cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Feedback Wanted: Origins New Mask!

HelloCalm Mask.jpeg

Sephora and Origins have partnered to give select Community members an exciting sneak peek at a brand new mask from Origins.

Origins has created Hello Calm, a relaxing and hydrating face mask with cannabis sativa seed oil and we would love to hear your feedback. 

Here are more details about this mask:

* Key benefits: It helps treat skin concerns such as dryness & visible irritation by instantly hydrating & soothe skin. And the essential oil blend helps to de-stress your senses, so you feel & look relaxed & refreshed.

* Key ingredients: Infused with natural, non-intoxicating Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil from Hemp.

* Usage: Apply generously to clean skin. Relax for 10 minutes. Tissue off. Massage in excess. Great before bedtime!

Once you learn more about the Hello Calm mask share your opinions and tell us about what you do to unwind and relax!

**EDIT**

Thank you all so much for your feedback! This mask is officially available so if you're interested in sharing your review or learning more about the product please head here: https://www.sephora.com/product/hello-calm-relaxing-hydrating-face-mask-with-cannabis-sativa-seed-oi...

Re: Feedback Wanted: Origins New Mask!

Hello everyone, I'm reviving this thread because I promised to use this mask in the winter and report back. At the time we received this last year, I did not find it to be that moisturizing. However, I found this to be soooooo unexpectedly restorative throughout the winter months! Normally, I find the effects of a mask last a day and then your skin feels like it's gone back to normal. However, with Hello Calm, I found even two days after application, my skin felt more "bouncy." Wow! I hope Canada gets this mask one day.

Origins Hello Calm™ Relaxing & Hydrating Face Mask with Hemp Seed Oil 2.5 oz/ 75 mL

I just bought this mask recently and am in Canada @pocketvenus! Yay it’s available to us now 🤗 My skin has been quite dry lately and I was searching for a mask that would help combat that. Origins Hello Calm definitely helped soothe my skin and my skin felt happy and ready for moisturizer after! I also felt the bouncy effect you mentioned. Thanks for reporting back on this one!

@Guessgal

So happy it worked out for you!! 😊 My fave winter masks are both from Origins 🙂 The other is

Origins Dr. Andrew Weil For Origins™ Mega-Mushroom Relief & Resilience Soothing Face Mask 

My sister finally was able to get her hands on the mask sample and tried it out a few times! Here's her review:

It was easy to apply and had a creamy texture. The colour of it leaves my face looking somewhat green (medium tone). 
It feels like a regular mask but leaves face feeling more calm, stretched (firm) and moisturized, but also a little sticky rather than pushed together (tight) and dry. 
End results: ** do not put on thick* It will stay on. It stays a little sticky regardless.  I ended up washing it off, but it did leave my face feeling moisturized. 

Overall, she liked the effects of the mask. The only aspect she didn't like was the removal. She told me she found it nearly impossible to remove with a tissue and that it was also hard to remove with water. She said she would keep trying it, but using thinner layers in hopes that it works better. 

Thank you so much to Origins and Sephora for sending this mask to try out! I'm glad Origins is also releasing the ginger kombucha mask since so many people on here loved it 🙂

I am excited to hear that about the ginger mask, @SpaceLlama as I haven’t tried it. Quite a few seemed to mask with both and loved it. I also tried a cotton pad to remove and it didn’t work out so well, either😉

Might be beating @RachFace2921 for latest review...Loved this mask 🙂 The herbal smell is just delightful to me, perfect after a long day. I've used it twice and once mixed with the ginger kombucha mask sent out a few months ago. A combo made in heaven! I prefer to wipe off the mask (comes off super easy with a tissue or towel) then lightly rinse with water or do a quick swipe with a cotton pad soaked with Son & Park Beauty Water. My skin feels hydrated, bouncy, and radiant, I will absolutely pick up the full size soon 🙂 Thank you again @SephoraBIC and @Originsbeauty !

Contrary to popular opinion, it was quite easy being green!

IMG_20180921_221557.jpg

@MissPuff you have sold me! 😂 I'm gonna try this one!!

@MissPuff you have sold me! 😂 I'm gonna try this one!!

I love it! @MissPuff

Feedback Wanted: Origins New Mask!

this sounds amazing! gonna have to snag it up!
Anonymous Insider

me too)

me too)

Hello, Calm lovers! It's now available for purchase!! When I use up my sample tube I'm deffo picking it up!

https://www.sephora.com/product/hello-calm-relaxing-hydrating-face-mask-with-cannabis-sativa-seed-oi...

Thanks, @alexasteph! I’m trying to squeeze at least 2 more uses out of mine before picking up the full size😂 Doing double duty by combining with a clay mask on the t-zone area and his on my cheeks;)

I think I take the trophy for 'most overdue review' of Origins Hello Calm!  A big thank you to @SephoraBIC for including me in the test run.  I can't think of a better candidate for testing, as I've been burning the midnight oil at work for the last several weeks and was definitely in need of anything with calming elements.

I got 4 uses out of the tube (very generous, thank you Origins!), and really enjoyed the therapeutic value.  My skin looked nice afterwards, hydrated and plump, and not red.  I can't say I saw long-lasting improvements  but also don't think the mask is claiming that. 

I'll cut to the chase -  I was in much need of some relaxation these last few weeks, and this hit the spot.  It was a simple way to do something nice for myself when I had little time and energy.  The smell bordered on medicinal for me, but was still pleasant and very soothing.  It has a gentle menthol like cooling sensation, but does not burn.  I did rinse the mask vs wiping off the excess, but had no issues with breakouts (even when I fell asleep in it once).  I can see myself putting this in rotation. It's definitely cheaper than therapy 😉And kudos on the little pouch - good size and sturdy!And kudos on the little pouch - good size and sturdy!

I'm glad you liked it! Thanks for your review!  @RachFace2921

@RachFace2921, yes, it is way cheaper than therapy😄 lol! 

@RachFace2921

So glad you got to try this and it helped during your hectic work schedule! I received it as well, but haven't got to try it, so you're not too late!!😉 Thanks for sharing your opinion!!😊

Hello!

How do you become a community member to try out products?

Thanks!

Kathleen 

Good news, @kathleenmanuel, you’re already a community member😊! Active participation is encouraged, just keep checking in, posting, and sharing your thoughts. Browse the threads, find a couple that interest you, and subscribe. That helps keep you up-to-date and involved. Sneak peeks like this are random but if you regularly contribute you might get the opportunity to sample some new beauty finds👍🏼!

Super late to the game on this one, guys! But i finally had the chance to try out the new Hello Calm mask from Origins, so kindly gifted by @SephoraBIC 🙂

The mask is exactly how the other folks on the thread have described it, super herb-y, natural, and basically a face mask version of my bedside oil diffuser. The smell is immediately relaxing and calming (oh, okay, now i get the name. yep, got it) - i wanted to leave it on way longer than instructed! 

I've never used a mask intended to calm - i'm typically all about the exfoliation and hydration. So, this was really interesting to use! My face is naturally pretty red and flushed and i know a mask isn't going to change my face shade. However, my skin was happy and moisturized after using. I think i'm going experiment using it on my elbows and other psoriasis prone areas on my body. 

Click the spoiler for another Elphaba face 🙂 

Spoiler
IMG_6700.jpg

Thanks for the review @scott1201! Does the mask go on smoothly or did you have to add multiple layers to get an even amount on your face?

3 Replies
testing