Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Ulta GWPs

This thread will be for Ulta GWPs only.  Share ulta promos here.  

Please do NOT post requests for the spreadsheet in this thread.  Please post requests for the Ulta GWP google spread sheet in this thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Ulta-GWP-Google-Spreadsheet-Request-Thread/m-p/2753063#M11...

A list of in store coupons is here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Savvy-Shoppers/Ulta-GWP-Coupons-no-chatter/td-p/3866521

Let's keep this thread on topic!

Ulta points refresher (because yes, it is that complicated):

Spoiler

Item #1 - $53.50

Item #3 - $108.50 (and is eligible for a certain item/brand 5x multiplier)

* There is also a 5x all purchase multiplier and you are platinum so you get 1.25x

Total Spent - $162

Base Points Earned - 162

Platinum .25x Earned - 41 (162 * .25 = 40.5, and rounding up)

5x All Purchases Earned - 648 (it ends up being 4x because you don't count the base points)

5x Item/Brand Earned - 434

Total Points Earned - 1285

Links are not allowed.  In lieu of links, please read this:

Spoiler

Please add product id numbers and sku numbers so people can find items on ulta.  

Just to clarify, there is an item number that Ulta lists on the website, right under the picture of the item.

The product id is the number given to the item in the URL.  So Ulta's site follows this formula of having the url and then the very last part of the url is "productId=xlsImpprod" followed by an 8 digit number.  If you use that "productId" number you can get to the page of any item on ulta. 

It's not a search, but the direct url to the page. 

Click on any product, and then view the url in the address bar.  It will look like this: ulta's website (not using the actual domain because BT admins don't like that) /prep-prime-fix?productId=xlsImpprod15921204  Replace the 8 digit product id of the item you want to see with the id of the product you're looking for.

My very unofficial Ulta point multiplier to approximate percent discount chart:

(This is a number where I use the multiplier to divide by 2000 to see how many dollars I would have to spend in order to redeem a $125 reward.  E.g. 2000 points divided by 1 point multiplier means I have to spend $2000 to get the $125 reward.  Adding how much I had to spend ($2000) + the reward ($125), and then using the reward ($125) to divide the total purchase ($2125), I get a discount of approximately 6% based on the total purchase.  Note: the total purchase is based on the concept that you are spending just enough to reach the next $125 reward and combines the reward value with how much money you had to spend to get that reward.

Spoiler
Multiplier11.251.522.252.533.253.544.254.557.257.588.258.599.259.51010.2510.5
Spend2000160013331000889800667615571500471444400276267250242235222216211200195190
Points200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000
Redeem125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125
Total Purchase21251725145811251014925792740696625596569525401392375367360347341336325320315
Discount6%7%9%11%12%14%16%17%18%20%21%22%24%31%32%33%34%35%36%37%37%38%39%40%

Re: Ulta GWPs

@Indy701 Ohhh thats good!! Are you able to post the link for online please? 🙂

@sabrinas  I don’t think we can post links here. The item number is 2526128. I’ll message you too 

@Indy701 Thank you very much!

@Indy701 Can you please message me too! I’m still awful at figuring out how to put in the item #

ABH Prism Palette is on sale for $32! (It will also be on sale at Sephora in a few hours). I was going to buy it when the multipliers were doubling, but I'm glad I waited because I'd rather save the money straight out 🙂IMG_3023.PNG

@lippieaddict19There's still 5x on ABH though.  No reason not to save money upfront and on the back end!  But now you have me thinking about which was the better buy: full priced ABH palette with 9.25x (assuming you're platinum) or sale price with 5x?

Here we go!

Full price - $42

42 * 9.25 = 388.5 (I think they would round up to 389). 389/2000 = 19.5% (rounding to nearest tenth).  .195 * 125 = 24.31.  42-24.31= $17.69 (bottom line)

Sale price - $32

32 * 5.25 = 168.  168/2000 = 8.4%.  .084 * 125 = 10.5.  32-10.5= $21.5 (bottom line)

So it looks like the better deal (by a whopping $3.81) is the full-priced palette with 9.25x points multiplier.  The points are the way to go in the long-term, but you're not getting screwed if you waited for it to go on sale either.

@itscarin Thanks for doing the calculations! I think I still prefer to spend less out of pocket from the outset, but it's nice to see how those multipliers add up 😄

@itscarinAre these point multipliers only for Platinum?  My account only shows 5x on the Philosophy perfumes.

@itsvictoria

They're not necessarily just for Platinum, but they are account specific and at least partially based on your spending history. If you've never shopped at Ulta much, you don't get as many of the specialized offers (which seems a bit backwards, to me at least...they should be trying to draw in the new shoppers with good multipliers early on)

New GWP is up for Clinique - Free Full Size Fresh Pressed Vitamin C Booster with any Clinique moisturizer purchase. Best part - it includes the $5 mini gel and lotion! This was advertised in the flyer for the Love Your Skin event, but it looks like they just uploaded it to their site today. IMG_3022.PNG

It's cool that clinique is 5x right now, too!  I have three of these mini size lotions from when the full size eye cream was gratis.  It's actually nice to have them in my gym bag because I do get dry around my chin.

@itscarin I have quite a few tubes from previous GWPs and unfortunately I think the formula makes me break out 😞 It's still an amazing deal because I really want to try that vit c booster. Everyone seems to love the moisturizer so I'm sure I can find someone to give it to

This explains it! I went in yesterday to get the free Clinique sample with the coupon that came out a couple days ago, and when I got home I realized they gave me this instead. 

ulta.PNG

No mention of grandfathering Smiley Indifferent 

Spoiler
diamond.PNG

Ultamate Rewards®
MEMBERSHIP RULES Revised January 16, 2018

Subject to the terms and conditions set forth below, members of Ultamate Rewards will earn points in connection with the purchase of qualifying products and Beauty Services at Ulta Beauty stores and qualifying products Online that are redeemable towards the purchase of certain products.

I. MEMBERSHIP 1. Free Membership.

No purchase is necessary to obtain membership in the Ultamate Rewards program ("Ultamate Rewards" or the "Program") and get an Ultamate Rewards account.

2. Eligibility.

You must be age 13 years or older and a resident of the United States to be eligible for membership. Membership in the Program is limited to individuals only and is limited to one account per individual. Persons under the age of 18 ("Minors") must obtain their parents' or legal guardians' consent prior to participation. By submitting an application for Ultamate Rewards, you agree (or, if you are a Minor, your parent or legal guardian agrees) to be bound by these terms and conditions. To enroll in the Program, you must provide your first name, last name, mailing address, and phone number. The Program is void where prohibited by law. A person may not be a member of more than one ULTA customer rewards Program. Members are entitled to only one Member Account.

3. Opening an Account.

A.) In-Store. You may apply to become a member of the Program by completing an application at any Ulta Beauty store.

B.) Online. You may also apply to become a member of the Program by visiting ulta (the "Website" or "Online"). In order to apply on the Website, you must first be a registered user of the Website and have a user name and password.

4. Membership Account.

Each Ultamate Rewards member ("Member") will receive an Ultamate Rewards account number that is unique to such Member ("Account"). Accounts are issued in-store at the time the customer enrolls in the Program. If you join the Program Online, you will have the opportunity to print a copy of your card. If Member surrenders or loses their Member Card, Member may be issued points (including negative balances) will be transferred to the new Member Account. To ensure proper handling of Member Accounts, lost or stolen accounts must be reported to an Ulta Beauty associate in any Ulta Beauty store or by contacting Ulta Beauty Guest Services at 866-983-ULTA (8582). The Account remains the property of Ulta Beauty and must be surrendered upon request. No credit or cash will be given for unused points. Program account numbers are not transferable and are not for sale, resale or barter. Ulta Beauty is not responsible for use of a Member's account or redemption of a Member's points in the event the Member's account is stolen and the account is used or the points are redeemed prior to the Member informing Ulta Beauty that the Member's account has been stolen.

5. Access/Change Member Information.

Members must keep their personal information on their Account up-to-date by visiting any Ulta Beauty location or the Website. Registered users of the Website must provide their individual Account number when logging on the Website, which will allow the Member to update their personal profile. If you are a Member of the Program but not a registered user of the Website, you may become a registered user of the Website by clicking the "Rewards" link in the header of the ulta.com homepage, then click "Create an Account" and proceeding through the associated registration screens. Once you are a registered user of the Website and have inputted your Member number, the "My Account" link will allow maintenance of both site registration and Program associated information. Ulta Beauty may also obtain change of address updates from other sources such as the U.S. Postal Service, but is not obligated to do so. The information you provide as a member of the Program will be handled according to Ulta Beauty's privacy policy. To learn more about Ulta Beauty's Privacy Policy, please visit ulta.com or contact Guest Services at 866-983-ULTA (8582).

6. Platinum Members.

Becoming a Platinum Member. Members who spend $450 between January 1 and December 31 will earn Platinum status ("Platinum Member"). Platinum status is valid for the remainder of the year in which it is earned through December 31 of the following calendar year (minimum of twelve months, maximum of 24 months). For example, if a Member reaches Platinum status in July 2017, her status as Platinum is valid until December 31, 2018.

Platinum Member Benefits. Platinum Members enjoy additional benefits and promotional offers such as: points that do not expire while a Platinum Member, a 25% higher base earning rate (1.25 points for every one dollar spent), an annual birthday gift (currently, a coupon good for $10 off on a single purchase), the ability to earn additional bonus points, and access to Platinum Member events. All Platinum Member benefits and promotions are subject to the terms and conditions of the offer.

7. Diamond Members.

Becoming a Diamond Member. Members who spend $1200 between January 1 and December 31 will earn Diamond status ("Diamond Member"). Diamond status is valid for the remainder of the year in which it is earned through December 31 of the following calendar year (minimum of twelve months, maximum of 24 months). For example, if a Member reaches Diamond status in July 2017, her status as Diamond is valid until December 31, 2018.

Diamond Member Benefits. Diamond Members enjoy additional benefits and promotional offers such as: points that do not expire while a Diamond Member, a 50% higher base earning rate (1.5 points for every one dollar spent), an annual birthday gift (currently, a coupon good for $10 off on a single purchase), the ability to earn additional bonus points, everyday free shipping on orders of $25 or more, a free $25 beauty service reward card, and access to Diamond Member events. All Diamond Member benefits and promotions are subject to the terms and conditions of the offer.

8. Ultamate Rewards Credit Card and Ultamate Rewards Mastercard® Holders.

Ultamate Rewards Credit Card. Members may apply for an Ultamate Rewards Credit Card, administered through Comenity Capital Bank. If Member is accepted, agrees to the terms of a separate Ultamate Rewards Credit Card Account Agreement with Comenity Capital Bank ("Agreement"), which governs the use of your Ultamate Rewards Credit Card, Ultamate Rewards Credit Card holder will enjoy additional benefits, such as qualification for additional points with purchases of qualifying products and services, as detailed in these rules, terms and conditions. While the Program may be related to your Agreement, these Program Terms are separate and independent from your Agreement. In the event of any conflict between these Program Terms and your Agreement, these Terms will control in any matter relating to the Program.

see the rest here: 

because - 
exceed.PNG

I find it so odd that Ulta set their highest rewards level with an even higher spending level than Sephora Rouge. Yes, they have beauty services, but still, based on the brand/product mix, that doesn't make much sense to me. $1200 is about 69 MAC lipsticks or 36 Nars lipsticks compared to the 23 Tom Ford lipsticks or 14 Christian Louboutin lipsticks I could buy for about $1200 at Sephora! 

And if y'all thought people were upset with the Rouge program, go check out the comments on Ulta's Facebook page regarding Diamond status. 

@txcatx It's pretty bad over there on their Facebook post. Ulta is going to have a lot of work to do pleasing people and fixing this, because there is quite a bit of outrage. I try not to complain about free loyalty program, but Ulta made a major mistake with this "upgrade." The only difference between Platinum and Diamond is the lower shipping threshold and a service GC, which still isn't really much because unless you're getting a brow wax, your service will cost more than $25. Yeah, you earn points "faster," but you also have to spend $750 more to get to that spot. I know people have complained about Rouge for ever and ever, but this is even worse haha. It would make them look good if they make an announcement acknowledging the feedback and grandfathering in anyone who spent over $1200 last year, at least to win some points back. 

Wow, people are pissed.  I spent 3,700 last year.  I am sad I'm not able to start this year with the new status.  However, I still think Ulta's rewards program beats everyone else.  I spent 3,700, but I also got 1,875 back in rewards money to spend.

@txcatx Yeah, I really think Ulta out-kicked their coverage with this one. Even if you just compare the free shipping - Rouge = free shipping with $1000, Ulta = free shipping on $25 with $1200. Not to mention the fact that Ulta orders take at least a week to get to me and usually a week and a half. I'd love to have been a fly on the wall in the meeting where they came up with this.

So I know this is off topic but I really never really sho...

So I know this is off topic but I really never really shopped at Ulta unless there something I want on sale and I have a ULTA account but I want to know what's so big about the rewards system bc I really never seem to get alot of points. So my question is basically to get alot of points wouldn't you have to spend thousands of dollars or am I missing out on something bc I always see people saying they only paid like 5 dollars for 300 dollars of makeup through rewards. Is there something I can do to boost my points?

Re: So I know this is off topic but I really never really sho...

@diamondloveYou have to imagine that when people are racking up 2000 points left and right, they're not doing it dollar per dollar.  They're usually doing it at a ratio of $1 to 5 points, if not better. 

Right now there are 5x points on all services -- so you get a blow out at ulta for $30 (or whatever they charge) and you get 150 points.  5x on Lancome items - they had a sale last week where a $30 makeup remover was $15 and the 5x applied to that - say you spend another $30 and get another 150 points.  5x on ABH and the prism palette is on sale - $32; 160 points.  5x on clarisonic, estee lauder, clarins, clinique, murad, etc skin care - say you bought a $100 clarisonic mia; 500 points.  I have a 250 bonus point offer for spending $60 or more, so add that to the equation.  5x for NYX - let's say you pick up some eyeliner or mascara or glitter or something - $20 for 100 points.

Add that all up. 

blow out - $30 - 150 points

lancome - $30 - 150 points

abh - $32 - 160 points

clarisonic - $100 - 500 points

nyx - $20 - 100 points

bonus offer - spend at least $60 - 250 points

Spend $211 - Get 1310 points.

And then you just wait for another time the point multipliers come up and buy those items.  It adds up pretty quick.

Re: So I know this is off topic but I really never really sho...

Exactly what @txcatx said. It's all about timing your purchase and buying with points multipliers if you can. From time to time, you can get a 2x/3x all purchases multiplier plus a couple of 5x brand multipliers so everything you buy then earns you more. Yesterday I made a $60 purchase that netted me over 470 points because of 5x multipliers on certain brands, a 2x multiplier for my birthday month, and a random bonus point offer for any purchase over $60. It pays to buy when you're able to stack points. Now I have almost 4000 pts saved up, but trust me when I say that I have spent only a small fraction of that in dollars out of pocket. And when you trade in points in 2000 pt increments you get $125 worth of free merchandise, even more if you stack with a 20% off coupon. 

3 Replies
testing