cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Ask a Beauty Expert

Ask a Beauty ExpertAsk a Beauty Expert

If you know your way around the Beauty Insider Community, chances are you’ve seen a few of our Sephora Pro Artists sharing their looks on the Gallery and dropping their beauty routines in some of our favorite challenge threads.  @ElizaPRO@ShawnPRO, and @ProAmy are Makeup Artists with years of industry experience with a bounty of product knowledge to share. These beauty geniuses are subject matter experts and they give life-changing advice on how to build your basket and put your haul to good use!

We've created this thread to allow you all to better connect with our Sephora Pro Artists here in the BIC! This is a place for you to ask them ANYTHING beauty-related. Don't forget to bookmark this thread by clicking the bookmark icon at the top right of this thread. It will come in handy for those moments you wish you had a beauty expert on speed dial for questions like "is it a good idea to layer these skincare products?" or "what's the best brush for my foundation routine?"

Want to ask a question? Click the 'Reply' button below!

RE: Ask a Beauty Director

@mssweet6699 what product was this review on? Lol

Re: Ask a Beauty Director

Looking for a light nude lipstick shade that Ashley Graham seems to rock all the time on instagram. IMG_F961DF964567-1.jpeg

@travelmeag so going off that image , i would recommend Kaja Air Heart Lightweight Natural Finish Lipstick 01 Sweetheart, this is a great shade with a lightweight velvety finish. BECCA COSMETICS - Ultimate Lipstick Love - Bare (W) a hydrating lipstick in a gorgeous shade. 

Hi!

I'm currently using Makeup Forever Ultra  HD invisible cover stick foundation in Y365. I would like to try Nars Concealer but don't know what color I would be.

I have hyperpigmentation on my cheeks and dark under eye circles ( genetic) that need covering up.

Thank you!

Marisa

@marisamouse first off i have to say that is my favorite foundation and the one i use the most in my professional work, i looooove it!!! for you i would recommend NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer Ginger , it will work for both under eye and any concerns on the face for you. 

thank you David!!

Hi there, 

I've seen some make up tutorials where make up artists use Bobbi Brown foundation stick as a cream contour. I would like to try this but not sure what shade would best suit me. I'm fair skinned with warm undertones. Do you have any recommendations? Or is there any other cream contours you would recommend? I would prefer to buy a single shade rather than a full palette. 

Thanks!

@Chalsall i used yo use the Bobbi Brown cream foundation for contour waaaaayyyy before the contour craze even hit all those years ago, and the truth is you need to customize that to your personal skin tone. don't forget its not just about going 2 or 3 shades darker as alot of MUA's will say. a contour is meant to replicate a shadow, shadows are not 'warm' in undertone unless your skin is exceptionally warm itself. otherwise shadows are cool or neutral . so choosing from a foundation assortment can be tricky unless you are skilled becuase you may end up with a warm bronze color rather than a contour shade. i would recommend either Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Cheeks Out Freestyle Cream Bronzer 02 Butta Biscuit or the shade 'Amber' amber is more a true contour shade it is cool in tone like a shadow .' ButtaBiscuit ' has a touch  more bronze yet still neutral so this is better for someone who is more loosely applying contour/bronze . HUDA BEAUTY Tantour Contour & Bronzer Cream Fairis a contour/bronzer cream similar to the Fenty. both of these are better suited and formulated for the average person to create a beautiful natural looking contour/bronze

RE: Re: Ask a Beauty Director

You could try the fenty matchstix in light. There is a trio you can get to try out different products and see if they work for you.

How often do you restock the youth to the people cleanser?

Hello,

I would like to try the Sephora Bronzer in shade Tan or Deep. Not sure which is the correct shade so I need help selecting a shade, Would Tan be too light???

I am a Black woman and my skin tone is about Oprah/Gail's color.

I have a warm undertone.  My current foundation Shade:- Estee Lauder's Rich Caramel - 5W2

Thanks,

Marilyn

@GACAH with the info you gave about your skintone and what i know about the Sephora Collection bronzers i would recommend choosing the shade 'Deep'. one thing to always consider is bronzers are made to be light in coverage ,they are not heavy, so this gives them the ability to be gradually built up. hope this helps!!

Thank you.

@DavidBD wrote:

@GACAH with the info you gave about your skintone and what i know about the Sephora Collection bronzers i would recommend choosing the shade 'Deep'. one thing to always consider is bronzers are made to be light in coverage ,they are not heavy, so this gives them the ability to be gradually built up. hope this helps!!

Hi there,

My teenaged daughter uses the Cover/Fx Power Play Concealer in shade N Light 2

That shade is currently sold out on the site.  Can you please advise a shade that would work for her in another brand?  She does have acne prone skin.

thank you so much!

Lucy

Any chance the Tom Ford Soleil Glow Bronzers hey restocked today before the sale ends?

Hello! I have always liked makeup but I have never learned much about moisturizers, serum, sunscreen, a primer, a foundation, a concealer and a translucent powder that work very well on my combination skin. Usually, always after a few hours with a base, my forehead and nose area is very greasy and I would like to use products that are matte to avoid this. In addition, these areas usually peel a lot and when using the base it looks very ugly. I don't have skin with pores or frequent acne. I would like you to recommend some good products to help me do my makeup with healthy skin that looks like porcelain. I am Puerto Rican, I am 20 years old and my skin is white.

@Melanieaponte it sounds like you have very typical combination skin, the forehead and nose tend to get oily. this can be a problem when it comes to makeup. so here's what i think you should consider . to start be sure you are hydrating your skin ,or likely it will produce more oil to compensate for being dehydrated. try GLOW RECIPE - Watermelon Pink Juice Oil-Free Moisturizerthis is lightweight yet hydrating , perfect for combo skin. you could add The INKEY List Hyaluronic Acid (HA) Hydrating Face Serum 1 oz/ 30 mLafter just to boost hydration without any oil or weight. next is primer, this is key to help combo skin. you can use Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Instant Retouch Primer 1.08 oz/ 32 mLon just your forehead and nose. placing it strategically like this will allow you to stop the issues and use less product. then continue with your normal makeup routine. hope this helps.

What would be the best luxury full coverage foundation for my dry skin to give a dewy but not oily look?

Re: RE: Ask a Beauty Director

@AlliGC GUERLAIN - Lingerie De Peau Natural Perfection Foundation SPF 20is an absolutely gorgeous foundation , also i love HOURGLASS - Illusion® Hyaluronic Skin Tint, DIOR - Dior Forever Skin Glow Foundation , and Armani Beauty Luminous Silk Perfect Glow Flawless Oil-Free Foundation 7.8!! all of these give beautiful adjustable coverage with a natural radiant glow!!

armani silk luminous foundation would be pretty good i think!
1 Reply
testing