Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare Routine of the Day

This is a place to share your skincare routine of the day!  Whether it be daytime routine or nighttime routine, I know you have one.  From simple to complex, expensive to inexpensive products: show and tell! If you are anything like me, your skincare routine changes daily. Skincare isn't as showy as makeup, but it is the quiet work horse of our daily lives. 20200118_005115.jpg

You might want to include with your post: your skin type, skin concerns (& the weather where you are).

Sometimes if all you can do is your skincare, that is enough.

Re: Skincare Routine of the Day

I have my bag hung on my towel bar too @WinglessOne! But I'm too lazy to prewash them. Thanks for sharing all your knowledge with these.

Have you used the pink Bioderma @ShortErica ? How does blue one compare with that. I need to test it some more but I notice that whenever I use it on eye, I get temporary white bumps on my upper waterline/ tightline though not 100% sure if it's bioderma causing it or something else. Need to closely monitor it next few times. 

My bad @naturalooks15 - I should have picked a better background. It's the garnier micellar water. I haven't tried the bioderma. White bumps don't sound good. Hopefully you pinpoint the cause if it is the bioderma.

Did your skin react after trying Retinol, @ShortErica ? 

It hasn't @l8totheparty. I was watching for dryness or any changes and haven't seen any. I have tried to be aware of when I use it especially if I'll be in the sun a lot the next day.

Love Dr. Dray @ShortErica , I swear I learn more from her than my dermatologist (granted i only really see mine 4 times a year lol). I never noticed a white cast with the DE. I’ll be curious to see if others have as well.

It's weird @missjeanie. I've probably used it 12 times and it happened maybe 4. It's like it needed a pause and then rubs into the skin nicely. Vs. the other times it blends in immediately when I first apply.

Here's an example:

But then it will rub in after a few minutes. I'm also wondering if the other products I use impact it. Like this night I used The Ordinary Granactive Retinoid* 2% Emulsion 1 oz/ 30 mL. I don't know. 🤷

Oh no!  I've had that happen with body lotions, and no other skincare underneath  @ShortErica 

@l8totheparty I had my last use out of the sample last night and it didn't do it. I'm just confused what causes it because the lotion still seems good, like not expired. Interesting that some of your lotions did it with nothing underneath. 🤔

Morning : been slacking and didn’t feel like doing much so super simple routine.

Night : kept debating if I should do retinol, TLC or BHA given that I have not done much of skincare or cleanse y’day night and today morning. After much thought, exfoliation would be better and Decided to do mask - Babyfacial because I can saty indoors tomorrow and avoid most sun. 

had just eyeliner and lipstick and no other makeup. I took off liner and Lippe with sensibio. Then washed off sunscreen with Bestie

ETA: TO Marine Hyaluronic passed the ultimate test. I am generally very scared of putting anything on my face after babyfacial other than Squalane oil and Lala. I put TO as first layer after washing off babyfacial and it was hydrating and soothing (even B-hydra tingles a little but this didn’t).

MorningMorning

NightNight

great @lmaster  Let me know your experience with it. I am liking it so far. Only time I saw some close comedons/ sort of white heads is when I used it 3 times a day (think layer in night and thin layer in morning and afternoon) 😄 that was first day. Now it's 1x day or less (now I use it only when I am using retinol, babyfacial or TLC because these things leave my skin dry next morning but with F-Blam, I wake up still moisturized). 

Thank you! That's a great suggestion @naturalooks15 

@naturalooks15   I love how all this packaging g looks so light crisp and clean.  it’s very pleasing to look at.  

@naturalooks15 wow, great line up! Baby facial is one of my favs!

Love this thread idea @l8totheparty !  I havnen't been masking a ton lately... not sure why... just haven't been feeling' it mentally.  But I am still doing my regular skincare routines.  I'm trying hard to use up a bunch of stuff I have open so that I can clear out my skincare cabinet a bit so this will likely shift a bit here and there, but it's been working for the dry winter and my dry skin.

Cleanse - I'm using up the Holika Holika Lazy egg oil wash.  I actually really enjoyed this gift from @ShortErica .  I find it can remove my mascara if I forget to take it off before I hop in the shower.  It's nicely moisturizing as well.  No tight feeling here.

Serums - I just added in the CosRx Snail Musin Power Essance and I'm already in love. Great hydration in this guy and my skin loves Snail Juice. 

The second serum is the CosRx Propolis Light Ampule.  This is my second bottle and at the price I've been using it twice a day and my skin is feeling great.  CosRx may be my new favourite brand of 2019/2020.

Eye Cream - Dr. Dray loves CeraVe and mentioned this was a good eye cream (even though regular moisturizer is fine I like to be a bit extra and feel like my under eyes are getting a bit more love since they're so dry, thank you weather and turning 39).  So far so good with this guy.  No stinging, good moisture.  Can't complain.

Moisturizer- Dr. Jart Ceramidin Cream.  This one was influenced by @mrsmouse .  I've found two tubes at TJ's and then ordered a couple in Holiday Packs with the last sale.  I'm a fan.  This is super thick and just feels amazing on my skin in this dry weather.  We've been hovering around -15 ish most days and my skin is drinking this up.  I do wonder if it might be a bit much come summer, but I'll worry about that then.

Sunscreen - I go though many different sunscreens at any time.  Right now I'm working on using up this Shiseido SPF 50 since it expires this year.  It does leave a slight white cast, but my skin is pretty white too, so it blends in.  I top this with a tinted SPF as my foundation so any white is gone once I do that, but it may not be for others with a darker complexion.

Will try to do my PM lineup sometime soon too!  Love reading what everyone is using!

IMG_5041.jpg

Love that cute egg!! @missjeanie 

What a great routine @missjeanie!  I feel like what our skin loves is pretty similar, so I am definitely putting the CosRx Snail Muscin Essence on my Future Purchases list.  🙂

I picked this up at ulta 1/2 off @mrsmouse , and for how much you get I wouldn’t mind paying full price. This is going to help carry me through winter for sure!

Thanks, @missjeanie 😊 There are a few people loving that CosRx snail essence.  I will have to try that in the future. 

@missjeanie 

testing