Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

@bellossomraptor I don't remember noticing much of a smell one way or another with the old or new version.  I hope you didn't get a bad batch!

@greeneyedgirl107 I haven't tried the reformulated version yet--I bought a couple tubes of the old formula when I saw it on sale last year and still working my way through them. I would definitely love to know what everyone thinks of the new formula, though.

@txcatx It isn't bad by any stretch of the imagination.  That said, I regret not stocking up.  I generally stock up on products - but I guess I do it more for haircare than anything else.

AM routine A5DE0792-4971-4527-B04E-497548B093C0.jpeg

PM routine C68748CB-1010-4D74-A43A-B9F3AD3C791B.jpeg

So many amazing products, @faeriegirl!! That cleansing balm is definitely on my list!!

Woah look at all of that YTTP @faeriegirl! I can’t wait to try the cleansing balm. 

@eshoe  My skin loves YTTP💛

@faeriegirl Thanks for posting on this!  This is one of my fave threads - love to see what people are really using.  I keep meaning to post my stuff.  If I get a week off next week, I should make a resolution to do it.

This morning a very simple routine. I also used SPF but forgot to include as usual! Cool weather, low humidity. Skin is normal.

50E47863-E254-4187-A5AA-D2E5058D7EA8.jpeg

Spoiler
Trader Joe’s Watermelon Mist
REN Clean Skincare Ready Steady Glow Daily AHA Tonic 
Son & Park Beauty Water
iNNBeauty Slushy Serum Moisturizer Crush (cannot tag)

Youth To The People Superfood Air-Whip Lightweight Face Moisturizer with Hyaluronic Acid 2 oz / 59 m... 
Clarins Total Eye Lift

SPF: Etude House Sunprise Mild Watery Light SPF 50+ and Dermstore Daily Mineral Sunscreen Sheer Tint Broad Spectrum SPF 40

@eshoe Is the Beauty Water a toner or essence, or what?!  It piqued my interest.

It is an essence, @greeneyedgirl107, and it is very watery. The only thing I do not like about it is the pour spout; I end up wasting some every time. Come to think of it, I have plenty of DS bottles, I should find a mini spray one to decant this to. It is thin like water but feels much ‘bigger’ on the skin, if that makes any sense.

This morning I used:

CeraVe foaming facial cleanser 

The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

The Ordinary Caffeine Solution 5% + EGCG

CeraVe Ultra Lightweight Moisturizing Lotion With SPF 30

I have oily skin and my skin concerns are acne, enlarged pores, redness, dark circles, and some uneven texture.

This morning was a very simplified routine. Fairly humid so I used a light moisturizer.

41A97AA8-ADF3-4A36-97E1-2FF185E3A951.jpeg

Can’t forget the spf!

99CB4CE5-B542-429D-BEE0-2B0642BC80B5.jpeg

Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Ultra-Fine Mist 2.53 oz/ 75 mL 

Rodial Vitamin C Toner

The INKEY List Hyaluronic Acid (HA) Hydrating Face Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL 

Volition Day Drops (mixed with IL serum)

Kate Somerville Wrinkle Warrior™ 2-in-1 Plumping Moisturizer + Hyaluronic Serum 1.7 oz/ 50 mL 

Biossance Squalane + Zinc Sheer Mineral Sunscreen (won’t tag)

Dermstore Daily Mineral Sunscreen (mimics my beloved Coola Matte Sunscreen which was sadly discontinued)

@eshoe  Great idea keeping it simple!

@ather I think it is easier to do in the summer, my skin needs a little extra hydration in the winter. 

@eshoe I keep hearing so much about the Glow Recipe products.  I finally ordered one of their toners yesterdays.  I can't wait to try it.  

@tjffc I love the texture of the toner too @eshoe 

It sounds so good, @lmaster, wish I could tru it but BHA’s are too much for my skin. You are lucky! @tjffc  

Oooh that’s one I haven’t tried yet, @tjffc - but if it has their watermelon scent, I know it will be a treat to use! I hope it works well for your skin 🙂

Last night’s routine...I forgot to include moisturizer 🤦🏻‍♀️  Normal humidity and little breakouts allllll over my face. 

EFEC62F4-ABEA-45B0-8D84-7C5A3B40F7BA.jpeg

Spoiler
I haven’t been using a sleeping mask much this winter since I’ve been mixing in Volition’s Day and Night Actives into my serums (I did use the Night one, just forgot to include it). I used the Youth To The People Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Night Cream + Mask with Vitamin C 2 oz / 59 ml two consecutive nights and what’ve been experiencing an avalanche of little blemishes all over my face since. I thought I would switch to the Glow Recipe Mini Watermelon + AHA Glow Sleeping Mask 1 oz/ 30 mL for fun, since it is considerably lighter. It also tends to pill (or is it peeling off dead skin???), so I wasn’t worried about over-moisturizing. 

I bought the Glossier Milky Jelly makeup remover out of curiosity, and can safely say that nothing could replace my Bioderma Sensibio micellar water. This is fine, it doesn’t irritate my eyes which is important, but I do have to swipe the cotton pad repeatedly to remove mascara, which can tend to end up pulling out lashes. 

I *think* the Biossance Squalane + 10% Vitamin C Dark Spot Serum 1.0 oz/ 30 mL might be slightly decreasing the intense of my hyperpigmentation. I use it 2-3 times a week on my cheeks. Realistically, it isn’t erasing anything, but I do feel the spots are becoming less visible with time. I am also so, so excited the Rose balm is now available in a tube!!  When I am ready for a new lip mask, or something to throw in my purse, Biossance Squalane+ Rose Vegan Lip Balm 0.51 oz/ 15 mL is going to be it💞

I mistakenly thought the fresh Sugar Mint Rush Freshening Lip Treatment .15 oz / 4.3 g was a scrub. This sample is nice, and stayed on my lips a decent amount of time. It did feel a little cooling at first, but that dissipated as quickly as I noticed it. My daughter bought me the Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Ultra-Fine Mist 2.53 oz/ 75 mL for my birthday, which made me laugh as she enjoys it just as much as I do! I feel ready for summer with it:)

eta: I ended up using Drunk Elephant Protini™ Polypeptide Firming Refillable Moisturizer. I’m not a big fan of this, just finishing a sample jar. I much prefer LaLa.
testing