check was sent. 

-21 days later, STILL no check. Contacted CS

-Took 4 days to respond. They asked where to send my check -_- 

-Now they're telling me I have to wait until Oct 9 to see it. 

WOW.

Ugh. I hope you get your check sooner than that. I stopped using Ebates years ago because of their shenanigans. Now I use other cash back sites that usually offer a higher percentage back.

Wow as if!  I seem to always have good CS... but that's ebates Canada.

Wow, that stinks. Ebates hasnt even been working for at all. Two large orders through them and not one registered to the site. Been months since they've worked for me

My hair tye snapping 😞 Recently, my hair decided to thicken up a lot, so i misjudge my hair tyes. It gets frustrating.

The worst!  I go through so many hair tyes.

I'm fairly convinced that the NARS blush that I received from beauty dot com is a fake. 😞 Super bummed, hopefully they can reimburse me the 20$. 

Would they not get into trouble for selling fake items? Legal issues? I know, here in Canada, counterfeits items cannot be sold as "the sale and production of counterfeit goods is a crime"

I'm worried that the lime crime velvatine I got from Urban Outfitters is fake too...i know UO is listed as one of their authorized vendors, but the packing on mine has aspects of fakes as well as authentic? so im very confused.

Oh no, what makes you think it's fake? 

I don't know if you can really see from the image, but there are a few differences in the labels (Exhibit A being the legit blush). Plus, Tribulation's compact feels less rubbery than any of my other NARS blushes. Now I'm paranoid that all of my other beauty dot com purchases are fakes. 

narsfake.JPG

Upon further investigation, the mini Goulue that we were given for Rouging has the same face diagram in the lower-left corner. Maybe I'm being over-cautious? 

@AllysonJo Temptalia's photo of Tribulation looks the same as yours. I think they just slightly redid the packaging. 

That's a relief. Thanks for looking that up!

I'm considering going to the mall this weekend, to go to Sephora.  The thing is, I HATE the Sephora here.  The SiJCP is great, but the one in the mall has overbearing SAs who won't leave you alone.  I get that they're trained to do that, but I really just want to shop in peace.  The people at SiJCP are much more laid back, and yet helpful when you need them.  Unfortunately, that store doesn't have what I'm looking for.

Put on your headphones.  Heck, just really listen to music and shop. ;')

testing