cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Ask a Beauty Expert

Ask a Beauty ExpertAsk a Beauty Expert

If you know your way around the Beauty Insider Community, chances are you’ve seen a few of our Sephora Pro Artists sharing their looks on the Gallery and dropping their beauty routines in some of our favorite challenge threads.  @ElizaPRO@ShawnPRO, and @ProAmy are Makeup Artists with years of industry experience with a bounty of product knowledge to share. These beauty geniuses are subject matter experts and they give life-changing advice on how to build your basket and put your haul to good use!

We've created this thread to allow you all to better connect with our Sephora Pro Artists here in the BIC! This is a place for you to ask them ANYTHING beauty-related. Don't forget to bookmark this thread by clicking the bookmark icon at the top right of this thread. It will come in handy for those moments you wish you had a beauty expert on speed dial for questions like "is it a good idea to layer these skincare products?" or "what's the best brush for my foundation routine?"

Want to ask a question? Click the 'Reply' button below!

Re: Ask a Beauty Director

@amaghrebia my pleasure!! 🙂

yebrows.PNG

I have very dark, but thin eyebrows, and I was wondering how would I fill them in? Not to make them look like ''Instagram Eyebrows,'' but just so they look fuller and better when I do a full face of makeup... Thankss ❤️

RE: Re: Ask a Beauty Director

I think you would love the Anastasia dip brow pomade! If you use it light handedly it creates a really natural look.

@itsbellaaa  the best approach to get a fuller looking natural brow is to be strategic with the products. looking at your image i would say you want a pencil to add some hair-like strokes to create a more real fullness, use a fine dry pencil like Benefit Cosmetics Precisely, My Brow Pencil Waterproof Eyebrow Definer Shade 3.5 this will allow you to create a micro bladed look of added hair and fullness. then use a good brow gel or even better the new PATRICK TA Major Brow Shaping Wax Tintedwhich you can sweep through your real brows in an upward motion to hold them in a feathered look which will make them look much thicker and polished.

Hi @itsbellaaa  🙂

I just re-discovered   MILK MAKEUP KUSH Fiber Eyebrow Gel Dutch  in Grind.  It looks perfect for your just-right, not too thin brows.

I dabbed a small amount in the middle then used a spoolie to spread it around. It made my brows look fuller/the ends defined instantly and with minimal effort. It took 1 minute. Hope this helps! 

RE: Ask a Beauty Director

I would like to try out the new Fenty cream bronzers but don’t know what shade would suite my skintone...my Fenty foundation shade is 330, can you help ? Tnx 💖💖

Honestly my friends and I tried the Fenty cream contour it looks super orange on us but you may love it! I recommend the smashbox contour stick in case you change your mind!😊💞

Re: RE: Ask a Beauty Director

@Kymberle yes i think you would be best suited for Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Cheeks Out Freestyle Cream Bronzer 05 Teddy! your gonna love these cream bronzers!!!

RE: Re: RE: Ask a Beauty Director

Thank you so much !!! Would I need to set it with a powder bronzer ? If so what color in the Fenty powder bronzer do you recommend? You’re the best David 💙💙

Re: RE: Re: RE: Ask a Beauty Director

@Kymberle that is good question , the answer is no, you can set it with a classic translucent powder. if you used a powder bronzer to set it will intensify the cream alot making it darker so be careful haha. i think best to use translucent 🙂

Ask a Beauty Director

What makeup tips, application techniques, makeup and skin care products, at home treatments can you give to those of us that are trying to camouflage textured acne scarring? Any product that actually fills in ice pick scars? Smooth out boxcar and rolling scars? thanks in advance!

@Crystal1983 there are a few ways to help. first skincare is super important. a resurfacing product like YOUTH TO THE PEOPLE - Kombucha + 11% AHA Exfoliation Power Tonerused daily will reveal smoother skin over time. also you can substitute in once a week a stronger at home peel like Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Sukari Babyfacial™ AHA + BHA Mask 1.69 oz/ 50 mLto really boost results. for makeup primers that have smoothing capabilities are key. try Tatcha The Silk Canvas Protective Primer 0.7 oz/ 20 gwill smooth the look of skin and allow foundation to lay down easier and with less texture. 

Anonymous Insider

Spoiler
xanthelasma and dark circles

xanthelasma and dark circlesxanthelasma and dark circles

I'm looking for some advice on how to cover up these horrid xanthelasma (cholesterol deposits) and dark circles under my eyes. I've tried several concealers but haven't found success yet... I'm at a loss. I never really wore makeup and now I find myself very self conscious because people keep asking me about my under eyes wanting to know what is wrong with me. I'm a complete novice to make-up... but the only other way to get rid of them is surgery and that's too scary. Please help!

@Anonymous   Hello love, sorry you’re having to explain your appearance all the time.  That can be quite hard on a person.

Most concealers won’t work on their own on darker circles and need a little boost with a color corrector.  The first thing to do is look at a color wheel.  You circles seem to be on the red side.  Since green is opposite on the wheel that’s your canceling color.  
Since you’re applying to your undereyes a cream  green color corrector or green lipstick would do.  It just has to be opaque and green.   Apply it just to the dark undereye area using a patting motion trying not to go outside the red area.  You may need a small brush to Pat the green on around the calcium deposits.  You don’t want to paint them green.  It will look terrifying as you apply but don’t fear.  Wait a moment for it to set.  30 seconds is normally enough.  
Then apply a high coverage concealer in your skin tone.  It is very important to pat it on top of the green and not to rub as any rubbing will mix the concealer with the green underneath.  Kevin Aucoin thé sensual skin enhancer concealer is amazingly high coverage while looking relatively natural.  
I would refrain from setting powder for the first wear cause if you can get away without another layer all the better, but if you find you’re getting a lot of creasing your can use a thin layer of translucent setting powder to set the undereye.  Less is more when it comes to powder under your eyes.  ;).  Good luck and if you have any other questions feel free to ask.  
i hope this helps!  

NARS creamy radiant concealer is great too and very pigmented.
Anonymous Insider

Thank you for your response! That was very informative, I'm so lost when it comes to correctors and concealers! I will give this a try, thank you again!

@KrystalJ13 the trick here is that you need to address the dark circles correctly first becuase a dark circle is technically a purple shade and needs color correction, try URBAN DECAY - Naked Skin Color Correcting Fluid - Peach on the dark circle areas ( a little is all you need here as you are trying to 'warm' up the purple tone not cover them, that's for concealer) then use a little NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer Madeleinein your shade on top. the color corrector will help bring the dark circle to the correct tone to be covered along with the cholesterol deposits by the concealer.

Anonymous Insider

Thank you!! I will give it a try! I already have the concealer, I will get the color corrector and see how that goes, Much appreciated!

Hi! Are your circles inherited, genetic? My guess is yes and as a part of the bumps lottery, too. Surgery is probably the only thing you can do because getting rid of both is impossible with concealer- I had some like yours on my right eye and i had them removed, it really wasn’t too bad, but invest in a very good eye plastic surgeon if possible. Yeah, you will be bruised for a little while, about two weeks, but you also want to have minimum permanent scarring, otherwise you’ll kind of defeat the purpose—do homework and find a good one. Good luck. Now the dark circles you probably know despite all those product claims can never be free of without concealer- So for the best event conceal, you need to prime, base conceal, foundation, then finish conceal and finally powder. For day to day use products I like: Dermablend is thick and fussy but can cover about anything. Get two colors for the best match — I also like Jose Marans Argan Oil Concealer, Lancôme Effarcernes (Sephora only carried Teint Idole which is ok, but Effarcernes is the better product), and Shape Tape is good. Again, good luck.
Anonymous Insider

Re: RE: Re: Ask a Beauty Director

I just started getting the cholesterol deposits a couple years ago and they are getting bigger... the dark circles, I've pretty much had since I was a teenager. I was afraid surgery would be the only answer 😞 I don't trust any of the doctors around here and surgery is unfortunately not an option I can afford... Thanks for your concealer tips though, hopefully it can at least reduce the visibility so everyone isn't pointing it out all the time 😞

Who is this obviously "pro" reviewer? And what kind of drugs are they on???

2 Replies
testing