Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

@itsfi @I just realized I have the cleansing oil AND a DragonC vitamin C brightening oil serum. So I have two things to look forward to!

Ohhh, she really has expanded that line @sister13! I’ll have to take a look at her offerings.

Hey there folks! With the transition from winter to spring (according to the calendar, at least 😏), has or will your skincare routine change in any way? Whether you're a long time skincare enthusiast or it's you're just getting into skincare, would love to see and hear about everyone's routine! Hit reply to the original post ⬆️ and give us a look into your skincare routines. 

Just going to tag some folks who have posted here recently but would love to hear from anyone and everyone who'd love to share their routines! @sister13 @faeriegirl @Cissy63 @Samtian @heartsmyface 

@itsfi I was just thinking about this thread last night! I'll photo what I'm using now in a few. 

Yaaaay! Can't wait to see and hear what skincare goodies you're using @Samtian!

Hey @itsfi ! I’ll post an update shortly, have been meaning to actually, but so busy! I have been needing some simplification in my routine due to laziness and lack of motivation, and some extra hydration with a spray (easier sometimes than unscrewing the cap and pressing in the essence). I have also added back in some Vitamin C or brightening serums in the mornings. I had a deluxe promo of the Herbivore Nova 15% Vitamin C + Turmeric Brightening Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL that I’m trying out and also still using the Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Niacinamide Dew Drops Serum with relative frequency #. Nothing miraculous in terms of results from either, but also haven’t looked that closely lately, haha.  My Missha Time Revolution essence is almost done so I have a fresh Kombucha Antioxidant Facial Treatment Essence 5 oz / 150 ml waiting in the wings that I can’t wait to get on my face! Love to hear from everyone else! 

I'm all for simplification in my skincare routine, especially my morning one @sister13. Some extra sleep time is golden (and good for the skin, too!) 😁 Will keep an eye out for your routine; looking forward to seeing what you're using. 

Recent morning routine. I’m sad that Sephora stopped selling Perricone, but I have several backups of my favorites, including the Cold Plasma + (a staple, though not pictured) and the moisturizer with SPF. 

The Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm and Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Niacinamide Dew Drops Serum I think may have come in the SEPHORiA box, and I’m loving them. I got the #capture youth essence I think on a sale and I notice a smooth and brightening effect when I use it, though it has a strong scent I don’t love. It says to apply with a cotton pad, but I just splash on a few drops more like an essence. I e really been liking the Time Revolution serum, kind of a bi-phase serum. And this Perricone moisturizer is my go to. It’s hydrating and leaves a nice glow and the SPF is super effective. The Tatcha The Kissu Lip Mask is a fave! 

And here’s a pic of me without makeup after this routine, though probably has the portrait filter on. 

2B31A7F7-AFB0-49AE-BBC2-10759F342068.jpeg105DDB1F-2D75-43B7-B42F-9EC34BE8231E.jpeg

Nice routine @sister13! I love that shade of the Tatcha lip mask, it is so pretty!

955BC013-8F00-4E67-AD33-5978E247C942.jpeg

Am routine is pretty consistent. I do alternate between the PC and TJ sunscreens.

617D90C7-A507-4155-9C5C-9D815B48B157.jpeg

Pm routine. 4 nights a week I use retinol, skinfix and the yttp dream mask. 2 nights I use the Farmacy honeymoon glow, honey halo, and yttp dream oil.

Wonderful routines! That dream mask is so great! I’m loving your YTTP and Farmacy items, even though I don’t use the same ones (except that dream mask). I’m super tempted by that adaptation mist, though I have too many mists and essences to use up for a while. @faeriegirl 

Thank you @sister13! The dream mask is my all time favorite mask! The mist is really good, especially when my skin is dry or irritated.

I am going to start with my morning routine.  Starting by washing with TULA Skincare The Cult Classic Purifying Face Cleanser 6.7 oz/ 200 mL . Then I apply #Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Toner.  Right now I’m using The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 Hydrating Serum .  For my eyes right now I’m using Hide Power Nap Eye  Roller.  It’s cooling with the metal roller ball to dispense the eye serum. I have been using Glow Recipe Avocado Soothing Skin Barrier Serum with Ceramides 1 oz/ 30 mL and Glow Recipe Guava Vitamin C Dark Spot Brightening Treatment Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL  daily for almost a year.  My am daily moisturizer is Honest Beauty Hydrogel Cream.  But while there is nothing wrong with it, it’s also not showing me anything great.  I have a small jar of Glow Recipe Mini Plum Plump Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizer .68 oz / 20 mL to try in follow up .

My evening routine starts with a balm to double cleanse.  Farmacy Clearly Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 3.4 oz/ 100 mL is what I am using now and I love how it melts makeup off.  Then I will wash with the Tula cleanser, follow with The Ordinary hyaluronic acid and eye roller.  My serum changes to either Sunday Riley Good Genes All-In-One AHA Lactic Acid Treatment 3.4 oz / 100 mL or Sunday Riley A+ High-Dose Retinol Serum or #Sunday Riley C.E.O.Vitamin C serum, or Estée Lauder Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Multi-Recovery Complex Serum 1.7 oz/ 50 mL .  I alternate these serums.  They last a long time.  My evening moisturizer is Tatcha Indigo Overnight Repair Serum in Cream Treatment 1.7 / 50 .  This is new to me and my skin is really appreciating it. 

CD4B1926-879C-4898-BA8E-FC9526BB49F1.jpeg

46072B0A-E977-4FC8-B59E-ECEA7A22FF45.jpeg

Nice routine! I have always liked that EL serum. I also love the Green Clean and Sunday Riley items. @Cissy63 

@sister13  Thank you,  EL makes some good products.  I am so glad I discovered Sunday Reilly.  They have worked we’ll for me.

It's been a while since I've posted my routine. I'm still trying to chip away at my samples I have. My HG toners are no longer made, but I'm really loving this Huxley.

November Daily Routine.jpg

@Samtian  I have heard of several of your products.  I’m glad you know that they are effective for your skin.   

@Cissy63 Some of them I am undecided on or don't notice any difference. 

This was from my recent evening travel skincare routine which is all about nourishing and repairing skin in the evenings

11.17.2022 PM (trip).jpg

Spoiler

My nighttime skincare routine falls into one of two categories when I’m at home - either (1) quick, easy, to the point & gets the job done so I can get my other work done 😉, or (2) a more detailed approach to treating my skin while giving me some “me” time, where my skin care is my self-care. 

This was a PM routine I’ve was using while away for work that is a hybrid of both approaches to my nighttime skincare routine. It's a two-part routine - the first part is done immediately after I get back to my room at the end of the day and the latter part starts about 30-45 minutes before I call it a night. 

• Double cleanse: first with DHC Cleansing Oil, an oil based cleanser that removes sunscreen, makeup, dirt, debris and anything else that my skin picks up throughout the day. This one is olive-oil based and thoroughly cleanses my skin without stripping it or making it feel tight or dry. I follow that up with Biossance Squalane + Amino Aloe Gentle Pore-Minimizing Cleanser 6.76 oz/ 200 mL - a soothing, hydrating and comforting gel cleanser. 
  • Lip scrub - Sara Happ The Lip Scrub Pumpkin Spice - her lip scrubs were my introduction to lip scrubs and I love how the granules provide a good exfoliation without being too rough on the skin. She's since repackaged some of her products and while I like the portability of the scrubs in the tube, it's the ones in the jar that I find to be more effective. This pumpkin spice flavor / scent is limited edition and perfect for the cooler weather.
  • L'Occitane Immortelle Reset Overnight Reset Oil-In Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL is a must-have for my skin in the cooler seasons. It packs a punch in terms of hydrating and moisturizing my skin but is light enough that it is not too heavy or overwhelming when incorporating other products.
  • Dr Jart Water Drop Hydrating Moisturizer - depending on how dry my skin is from the weather, travel or new environs, I might apply a couple of layers of this hydrating moisturizer. The beauty of this moisturizer is in its texture and formula - it comes out of the tube as a gel-creme formula but as it makes contact with the warmth of the skin, it transforms into a liquid-y, almost water-like essence/serum that is quickly and almost effortlessly absorbed by the skin. Sadly, this product has been discontinued and this is the last of my backups. Really wish they would bring this back. 
  • Lip balm - I forgot to pack my Laneige lip sleeping mask so I pulled out the HAUS LABS BY LADY GAGA PhD Hybrid Lip Oil Hue  for some nighttime lip care.

The latter half of my evening routine is about keeping my skin moisturized throughout the night and involves a mask or face oil, or on some occasions, both. When I'm away from home, it usually involves both. This was my recent pairing. 
  • Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin™ Facial Barrier Mask Ceramidin™ Facial Mask is a soft, thin-ish nano-skin sheet that snugly cocoons my face, sealing in themilky, creamy serum saturating the sheet. 
  • Biossance Mini Squalane + Vitamin C Rose Firming Oil 0.5 oz / 15 mL - once the serum from the mask is fully absorbed, I press in a layer of the Biossance oil to help seal in the goodness from the mask and add an additional layer of moisture and hydration. 

@itsfi  These are great choices.  I love L’Occitane hand creams.

testing