cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Ask a Beauty Expert

Ask a Beauty ExpertAsk a Beauty Expert

If you know your way around the Beauty Insider Community, chances are you’ve seen a few of our Sephora Pro Artists sharing their looks on the Gallery and dropping their beauty routines in some of our favorite challenge threads.  @ElizaPRO@ShawnPRO, and @ProAmy are Makeup Artists with years of industry experience with a bounty of product knowledge to share. These beauty geniuses are subject matter experts and they give life-changing advice on how to build your basket and put your haul to good use!

We've created this thread to allow you all to better connect with our Sephora Pro Artists here in the BIC! This is a place for you to ask them ANYTHING beauty-related. Don't forget to bookmark this thread by clicking the bookmark icon at the top right of this thread. It will come in handy for those moments you wish you had a beauty expert on speed dial for questions like "is it a good idea to layer these skincare products?" or "what's the best brush for my foundation routine?"

Want to ask a question? Click the 'Reply' button below!

Re: Ask a Beauty Director

No prob! I just realized how horrible my grammar was in that first post. Sorry! Lol. 

939661C1-AF40-4560-B83C-5CA4774F9311.jpeg

Hi! I use MUF Matte Velvet foundation. I have fairly oily skin... I use Tachta Silk Canvas as well... but I love the way the combination controls my oil but am afraid I may look too fake. I was curious if anyone had suggestions on a more natural finish foundation that handles oily skin that I can try or even mix with the foundation I have to get a happy medium. Thoughts? 

Dior face and body foundation! It's my favourite foundation to mix! Or even Giorgio Armani luminous silk.

Hi, I am looking for a foundation that fits my skin color and cost effective. I have a lighter-brown skin tone and my budget is 30 dollars max for the foundation. Is there one u recommend?

71BE36E4-58FE-4F36-8BA6-F2D248539B35.jpeg

and Is it true that I can get a 50 minute make over at Sephora if I made a purchase of 50 dollars? Thanks!

So I just bought the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer and this might be a stupid question to ask, but I was wondering do i still use a regular moisturizer with it as well? or is it supposed to take place of your normal moisturizer? 

@dayna88  I alternate between Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Natural Skin Perfector Broad Spectrum SPF 30 5W1 Tan  and Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20 - Oil Free Tan. I always use a facial moisturizer under them. I also use a sunscreen under them, even though these tinted moisturizers contain sunscreen ingredients. I don't rely on these LM tinted moisturizers to provide enough sun protection. 

If you have the Natural Skin Perfector version, I suppose you could use that one as your sole moisturizer. It contains the occlusive ingredients shea butter, kukui oil, and macadamia oil, plus dimethicone, so it should be able to prevent moisture loss. I'm a creature of habit with mostly dry skin, so I always use another moisturizer under it. 

@dayna88 I still use a moisturizer and put a primer and then the tinted moisturizer on top and set it with a powder 

Hello,

I use the #Supergoop! CC Screen 100% Mineral CC Cream SPF 50 PA++++ 306W I love this and use it as a light weight foundation,  is there a compatible concealer that will keep the natural look? I am 53 yrs old and hate when concealers settle into fine lines and look overly made up.

Hi,

I am looking to replace my Smashbox - Always Sharp Lip Liner in Crimson but I don't see it available online to order. Can you recommend something similar? I prefer my lip liners to be long lasting and creamy with a matte finish.

Thanks,
Sam

@Benji33 @I’m in the US and it’s available Smashbox Always Sharp Lip Liner Crimson 

Doesn't seem to be available on the Canadian website 😞

Anonymous Insider

Hello, I have pores and I was told it would be good to wear primer before adding makeup so it go on smooth? I’ve never used primer , which one would be the best one ? 

I have had three bottles of Born This Way. Two faced and none have been right color. Returns easy but... my Clinique I wear is Breeze, so what would the right color for me be.  Cloud was white....on me.  Thanks 

the too-faced foundations and stuff tend to be more yellowy undertone I find , I used to use them as well but was having a similar problem after awhile. I switched to Fenty hydrating foundation which had a much wider selection of colours. I also use the  IT cosmetics CC Illumination cream and it was a perfect match for me and I find the formula hydrating and has very good coverage for a CC cream. 

What is better the Fenty Cream Bronzer or Milk Makeup

Anonymous Insider

Wondering if someone know a good mask for sensitive skin.

I'm looking for a clear topcoat to use over colored mascara to make it waterproof. Suggestions?

Hi! Does anyone know of a good lightweight foundation for combo skin? Nothing that will give me shine or dry me out!

Hi I am looking for products that will help with genetic under eye bags. I already have an eye cream but wondering if there are masks/pads out there I should start using in my regimen. 

thanks,

alex

I love Charlotte Tilbury lipstick "The Queen." Which of her lipliners would you suggest for this lipstick?

@sherrymay Crazy in Love would be the closest match.  You could always do Iconic Nude and Pink Venus for a neutral base.

testing