Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Hello beautiful Beauty Insider Community members! 

We’re starting this thread for you guys to report any issues and weird things that you are seeing or ask any questions. We have a number of issues logged that we are already working on a fix for, so this is a work in process.

Some things to note as you are reporting issues:

• If you are looking for a thread and can’t find it, please post here. We’ll need to manually move some threads that got lost in the migration to their correct groups.
  • If you are reporting a bug please be specific about the issue you're seeing, how you got there (“I clicked here and it did *this*”), the device you're using and which browser you're in. 

Some tips:

• If you are looking for a thread that you commented on in the old community, go to the front page of conversations and click the “My Posts” tab. This is where you will find all of your conversations activity, including your heart count.

It’s good to see you all and thanks for being patient!

Whenever reporting a bug we need as much info as possible or our tech team cannot reproduce the issue and verify it's actually occurring. If they can't see the issue they cannot fix it. You cannot overshare details, test on too many devices or share too many screenshots... The more detail the better!

Re: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

@TeamBIC I know gallery pictures usually get posted within 48-72 hours. I posted 2 last Tuesday and another on Thursday last week and they haven’t shown up on the gallery page yet. 

Hi @SportyGirly125, thanks so much for flagging. You're right, these should've been moderated by now and we're looking into it. Stay tuned!

@TeamBIC @Thank you 

Good Morning @TeamBIC 

I noticed that my review is showing up for me on my app under reviews but when I went to answer questions it did not display on the page, it wasn’t there, I tried filters but it just wasn’t there. 
Just thought I’d report. 
Thank you so much. Have a great start to your week. 🙂 

@peculiarzmakeup @TeamBIC 

I am having this same issue with Couple of reviews, the Danessa Myricks Beauty LIGHTWORK VI The Freedom Palette: Magnetic, Customizable, Stackable Palette w...  and Gucci Flora Gorgeous Orchid Eau de Parfum . 

I can see my reviews under my profile review activity in the app, but these are not showing up in the product pages. Lightwork VI is obvious because there are so few reviews. 

I tried to re-submit but it said I couldn’t submit 2 reviews. Can you advise? 

Thanks! 

(images below are from the app, my review activity)

IMG_3496.png

One more thing to add, I have reviews that I posted both before and after these two not appearing, that ARE showing up on the product pages. @TeamBIC 

Hi @peculiarzmakeup, thank you for flagging the issue that you're noticing. To clarify, can you share which product review isn't showing as expected, or are you saying that an answer to a question that you submitted isn't showing as expected?

@TeamBIC Are we able to see reviews we left now? 

@Samtian I’m now able to see reviews I left (I think it’s the most recent list of  20 items) in the app, under Profile, then My Reviews, then View All. Can you see yours there? I have better luck with Gallery through the app too, even though I wont use the app for Community due to lack of functionality.

Hi @TeamBIC 

IMG_3800.png

My Review is showing on my review page but when I go underneath the product it’s not showing up there there are only 5 reviews on that page and mines not there. 

thank you 

@peculiarzmakeup thanks so much for the screenshot and clarifying what you're experiencing, this is super helpful! we are actively investigating this with our reviews partner. Thanks for your patience 😊

@TeamBIC  I appreciate your efforts! I wanted to update on a couple things, my reviews are not appearing still and also photos in gallery I know this has been mentioned before, it’s occurring on my end as well. Thank you 😊 

@TeamBIC  I know reviews are being actively worked on but just want to note that any reviews I attempt to leave with the check mark of “do not recommend”, the system will boot and say there was an “error” with my submission. All products I am reviewing with the “yes I recommend” seem to be going through just fine. Let me know if this is fixed soon so I can go back and rewrite/submit reviews when I get a minute 🙂

Hi @gonerogue, thanks so much for flagging! We are investigating and appreciate your patience 😊

@TeamBIC  Appreciate you looking into this for us! ❤️

Hello @TeamBIC ,

I cannot post reviews or post gallery pics in Android. I have tried multiple times and get 2 different responses. 1 is "There is a problem submitting the review. Please try again later." The 2nd response is the standard " It will take 72 hours etc..." Makes it seem like it went through but it doesn't show up after 72 hours. I have used both the application and mobile web. I cannot use the desktop because I have the photos on my phone and it's too much of a hassle to transfer pics to the computer.

I also still see only 3 gallery pics on my profile and I know I have at least 10 or more. Please advise.

@Buootiful Hi there! Thanks for these reports -- we are currently troubleshooting the reviews error. The good news is, we believe your reviews are going through even though you are receiving this error, but we recognize this is not the ideal experience!

For your Gallery photos, do you receive an error when you upload, or do they appear to successfully go through and you're just not seeing the photos appear on your profile?

Hi @TeamBIC ! They appear to go through and/or turn into a blank page  when I hit the submit button. I also don't see it under the product review>See It in Real life, when I tag products in the Gallery.

*ETA do you see the review for Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Strong Finish 10 oz/ 330 mL ?

@Buootiful Thanks for the additional details! We do not see a review live or pending from you on the hairspray you tagged!

@TeamBIC I've been noticing on the BIC home page that it seems like posting videos are a thing now.  I'd love to try my hand at it, but have no skills in that area whatsoever.  Would BIC ever post some beginner tips for making videos?

1 Reply
testing